Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

would you tell your source if they, wwyd

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Sent $500 of extra raws. Would it matter? what if it was finished product?
I mean if they ask you to ship it to another customer, that's a big risk so no.
Option of paying for it.
Shipping back to them is a risk so no.
Telling them may or may not line up with your morals/cost of doing busines but, shows integrity and trust for whatever that's worth to you.
I assume most people would tell expecting for them to tell you to keep it or cover half.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
If I ever get more of anything no matter a source or not I do the right thing and tell them. Let them make the choice to say "Keep it, your a good client" or do this or that. T

If you don't tell them and some how they figure it out and ask you later you look like a fool plus they may drop you as a client.

Doing the right thing is never out of style

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'd tell them, but expecting you to do anything with it is unreasonable. You've already assumed quite a bit of risk even by receiving and holding it. I'd probably offer to pay them, though. I've never brewed beyond Carnitine, so would be a good time to learn.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
If I ever get more of anything no matter a source or not I do the right thing and tell them. Let them make the choice to say "Keep it, your a good client" or do this or that. T

If you don't tell them and some how they figure it out and ask you later you look like a fool plus they may drop you as a client.

Doing the right thing is never out of style
I agree. Let's say they ask you to ship it and something happens, you are now trafficking with distribution.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I'd tell them, but expecting you to do anything with it is unreasonable. You've already assumed quite a bit of risk even by receiving and holding it. I'd probably offer to pay them, though. I've never brewed beyond Carnitine, so would be a good time to learn.
I mentioned raw vs finished let's saw test 500 is a kg(1000g) of test, 500 finished is 15 vials say 300mg/ml total 45g. So there may be a point where you can't use it all before oxidation of product.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
From someone I know who is behind the curtain….

As @Kluso mentioned, integrity/honesty will only garner respect, BUT…..

- if a source sends wrong/more product, the source eats it. PERIOD.

- if source asks you to resend, find new source. PERIOD.

and to be quite frank, related to the second part, if the source was from a yellow country, I would always be worried they’d try to shaft me in future orders to get their money back (slightly less weight, less purity, older oxidized stuff, etc)

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
This response was pretty universal. I need to come up with harder scenarios.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I always tell them. I want to confirm that they know they sent it to me and it wasn't meant for someone else and the other person get shorted. I will offer to pay for the additional product if it is reasonable. I will also send it back on their dime if needed. I don't have any issues with that. I have sent plenty of my extras to people around the boards, so the additional risk of shipping gear doesn't bother me.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I’d let the source know.

I’d be very hesitant to remail raws tho. I’m a user not a dealer and wouldn’t want to put myself into potential legal issues with cleaning up somebody else’s f#ck up.

I’ve never been anything but shorted on orders. Always cleared up quickly without issues.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I would leave it up to the source to tell you to keep it.

If they ask for payment, If they ask you to mail it back, If they are you to forward it to someone else. RUN as fast as you can.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
If received extras - I always tell them.
If they ask me to ship to someone else - not happening, EVER.
If asked to send back, possibly but I'd have to think long & hard about it and how good my relationship is/has been with them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic