Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Why are the boards suffering?

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
Agreed, JDUB. I am beginning to drop off for a day or two here and other places. That is NOT specific to GS or SAD or anyone else and the debate buddies they wind up with in various threads, and of course not specific to TID for damn sure. I have stated, or at least hinted, that I think "discussions" about politics especially, with some religion mixed in, inevitably go past discussion. Maybe even more counter-productive than productive, just imo and I've got too many of those to count.

Just a little Board Burnout on my part, pretty sure it's temporary, hope so. I VALUE what we have here, a gathering of like-minded on the original purpose, which I always saw as the PED counter culture, trying hard to survive against all odds.

There are a lot of boards out there that are dying, I really don't think its due to people making stupid posts and the nagging person like gunslinger is talking about. But what he is saying in his post may be the situation and rightly so. Each situation is different. I think overall its due to the culture changing with the younger crowds. I see some of the younger guys trying to fix it with sups real quick, but don't realize you still have to train hard regardless. Things are not the same as they were 10 15 years ago on these boards. I'm old school (46) really and I really think we all get a lil burned out sometimes....but I always keep coming back. Its boils down to 2 things to me, you either love to train and love how it makes you feel in the gym, or you don't. And for those of us that do, we will always come back to these great boards, because we like the environments they create.

Dub

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I know the thread GS is talking about. I'll tell the guys to tone down with insults.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The 2 boards I'm active on, somewhat similar and somewhat different . . . . more Mods are needed, or else more Mod presence, but most here know what Mods are paid per hour, and what else their lives entail. Can't fault the Admins either, our whole board community is a bit fragile.

When a board gets too "solvent," we wonder why, as well we should. Grateful for what we've got now, hoping it can continue in some way . . . . .

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I know the thread GS is talking about. I'll tell the guys to tone down with insults.

?? pretty sure you already did, or they self-regulated, or YOU did a number behind the scenes? Or . . . . I'm a day late and a dollar short, but a Mod who cannot literally stay awake 24/7 cannot do it all. Respect Myo, except for that bicycle seat sniffing part.

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
^^^^^^^^^lmao.....myo is golden, great bud.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^^lmao.....myo is golden, great bud.

usually he's more white than golden, at least on my bicycle seat . . . . srs, if you live near him and go to any parks, he will find you, kinda a primitive GPS thing.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
usually he's more white than golden, at least on my bicycle seat . . . . srs, if you live near him and go to any parks, he will find you, kinda a primitive GPS thing.

shut your pie hole before I unleash wisdom of Solomon on you too. remember, I know where you live!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
shut your pie hole before I unleash wisdom of Solomon on you too. remember, I know where you live!

I can handle whatever wisdom YOU are able to summon. It was the lightening of your terrible swift sword that hurt, and it also killed any hope of reselling my bicycle.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic