Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino Threatens To Sue Ronda Rousey Over Steroid Comments

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
There was a lot if skill in big country's game. His physique didn't always gain him respect. He smoked Frank Mir on points if I recall, in a wrestling match in Franks prime. Google it, it's worth watching.

Roy has good striking and his ground game is top notch

Last edited:
TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
yes, which is why it's MORE unfair for ronda to be expected to move up in weight. a woman can't gain ten pounds of muscle naturally in a short amount of time.

Ronda agreed to fight Gina Carano @ 145 so why not Cyborg?

I'll wait for your lame excuse Mr. White Knight.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Well, I haven't been lighter than 240 in years, and while I'm personally hurt that you think I'm a "big lug" that is "too slow" to be entertaining, haha, I'm going to have to guess that you haven't actually had experience with a big, exceptional, athlete. Some of the most entertaining fights I've ever seen in my life were heavyweight fights. Some were no weight class. I'm talking about fights that were the definition of entertainment BECAUSE the fighters were big. I'm talking about Bob Sapp, Hong Man Choi, Alistair Overeem in late Pride and Dream days, Dan Severn, Don Frye, Mirko CroCop, are you kidding me? Some are entertaining for sheer size, some because they could do what they could do AT their size. How can you consider CroCop or Fedor slow? You think their speed was singular and unique? Many many other heavyweights are light on their feet and quick. Former NFL caliber linemen, former professional wrestlers, former world champion athletes, all fight in the heavyweight division. If you watch basketball, you should probably stop, because those guys are almost all over 200 pounds. Same with football save CBs and some WRs and kickers. Oh, and about half of those unathletic pro MLB players too. Dude, stop reading whenever you get it bro. If you get to this, and you don't get it, read it again. If you aren't HGH and you made it to here, I'm sorry, and you should probably stand up and stretch.

All those fools you listed get winded by round 3. They may be faster than you or me but they're not faster than the 170s and 205s which are the msot exciting to IMO bc of combination of size and speed.

Basketball players are all like 7 feet tall so they're over 200 pounds but still skinny/fast.

Ronda agreed to fight Gina Carano @ 145 so why not Cyborg?

I'll wait for your lame excuse Mr. White Knight.

Because that's a no-contest easy paycheck. Practice, basically.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
All those fools you listed get winded by round 3. They may be faster than you or me but they're not faster than the 170s and 205s which are the msot exciting to IMO bc of combination of size and speed.

Basketball players are all like 7 feet tall so they're over 200 pounds but still skinny/fast.

Who said anything about cardio? We were debating your stance that you don't like the heavyweight division because it's boring and I countered that it is entertaining.

#1- I'm pretty scary quick, period. Not just for a big guy. I'm quick. My knees are broken, but I can still smoke _3M_ in a 40yd sprint after leg day behind the gym in the dark on wet pavement. I can stand under a 10ft rim and with no step, jump and easily throw it down. And I don't know how to prove to you my hands are quick too, but they are. The point is, I'm explosive and big, and so are most of the heavyweights. You just don't appreciate it.

Let me ask you something. You say "still skinny/fast". Are you under the impression that skinny equals fast and big/muscular equals slow? Hmm. Sprinters aren't very skinny. Any sport that requires speed and explosiveness tends to be dominated by the muscular athletes.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Who said anything about cardio? We were debating your stance that you don't like the heavyweight division because it's boring and I countered that it is entertaining.

#1- I'm pretty scary quick, period. Not just for a big guy. I'm quick. My knees are broken, but I can still smoke @_3M_ in a 40yd sprint after leg day behind the gym in the dark on wet pavement. I can stand under a 10ft rim and with no step, jump and easily throw it down. And I don't know how to prove to you my hands are quick too, but they are. The point is, I'm explosive and big, and so are most of the heavyweights. You just don't appreciate it.

Let me ask you something. You say "still skinny/fast". Are you under the impression that skinny equals fast and big/muscular equals slow? Hmm. Sprinters aren't very skinny. Any sport that requires speed and explosiveness tends to be dominated by the muscular athletes.

Sprinters aren't skinny, but they're also not winning any marathons, which is what a MMA fight can seem like if it goes all 5 rounds. Sure those guys are explosive and fast initially but they can't last like the lighter guys.

And from personal experience, I was 145 at age 20 and now I'm a solid heavyweight, though not as large as you obviously. I know what it feels like to be at all those sizes. There is a sweet spot where you're strong and fast and can go a long time. I used to commute by bicycle from Venice to Pasadena. You couldn't tire me out if you had all day. Now 25 minutes on the stairclimber has me dead.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Who said anything about cardio? We were debating your stance that you don't like the heavyweight division because it's boring and I countered that .

I'm pretty scary quick, period. Not just for a big guy. I'm quick. My knees are broken, but I can still smoke _3M_ in a 40yd sprint after leg day behind the gym in the dark on wet pavement. I can stand under a 10ft rim and with no step, jump and easily throw it down. And I don't know how to prove to you my hands are quick too, but they are. The point is, I'm explosive and big, and so are most of the heavyweights. You just don't appreciate it.

Haha I still challenge you to a rematch SAD!

But I agree with you in terms of just because someone is small or skinny doesn't necessarily mean they're fast. SAD was 300lbs when we raced and I was about 180 and he smoked me. I say that just to boost his ego a little bit.

But seriously he did beat me, and I was extremely surprised. And also most basketball players aren't just skinny they're actually extremely lean and muscular. So size and weight doesn't necessarily dictate how fast a person is or how much endurance they have. You can't really compare a sprinter to a marathon runner because its completely different a sprint is maximum effort just as a boxing match or ufc fight and a sprint is steady pace. They use completely different energy systems. HGH

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Sprinters aren't skinny, but they're also not winning any marathons, which is what a MMA fight can seem like if it goes all 5 rounds. Sure those guys are explosive and fast initially but they can't last like the lighter guys.

And from personal experience, I was 145 at age 20 and now I'm a solid heavyweight, though not as large as you obviously. I know what it feels like to be at all those sizes. There is a sweet spot where you're strong and fast and can go a long time. I used to commute by bicycle from Venice to Pasadena. You couldn't tire me out if you had all day. Now 25 minutes on the stairclimber has me dead.
So you are saying no heavyweight fight has ever gone the distance to 5 rounds, because they are not lightweights? The most ludicrous statement ever.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Who said anything about cardio? We were debating your stance that you don't like the heavyweight division because it's boring and I countered that .

I'm pretty scary quick, period. Not just for a big guy. I'm quick. My knees are broken, but I can still smoke _3M_ in a 40yd sprint after leg day behind the gym in the dark on wet pavement. I can stand under a 10ft rim and with no step, jump and easily throw it down. And I don't know how to prove to you my hands are quick too, but they are. The point is, I'm explosive and big, and so are most of the heavyweights. You just don't appreciate it.

Haha I still challenge you to a rematch SAD!

But I agree with you in terms of just because someone is small or skinny doesn't necessarily mean they're fast. SAD was 300lbs when we raced and I was about 180 and he smoked me. I say that just to boost his ego a little bit.

But seriously he did beat me, and I was extremely surprised. And also most basketball players aren't just skinny they're actually extremely lean and muscular. So size and weight doesn't necessarily dictate how fast a person is or how much endurance they have. You can't really compare a sprinter to a marathon runner because its completely different a sprint is maximum effort just as a boxing match or ufc fight and a sprint is steady pace. They use completely different energy systems. HGH

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The first post was a needed ego-boost, 3M, but saying it again has brought out my God-complex. Kneel down.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
So you are saying no heavyweight fight has ever gone the distance to 5 rounds, because they are not lightweights? The most ludicrous statement ever.

No, I'm saying that no heavyweight fight is as exciting in round five because those big lugs are tired out esp. if they're truly natty.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'd rather watch classic Mike Tyson fight over Lennox Lewis any day. Both Heavyweights, both held the belt for a while.

Tyson fights were exciting and unpredictable.
Lewis fights, jab, jab, hold, jab, hold, jab.....

Weight class vs weight class is hard to compare, many matches within the weight classes themselves are hard due to different fighting styles. Referenced boxing above as it is the biggest contradiction within the same weight class that comes to mind.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Matt Hughes/GSP/Tito Ortiz, all guys who held titles who had great cardio and I couldn't stand watching any of them fight. Not exciting to me, because of the style and/or recipe of "do what it takes to win, even if it's the same damn thing every single boring-assed time". I could probably name 10 more who weren't as big named, but the point is, LK makes a great point. There is no weight class for exciting fights, only exciting fighters/matchups.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic