Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Who trains arms on their own day?

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I break up my workouts based on time spent in the gym ( I am not trying to grow) just trying to stay consistent in the amount of time I am working out each day,therefore consistent in diet, so Bi's and tri's are with calves and I tri-set the three, I love it and works well for my goals

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I personally find training arms pointless, other compound lifts do exercise them enough for growth.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
I give arms their own day because my arms are freakishly long and it takes alot more to fill them out. I also give quads/hams their own day and train calves separate to keep them from falling behind.

flex

flex

Jul 5, 2011
I startedg usin Mentzer's HIT method this summer. Arms are done once a month, and only one set to failure with slow, perfect form. I used to do them more frequently but it seemd like I didnt need to do much to get them big and well developed.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I give arms their own day because my arms are freakishly long and it takes alot more to fill them out. I also give quads/hams their own day and train calves separate to keep them from falling behind.

Same here.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Arms I generally train along with chest as I do upper body groups on one day

M

mrhate

Jul 8, 2011
I train arms their own day but I think it's purely an ego builder. I work a lot and if I have to miss a workout it's arms I sacrifice because they are worked with compound exercises. Listen to your body. If you need more rest, get it. If you've been doing anything the same way for a year you might want to try something different. One day I trained with my wife doing just "Girly" exercises. Because it was something new I was sore as hell the next couple days. The little woman was thrilled by that.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
When I got back in the gym last august I had 14.75inch arms unpumped. I had an arm day and in 3 months they were 16.75 unpumped(some may have been from muscle memory). Then all I read said combine them with chest and back. So i was doing Mon-chest tris, tues-back n bis, thurs-legs top/side delts and fri-light chest calves. But I havent gained anything since on arms. This week I actually added arms back in...It ll be chest abs/tues-arms, thurs leg delts, fri back followed by light chest. Its just a trial.

Sadie

Sadie

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2010
monday-chest/tris
tues- back/bis
wed- compound legs
thurs- shoulders
fri- ARMS
sat- isolations on my legs and lagging areas which is almost anything after 5 months out of the gym lol

i started this because i had no triceps.. in 1 cycle (12 weeks) i had to lay off triceps cause they were over powering my biceps. i think over training is a myth however i do believe in under eating and under sleeping..

SurfSanClem

SurfSanClem

Nov 9, 2010
I train arms their own day but I think it's purely an ego builder. I work a lot and if I have to miss a workout it's arms I sacrifice because they are worked with compound exercises. Listen to your body. If you need more rest, get it. If you've been doing anything the same way for a year you might want to try something different. One day I trained with my wife doing just "Girly" exercises. Because it was something new I was sore as hell the next couple days. The little woman was thrilled by that.

I would never have admitted that to her :)

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
For me an arm only day is a waste of time. I hit biceps with chest on Monday and triceps with back on Friday. This keeps from from being pre-exhausted and allows me to hammer them good with about 8 sets each.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
When I got back in the gym last august I had 14.75inch arms unpumped. I had an arm day and in 3 months they were 16.75 unpumped(some may have been from muscle memory). Then all I read said combine them with chest and back. So i was doing Mon-chest tris, tues-back n bis, thurs-legs top/side delts and fri-light chest calves. But I havent gained anything since on arms. This week I actually added arms back in...It ll be chest abs/tues-arms, thurs leg delts, fri back followed by light chest. Its just a trial.

Good luck with the changeup but in all honesty it is probably mm/noob gains. I gained 2 1/2" on my arms in the first 4-5 months. The next 2 1/2" have taken me almost 3 years and no missed workouts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic