Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Who trains arms on their own day?

AlExAkE

AlExAkE

Oct 19, 2010
I have been trainning arms on their own day for a little under a year. Im now starting to feel that my tri's are not getting enough rest with the work they get on chest and shoulder day so im thinking of putting tris with chest and bi's with back. Im intrested to know when you guys train arms?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't really do much for tri's because of the work on chest and shoulder day... Bi's I hit after I do back for around 6 to 10 sets. Delete your arm day, and either take an additional rest day or jump right back in to workout 1 and see if your tri's (and other parts for that matter) respond. I've had good luck with this routine, you may as well :)

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
i do bis and tris on tuesday after chest on monday. legs on wed.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
a lot of people train them this way because they are a small muscle group and they do get worked with most other body parts. if one has the time i think it is a very effective way to work them. i have a gurly arm day but im not trying to grow my arms any bigger, just want to get them leaned out.

i do think that many people overtrain bis and tris. because they do get a lot of work with other body parts they dont need 10 different exercises to work them. i have definately become a fan of the less is more when it comes to bis and tris. 2-3 exercises of 3-4 working sets with 12-20 rep range.

but as in many things, there is more than one way to skin the cat and what works well for one might not work at all for the next. :D

i think you should try it for a 6-8 week cycle and see how it benefits you. take pics and measurements so you dont go by feel but have actual proof.

the other benefit is it gives your tendons and ligaments more days to rest and recover.

have a wonderful day!

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
It depends. If you are doing more of the powerlifting thing I wouldn't give biceps and triceps their own day for bodybuilding you can get away with it however.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Depends how my training for the week was. I sometimes do them on Friday's by themselves when I know I will be taking the weekend off.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
I always do a few sets like 3-4 for tris at the end of chest day(mon). Just to burn them out. I do back and bis on tues. And I do bis and tris on sat. This seems to work good for me. Your just gonna have to find what works for ya.

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I've gave them their own day in the past. Nowadays I do the trusty old tris with chest and bis with back.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I do what goldy does- train arms the day after chest. I like giving them their own day. I pump them up real nicelike.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I actually train tri's b4 back and bi's b4 chest and put legs in the middle :)

Hawk

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Done it both ways over the years just to keep em guessing, but I prefer my own day for em.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Used to now i wanna focus on laggin parts so i will tone down the workouts on the arms

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic