Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Womens Weight lifting Belt

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I have mixed feelings on belt wearing.I do think a persons body will let them know when they need to wear one .

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
She is not lifting much yet, maybe at those #'s in a few months. And she refuses to wear one of those big leather belts lol. maybe i will just find a "pretty" one on amazon.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I have mixed feelings on belt wearing.I do think a persons body will let them know when they need to wear one .
I used to wear one. i have not felt the need to yet this time around.

cheddar cheese

cheddar cheese

TID Lady Member
Aug 29, 2011
If she feels more comfortable with one I do think the leather ones are better.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i was under the impression that the ladies should be using the same type of belt as a dude. i got an Inzer Forever belt and it is awesome but that is just me. i think Inzer has sizes for women but i dont think there is any change other than how small the actual belt is(how tight it goes)

INZER ADVANCE DESIGNS

i imagine you already know about them but thought i would share anyway lol

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I never wear a belt anymore, due to peer pressure from the Oly lifting coach. The work on improving my form - as opposed to relying on the belt to protect my lower back - has been positive. I don't think I would have done it otherwise, and I'm glad I did just to improve my technique on the squat and DL. I had become used to wearing a lot of of protective gear in strongwoman training. When I did the Colorado St Fair Strongman contest, I did wear a belt for the overhead press medley, as it was on an unstable surface.
I have used a 4 inch suede 10 mm belt for 4 years, and it works great for pretty much everything. I have an Inzer Lever belt with the tapered front, and I like it as well. The only thing I don't like about it is having to use a wrench to readjust it. My experience has been with 13 mm belts, double prong, single prong, lever belts, etc. I found that a good single prong 4 inch 10 mm belt will serve her well, and last for years. Hope I can help in some way in your search for a belt for your wife.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Perfect MM, i was unsure on sizes, but you answered it. And no we DO NOT ignore form, this is just the only exercise she is having trouble with and i dont want her getting hurt while we nail down her form.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Perfect MM, i was unsure on sizes, but you answered it. And no we DO NOT ignore form, this is just the only exercise she is having trouble with and i dont want her getting hurt while we nail down her form.
Heavens no, I'm not saying you ignore form, but I know mine had probably suffered for wearing a belt a lot over the past few years. Just pitching in my two cents because I like to hear myself talk :) As 400lb pointed out, there isn't any real difference in picking out a belt for a lady as opposed to a fella. Something sturdy and simple will serve her well.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Heavens no, I'm not saying you ignore form, but I know mine had probably suffered for wearing a belt a lot over the past few years. Just pitching in my two cents because I like to hear myself talk :) As 400lb pointed out, there isn't any real difference in picking out a belt for a lady as opposed to a fella. Something sturdy and simple will serve her well.

HEHE, i keep joking with her that i am gonna get her a hot pink one so she stands out like a sore thumb :D

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i am a little bit paranoid about belts. i have never had luck deadlifting with one but for squats i love one. i only use one for whatever the heaviest set of the day will be. i dont believe they are detrimental to form or strength. but i do believe some people over use them.

i dont see this being a problem with a lifter as experienced as you are though. BTW, since it already came up where is she lacking as far form? obviously the trainer(whether he be right or wrong- not for me to say) decided she needed a belt for a reason. i am kind of curious as to why that would be his first suggestion

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
She is not lifting much yet, maybe at those #'s in a few months. And she refuses to wear one of those big leather belts lol. maybe i will just find a "pretty" one on amazon.

i just got a $20 harbinger belt. i have thought about getting a better one and a pink one for deads as i might need it for the 350# pull :) but honestly, i would get a simple leather one right now and see if she wears it and continues to do so, then if she needs to move up you can invest in a nicer one.

i do think that a belt can make us sloppy on our form. my form didnt improve until i stopped using the belt and dropped the weight and really dedicated myself to proper form.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Goldy sorry bro when she needs one get onr of those inzer ones they are more form fitting . I didnt mean to carry on but you brought the trainer up. Regardless its really important . Does he train her in person? That seriously is a concern for your most important person your wife . Thats what you are payin for and far more important than a belt. Bodybuilder or not they should be teaching form. Im pointing that out cuz you seem cool not to harass you. Sorry if i did not convey that sentiment

Holy crap, i am not here to argue with you on if she needs a belt or if you find it absurd the manner in which this decision was made. i also dont care what you think of her trainer or your opinion of having a trainer not physically there. That is not what i started this thread for.

Can we get back on topic to what i actually asked? Who makes a good belt for a female?

Thanks

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic