Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Wrong about diets

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
So I have been educated about dieting in recent days on this very board. Just goes to show you are never too old to learn something new. See for years I have been way overthinking this whole bodybuilding/eating thing. Apparently I'm not alone Judging by the weight loss section of this board. Years spent counting macros and trying to find just the right combinations of foods for my body wasted. Come to find out macros don't matter...at all. Nope, its calories are calories. Anyone can have abs eating whatever they want. Proteins, fats, carbs? They mean absolutely nothing! You have all been misled by diet gurus .

Check out this article: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-dec-06-la-he-fitness-twinkie-diet-20101206-story.html

I've always struggled with fat loss. Although I have managed to lose up to 71 pounds in 9 months at one point by INCREASING my calories but manipulating my macros, I was informed that this is not possible. So I'm going to try this new approach. I have been eating 2,000-2400 calories per day for the last couple of months and I'm down 26 pounds so far. Keep in mind my diet is mostly proteins and fats. No sugar or starches of any kind. But with my new found knowledge imma ditch this and start eating just carbs and sugar. Maybe a little fat for taste. My new diet will be 1,500-1,800 calories per day (so I should drop weight like a stone) but I'll only be eating white rice with sugar and butter in it. Maybe the occasional candy bar or pixie stick. With this calorie deficit I should be able to easily drop this last 10-15 pounds in a few weeks.

Thanks for the advice fellas! This is a game changer!!!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
A7698726-7B5D-4543-BB57-860EC721AF63.gif

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
No crow in the new meal plan?

Reactions: SAD
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Correct. Fat loss is all about calories in cals out.

Macros (and ratios) dont really matter. You do need to meet protein requirements so you cant say macros dont matter at all.

But for example, it does not matter from a fat loss perspective whether you get all your carbs from pop tarts or sweet potatoes.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but yes, what you are saying is 100% accurate.

I have purposely let my bf drift up above 10% due to an injury and just aching too much being sub 10, but for several years stayed sub 10% eating ramen noodles, ice cream, pizza, chicken wings...etc. Also doing ZERO cardio. And before anyone says it....I was never a lean individual in my life.

Cals in cals out.

Now we can get into semantics since it is not 100% true as there are thermic differences etc. But for sake of practicality, cals are cals.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Correct. Fat loss is all about calories in cals out.

Macros (and ratios) dont really matter. You do need to meet protein requirements so you cant say macros dont matter at all.

But for example, it does not matter from a fat loss perspective whether you get all your carbs from pop tarts or sweet potatoes.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but yes, what you are saying is 100% accurate.

I have purposely let my bf drift up above 10% due to an injury and just aching too much being sub 10, but for several years stayed sub 10% eating ramen noodles, ice cream, pizza, chicken wings...etc. Also doing ZERO cardio. And before anyone says it....I was never a lean individual in my life.

Cals in cals out.

Now we can get into semantics since it is not 100% true as there are thermic differences etc. But for sake of practicality, cals are cals.

As I said, this is a game changer for me. I guess I been following the "bro science" for too long. All this time giving up fast food, pizza, and other goodies I could have been eating it all and been fine. Someone really needs to tell the pros about this. I think many of them are still doing shit the old way and manipulating macros. Some I've have heard are eating nothing but chicken and rice. They could be eating pizza and drink beer. This bodybuilding stuff is certainly going to be much easier with my newfound knowledge.

No crow in the new meal plan?

Naw dude I'll admit when I'm wrong. This way of eating is gonna be a hell of a lot easier. I rarely allow myself junk food but now I can live off that shit and still lose weight....fuck yeah! I guess I'll have to admit over the years losing hundreds of pounds of fat the old way I was likely just delusional and buying into the broscience. When I went from 230-152 in 9 months by cutting out all the sugar and almost doubling my calories I was meticulous about counting those macros. I logged everything I ate or drank. But now I understand that's not how it works and I was likely just eating the zero calorie steak and low calorie eggs. I was just young and didn't understand the science.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
152 how tall are you?

I'm 5'9" and at the time (I was 21) I was fat as shit and suffering from high blood pressure and some other issues. The Dr said I should try to get to my "ideal body weight" and quoted his little chart. My "ideal body weight" is between 148-152 for my height. So that's what I got down to. These days I walk around at about 217 and 15-16% body fat (a bit higher at the moment because of the covid weight). As long as I don't go crazy with the sodium or dbol my BP is fine.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I got in this same 'argument' with Italian Muscle a few years back when he told me I did not know what I was talking about.

Anyway... I posted this as an example of daily shape that I hold without putting forth effort with cardio..etc.

In full disclosure, I have let my weight drift up about 10-12lbs. Was 205 in those pics, and currently at 215 @ 5'9". I had a back injury and staying that lean hurts too much. Carrying a little extra fat and water feels better. Current pic is the bottom one where you can see my legs are not as defined as I once was. Dont have any current upper body pics but still have abs, just lost the veins in the abs.

Thinking about shedding some fat for summer. Just have to balance wanting to not ache all over when I get lean....

UMioW9A.jpg

Y5vkAat.jpg

vvUma8S.jpg

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Ok, after serious consideration I decided that the diet of only rice, butter and sugar might not be sustainable so Imma change it up a bit. I'm going to do Mcdonalds 2-3 days per week for all meals and at home I'm going to eat ice cream and poptarts. This should make the weight loss easier due to not getting bored with the food choices. I talked to one of my students who went to college for 5 years for nutrition and he says this is the dumbest shit he has ever heard of. But I know now that he is just one of those brainwashed peasants who has bought into the macros scam. I told him I got this advice from experts on this board so it has to be legit. Look at macgyver above, that dude is pretty jacked while eating nachos. I sent my guy those Greg Doucette vids and he said some BS about him being on some things and selling some things. Again just more brainwashing.

I'm actually starting to question a lot of other things in my life now. I now believe Michael O'Hearn is defiantly natty. He likely just knows the secrets of calories = calories. Been keeping it to himself all these years. BASTARD! Anyway, I'll take measurements and body fat and start posting a log soon.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Ok, after serious consideration I decided that the diet of only rice, butter and sugar might not be sustainable so Imma change it up a bit. I'm going to do Mcdonalds 2-3 days per week for all meals and at home I'm going to eat ice cream and poptarts. This should make the weight loss easier due to not getting bored with the food choices.

Now with the TRUTH out, I think I'll begin training for the O!!!!...Haha!....If I would've known this, I could've/shoudl've/ would've beat them all!....

On a serious note....These days, I'm more concerned about what's IN the food, rather than, what KIND it is....However, I do look like an overweight hippotumas!...

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@gunslinger . I dont get it man. If you are just wanting to be sarcastic and start a thread about something that you obviously are not knowledgeable about,...what is the point?

This is the 'weight loss forum'. If you want to start a 'misc' topic and just bust balls, perhaps you do it in a place where people know you are just talking out you a$$ and they dont bother wasting THEIR time in trying to respond to you with the notion that you may need some help. Quality information and sharing that info is the lifeblood of forum. There is not enough of it lately on here. If you want to bust balls....the flame forum is open...

There are many many people that show this is true. And there is also science supporting it. I wont bother posting studies or other examples since I feel this is a waste of time now that I am realizing you are actually mocking something that you dont understand.

I am also probably a similar age to you. I used to be stuck in 'bro' ideas of what a 'bodybuilding' diet needed to be. Then just over 10 years ago a guy named Kane Sumabat on BB.com introduced me to the ideas of 'flexible dieting'. To prove his point, which almost no one at the time believed, he did a contest prep down below 5% bf. The only foods he at were popeyes fried chicken and krispy creme donuts. (he also supplemented whey power to get enough protein. He did that diet and even did blood work before and after. And yes....he made it down to 5%bf eating only fried chicken and donuts.

Since your sarcasm makes it hard to understand your position, lets be clear..... Flexible dieting is very real. If you dont believe so, you are more than welcome to hold on to your dogmatic nutrition ideas while making fun of things that actually do work.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Been doing IF eating twice a day, usually whatever, dont eat fast food, not my thing but I am Italian and will eat pizza and pasta often. I don't track macros, just a round about calorie count and am doing great weight loss wise.
Chicken breast and broccoli everyday sucks. Pulled pork and roasted brussel sprouts with bacon are the tits....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic