Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Why are the boards suffering?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
GS, honestly, I think you spend too much time on the boards. I used to spend a disproportionate amount of time on these boards and I took everything too seriously, looked at every naysayer as a threat to my fabricated mini-world of meatheads and the maladjusted (mindlessworks, where is he?), and literally spent more time typing responses than working out each day.

For about two years, and initially driven by some rough times, I stayed mostly off the boards, in fact, only staying here with any frequency whatsoever. And you know what? Idiotic posts don't bother me anymore. Internet warriors don't get me heated. Little dumb shit doesn't consume my time.

I've never liked your online persona, you know that, although I think we figured out a few years back that we'd likely be friends in real life. But I say that because now I come back and read this post and instead of saying "same old GS", I said "damn, you could help this guy".

Maybe not. But I think we can all agree that these boards aren't here to stress you out and raise your BP, so if they're doing that to you, maybe a change is in order.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
GS, honestly, I think you spend too much time on the boards. I used to spend a disproportionate amount of time on these boards and I took everything too seriously, looked at every naysayer as a threat to my fabricated mini-world of meatheads and the maladjusted (mindlessworks, where is he?), and literally spent more time typing responses than working out each day.

For about two years, and initially driven by some rough times, I stayed mostly off the boards, in fact, only staying here with any frequency whatsoever. And you know what? Idiotic posts don't bother me anymore. Internet warriors don't get me heated. Little dumb shit doesn't consume my time.

I've never liked your online persona, you know that, although I think we figured out a few years back that we'd likely be friends in real life. But I say that because now I come back and read this post and instead of saying "same old GS", I said "damn, you could help this guy".

Maybe not. But I think we can all agree that these boards aren't here to stress you out and raise your BP, so if they're doing that to you, maybe a change is in order.

Holy Shit. ^^^ THIS ^^^ should be a sticky on most boards.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
One day I hope to get busy in a burger king bathroom with RR.....:p

you are gonna have to get classier,maybe a wendys or something

RR, you innocent young thing you. In a Burger King, FD's opening line is always "would you like to see my Whopper?" Not much he could do at Wendys, and the secret sauce line never worked for him at McDonalds either.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
RR, you innocent young thing you. In a Burger King, FD's opening line is always "would you like to see my Whopper?" Not much he could do at Wendys, and the secret sauce line never worked for him at McDonalds either.

"Do what tastes right," and ,"It's better here," are both old Wendy's slogans. There's hope for him still.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
"Do what tastes right," and ,"It's better here," are both old Wendy's slogans. There's hope for him still.

and . . . . FD always liked Wendys for his own purposes cause of the little red headed girl with the freckles.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
werent you on AB? that avatar looks really familiar.
Yep, still is. AB was one of the 1st boards that I joined. I've been there since 2001. Then they closed for a short time, then reopened. I registered under this name and have been TC1 since 2001 on every board.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Yeah, I remember you quite well I started on the boards right around the same time as you did. I think it was the end of 2002 when I joined my first board. I think I remember you the most from Beyond Mass, right? The boards I visited were Mass Monsterz (That place just got stupid at one point. Mods and admin started getting cranky), Beyond Mass, Anabolex, Mass Muscle Inc, BBing.com, and a couple other boards that were completely off the grid.

Honestly, it was exhausting trying to keep my status up on so many boards, so I pretty much decreased my activity on a lot of boards and settled in to those above.

My only concern with FB is security. Even private pages are scanned for illegal and innapprioate activity. You know what's REALLY messed up? I once reported someone for posting a conspiracy to kill police officers, and they told me that, since it was a private page, they could pretty much say any do whatever they wanted. That being said, if you post a picture of a breast, penis, vagina, or say any number of things that go against a liberal agenda, you will be an infraction and/or the post i deleted.

How is that for a blast from the past. I remember you, as well, bro. Beyond Mass, the VIPboard, AB, Anabolic Paradise, ASN, Anabolic Freakz, just to name a few were the popular boards and I frequented them alot. Up until ORD in 2005, the popular boards, members, and sources just disappeared. It still sickens me to think of my regular online buddies on those boards that simply faded away. Then, of course, there are those who are no longer with us. Hmmm....those were the days.

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
What is this " Internet " thing you guys speak of ???
I still use dial-up , and my phone still has that long cord that wraps around itself 12,009 times , and it's the wall phone in the kitchen, so I have to stretch it ALL the way to my bedroom , so I can lay down and talk !!!
I still have a pager , Doesn't everyone ???
My VCR still has the time flashing when I wake up and look at it in the morning .
I have to get up and turn the dial on my TV to change the channel !!!

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012

solid post.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Agreed, JDUB. I am beginning to drop off for a day or two here and other places. That is NOT specific to GS or SAD or anyone else and the debate buddies they wind up with in various threads, and of course not specific to TID for damn sure. I have stated, or at least hinted, that I think "discussions" about politics especially, with some religion mixed in, inevitably go past discussion. Maybe even more counter-productive than productive, just imo and I've got too many of those to count.

Just a little Board Burnout on my part, pretty sure it's temporary, hope so. I VALUE what we have here, a gathering of like-minded on the original purpose, which I always saw as the PED counter culture, trying hard to survive against all odds.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I do tend to take extended breaks from the boards from time to time. But when I come back after a few months I'm always shocked by what I see. I think I'm even more shocked that most people don't see it. Has anyone noticed that the boards that are almost 100% source dependant on their income don't give a shit if members are being attacked and old timers run off? While other boards that don't depend completely on their "sponsors" Have mods and admins that actually do a decent job. OLM was probably the best example of this I've personally experienced. Don't get me wrong, I think there are some decent people who are mods on these boards but aren't allowed to do their jobs.

I understand what you are saying SAD. Thats one reason why even though I'm a member of a shit ton of boards I'm only somewhat regular on 2-3. Also there are a few names that tend to pop up when a board is about to go straight to hell. One of those died a while back and the other two or three are banned from here I think.

But that being said there are times these days I have started to post after reading something extremely stupid and just walked away. I find that the older I get the less tolerance I have for the bullshit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic