Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Wife: Biker husband is victim in NYC altercation

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Ghetto rich...you have an empty house, all you have to sit on is a bean bag, but yet you have a 50 inch flat panel Tv and PS2.

Or you drive a $1,000 car hooked up with some $2,000 rims.

Oddly enough, there is a physician my wife works with that is house poor in a similar manner. He dumped so much money in to his house, he only has a couple pieces of furniture in his place. But hey, he's got an awesome pad, right? lol

Rich or poor, you will always find people making dumb ass financial decisions. Almost everyone lives just one paycheck out of their means. My wife and I already made a promise that we woulnd't drive "loud" cars and live in a huge house. We want to actually invest our money, and have money to ensure our children are taken care of etc.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Thanks for the lesson in life and finance in the so called ghetto neighborhood. You seem to know a lot about all that goes on in the so called ghetto. I have no idea what you are talking about in this post....but thanks nevertheless.

If I ever need to better understand the ghetto, I will ask you.
I don't know how you don't understand what you claimed to be. Poor with a 60k car on credit that you couldn't afford.

If you're not wealthy and have a car that starts at half the value of a modest house you might be ghetto rich.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Ghetto rich...you have an empty house, all you have to sit on is a bean bag, but yet you have a 50 inch flat panel Tv and PS2.

Or you drive a $1,000 car hooked up with some $2,000 rims.

Oddly enough, there is a physician my wife works with that is house poor in a similar manner. He dumped so much money in to his house, he only has a couple pieces of furniture in his place. But hey, he's got an awesome pad, right? lol

Rich or poor, you will always find people making dumb ass financial decisions. Almost everyone lives just one paycheck out of their means. My wife and I already made a promise that we woulnd't drive "loud" cars and live in a huge house. We want to actually invest our money, and have money to ensure our children are taken care of etc.

We do a financial fast. Only spend when it is absolutely necessary.

But your comment about the house with little to no furniture and a Big screen TV and PS2....

shiat most of the single guys I know are setup like this. I would add a microwave to your list. and don't be surprise if I take you over to my dude's house and see a pool table in his living room.

I went 2 years without curtains. they were doing construction down the street.....and I snatched a Big wooden spool and took it back to my house and used it as a table. I did splurge on a Moluccan Cockatoo.

I'm a simple thrifty dude, despite what others may think in this post....and just don't need much nor do I feel the need to compete or impress the next man .

so yea, my ghetto ass lived in a really cool place, doorman and with no darn furniture...

Like they say....you can take the kid out the ghetto.......but can't take the ghetto out the kid.

Last edited:
69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
We do a financial fast. Only spend when it is absolutely necessary.

But your comment about the house with little to no furniture and a Big screen TV and PS2....

shiat most of the single guys I know are setup like this. I would add a microwave to your list. and don't be surprise if I take you over to my dude's house and see a pool table in his living room.

I went 2 years without curtains. they were doing construction down the street.....and I snatched a Big wooden spool and took it back to my house and used it as a table. I did splurge on a Moluccan Cockatoo.

I'm a simple thrifty dude, despite what others may think in this post....and just don't need much.

so yea, my ghetto ass lived in a really cool place, doorman and with no darn furniture...

Like they say....you can take the kid out the ghetto.......but can't take the ghetto out the kid.
Yes the origin of ghetto rich is something black women made up to describe someone like you were. Sort of like the black culture version of land rich.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Ghetto rich... Never been familiar with this term but I like it haha

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010

I'm rocking this set up, but I upgraded to a 60" and a PS3.

Does this make me ghetto wealthy?

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Based on what I am reading here....you may be.

I would be willing to bet that those who choose to live like this are less inclined to go broke later in live....just my opinion.

But your question maybe better answered by an African American woman....based on what I am reading here. they are the ones that coined the phrase, based on what I am reading here.

Does anyone know if there Is a difference between living in a ghetto and living in a trailer park ?

Last edited:
C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Based on what I am reading here....you may be.

I would be willing to bet that those who choose to live like this are less inclined to go broke later in live....just my opinion.

But your question maybe better answered by an African American woman....based on what I am reading here. they are the ones that coined the phrase, based on what I am reading here.

Does anyone know if there Is a difference between living in a ghetto and living in a trailer park ?

A trailer park has less crime.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
you stole it right off my finger tips Cheops...

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I remember many years ago when I worked for a local office of a very large finance company and had to go out and collect on occasion. I recall once going into a trailer park where a guy lived who just happened to be a car salesman - they are notorious as a group for living to impress others and living beyond their means from paycheck to paycheck. He's got a brand new loaded Mustang in the driveway where he and his girlfriend live in a singlewide that I believe they were renting.

I go in, and he's in the house with about 5-6 small children (his, hers, and theirs) walking around in diapers, etc. He has almost no furnishings in the living area, but there is a HUGE tv along one of the walls that must have been at least 5-6 feet long and nearly as high. My guess is that they probably "rent to owned" it from Conn's, RAC, or someplace similar.

The guy never did pay up. :D

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
I remember many years ago when I worked for a local office of a very large finance company and had to go out and collect on occasion. I recall once going into a trailer park where a guy lived who just happened to be a car salesman - they are notorious as a group for living to impress others and living beyond their means from paycheck to paycheck. He's got a brand new loaded Mustang in the driveway where he and his girlfriend live in a singlewide that I believe they were renting.

I go in, and he's in the house with about 5-6 small children (his, hers, and theirs) walking around in diapers, etc. He has almost no furnishings in the living area, but there is a HUGE tv along one of the walls that must have been at least 5-6 feet long and nearly as high. My guess is that they probably "rent to owned" it from Conn's, RAC, or someplace similar.

The guy never did pay up. :D

so maybe this is called Trailer Park Wealthy...or Trailer Park Rich ?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic