Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Workout time: Morning or Afternoon?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I can't train in the morning either. I like around 1pm or so after I have a few meals in me. You'll be stronger later in the day compared to the morning. More fuel etc. that's my experience anyway.

totally agree, I suck energy wise first thing in the morning. Tried training at 4:30 am, never made any gains!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I can't train in the morning either. I like around 1pm or so after I have a few meals in me. You'll be stronger later in the day compared to the morning. More fuel etc. that's my experience anyway.

my thoughts exactly Pauly

When do you people work?

I work M-F 8:30-5:00ish with an hour commute each way.

So I either have to train in the morning before work or in the evening when the gym is packed; no thanks.

Just wash down some caffeine and ephedrine with a gatorade and by the time I get to the gym I'm ready to roll...

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
When do you people work?

So I either have to train in the morning before work or in the evening when the gym is packed; no thanks.

Just wash down some caffeine and ephedrine with a gatorade and by the time I get to the gym I'm ready to roll...

With that said I completely understand. Do what you gotta do.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
For me it depends on my goals.

In the morning if I'm bulking. I like to have a days worth of food down the gully before an extended period without (sleep).

At night if I'm cutting. I prefer fasted cardio on a cut and stuffing the face all day just doesn't seem as important.

HDH

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
I try to get morning cardio in, then go back after work and lift around 3-5pm depending on what time i get done at work.

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
I try to get morning cardio in, then go back after work and lift around 3-5pm depending on what time i get done at work.

I prefer this but with the metro commute sometimes morning cardio takes a back seat to after work lifting.

I have done both, more morning training. The big differences that I notice is in the morning it takes me a minute to get going, nothing to look at (women) but i have most every machine to myself, after work (5-6pm) more traffic, every "tough guy" is in the gym trying to outlift you, more things to look at.

I have made most of my gains during the time frame of lifting in the morning, recently switched to evening lifting and cant say that one is better than the other.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Afternoon or early evening for me. I'm not a morning person and do need a few calories in my system prior to training...

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
during lunch I've found works best for me.

3 meals, a handful of carbs 60 mins before and a prewo on the way there and I'm gtg.

Although I'm up at 6a most days, I'm a night owl and hate mornings....tried doing mornings before and just never had the energy without a good meal.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
When do you people work?

I work as a trainer so it allows me to make my own schedule.

M

m314

May 17, 2013
I usually go around noon or 12:30. If my job didn't allow for that, I'd go in the evening. The only time I'll lift in the morning is if it's 1:00 or 2:00 and I'm still awake from the night before. I've never been a morning person.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic