Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Intermittent fasting...your thoughts?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
So on topic. How would this be supperior to Carb toggling?

I could see how intermittent fasting could need to be worked into a diet because they are unable to eat often but I hope this isn't being treated like it is ideal.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Your post makes no sense. This is bodybuilding and there are weight classes for such a thing as different people with different body types? Not understanding why you are starting an argument where there doesn't need to be one.

I'll refer the rest to Shine's post :)

The argument is show me an impressive mother fucker who does this shit. Every time, and I mean every fuckin' time this stupid topic comes up, only the little guys with no mass speak up in praise of this shit.

I ask for proof and that's the shit I get, yet again.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Since i made this post i started IF, for a few days. Last meal would be about 7pm and not eat untill about 1pm the following day. The thing i noticed was i started going flat (does that make sense?) and didnt like that. Dont know what was going on, still drinking a gallon of water a day and maybe coming up a lil short on macros, ball park guess. When i eat breakfast, i seem to look fuller through out day. Maybe something else needs to be adjusted to avoid that flat look...idk.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I know a couple of our smaller strongman that use it one is 210 and one is 240 . They seem to like it and be able to keep strength gains in tact.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Since i made this post i started IF, for a few days. Last meal would be about 7pm and not eat untill about 1pm the following day. The thing i noticed was i started going flat (does that make sense?) and didnt like that. Dont know what was going on, still drinking a gallon of water a day and maybe coming up a lil short on macros, ball park guess. When i eat breakfast, i seem to look fuller through out day. Maybe something else needs to be adjusted to avoid that flat look...idk.
Keep us posted. I'm interested to see how it works for you.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Keep us posted. I'm interested to see how it works for you.
I stopped for the moment as the flat look and feeling is bothering me. Gonna keep reading things and try to experiment a lil bit. The not eating for 16 hours or so just does not seem to work for me personally.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I stopped for the moment as the flat look and feeling is bothering me. Gonna keep reading things and try to experiment a lil bit. The not eating for 16 hours or so just does not seem to work for me personally.

I guess it basically comes down to not eating 4 hours before bed and 4 hours after getting up. I think I could do it if trying to drop body fat in a short period, but otherwise don't think I'd care for it either.

S

sartac

May 12, 2012
IF sounds good for life extension; may not make the most of a steroid diet. Would sooner eat a bunch of greens than starve intermittently when cutting, but to each their own.

Hats off to the lean and mean, high endurance types. Surely the power to weight thing is uniquely impressive in many gyms. However, aesthetics can be seen everywhere, and it's a cliché material world we live in.

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
Im still doing it. Im a powerlifter not bodybuilder. uploadfromtaptalk1341341786894.jpg

L

legaljuicer

MuscleHead
Mar 21, 2011
Shawn is no small man. He knows his stuff. We can agree to disagree. If it works for Shawn then great. if it doesn't for someone else then don't do it :)

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Not intermittent fasting as such but its interesting that someone like Vince Comerford ( the Lee Priest of his era ) lived on nothing but frozen slurpees and protein shakes for many months at least that I can vouch for .Also masters mr O Sonny Schmidt never ate more than two meals a day and thats without protein shakes , the notion that you have to eat every three hours is a myth .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic