Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Intermittent fasting...your thoughts?

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
I am on my 3rd round of IF and doing well. I use different protocols for my macros but I do normally eat in a 7-8 hour window.

I have a client that is also using it for his prep for a bodybuilding show. We used it in the offseason as well where he put on 11 lbs of solid weight. I was actually surprised because we were experimenting.

Last week he deadlifted 405 weighing 152.

I have set two different personal bests myself on the diet in the last week.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I am on my 3rd round of IF and doing well. I use different protocols for my macros but I do normally eat in a 7-8 hour window.

I have a client that is also using it for his prep for a bodybuilding show. We used it in the offseason as well where he put on 11 lbs of solid weight. I was actually surprised because we were experimenting.

Last week he deadlifted 405 weighing 152.

I have set two different personal bests myself on the diet in the last week.

put on 11lbs while IF? Not trying to ask a stupid question but was your client still hitting macros during that time or was he in caloric reduction, thanks.

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
IF is not about calorie reduction or addition. For his offseason he ate a little more but nor more than 2900 calories.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
put on 11lbs while IF? Not trying to ask a stupid question but was your client still hitting macros during that time or was he in caloric reduction, thanks.
You don't have to be cutting to do IF. I know several guys who do it year round, whether bulking or cutting. I used to know this one guy a couple years ago who used to eat one giant meal a day and he put on solid mass that way. I don't think I could do that, but I'm sure I could bulk in an 8-hour window. No problem LOL.

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
Just talked to my client and he wants to keep pushing the limits so we are revamping his IF plan and skipping 2012 season for his pro debut in January 2013.

IF can work but isnt for everyone.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
You don't have to be cutting to do IF. I know several guys who do it year round, whether bulking or cutting. I used to know this one guy a couple years ago who used to eat one giant meal a day and he put on solid mass that way. I don't think I could do that, but I'm sure I could bulk in an 8-hour window. No problem LOL.

Interesting, the guys you know who do this, are they impressive? All I see with this method are little dudes...

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
One of my clients

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341210810981.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341210810981.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 273
ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
thanks for your posts shawn, but that guy is not really big and ripped...

Shawn Bellon

Shawn Bellon

Jun 29, 2012
He is 154 lbs and put on 11 lbs while dropping his bodyfat and is drugfree. He is 5'3 as well. Alot of quality muscle. And that is his offseason.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
He is 154 lbs and put on 11 lbs while dropping his bodyfat and is drugfree. He is 5'3 as well. Alot of quality muscle. And that is his offseason.

I could care less about stats, this is bodybuilding... It's what you look like, he's midget and does not carry much size. Besides, attributing gains to that system while he's a newb... Not sure it solid. He would make gains either way and still has lots of newb gains in store.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic