Who is worse, Sanders or Clinton?

Which of these people would make you want to move out of America MORE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Taxing legitate Mexican business to stop illegal immigration is like throwing gasoline on a fire to put out the flame. Not only is the idea very poorly thought out; but it will have exactly the opposite effect of what was intended.

Mexicans risk everything, including their lives, to come to the US illegally because their country is a shithole. Few jobs, bad economy, and much of the country controlled by illegal drug cartels. The cartels smuggle in high profit drugs (tax and tariff free, lol) through among other things, a vast system of underground tunnels which span for miles and miles, traveling under houses and buildings and fences and anything else resting on the surface. They recently tunneled into a Mexican prison to help a drug kingpin to escape.

And his discovery in this regard is much more frightening to me than some Mexicans crossing the Rio Grand to get jobs as maids or landscapers.

There once was a Country that got tired of it's rulers treating them like crap. They didn't run away, they literally and figuratively risked everything and fought for their Freedom and their Families futures. Matter of fact they did it a few times...
1 guess who the Country is ,, hint it aint Ole Mejico.

:Many of the ''legit mexican companies'' are actually American companies that have been chased off Our own shores. And to your ''landscapers\maids'' comment . Not only is that racist and demeaning DOOOH!!! (liberals are crying reading this ) but it's as wrong as wrong can be! I can tell you with 100% certainty they have displaced MILLIONS of Carpenters, Masons, Electricians, Plumbers, Concrete\Stucco, Painters, Auto body and mechanics...shall I go on?
This immigration mess is about 'Fundamentally Changing America'' and sorry Bigge but old white guys and American 1st people are not in that plan.

B

Barb1865

Feb 28, 2016
I'm voting for Sanders in the Primary. I hope that answers your question?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
There once was a Country that got tired of it's rulers treating them like crap. They didn't run away, they literally and figuratively risked everything and fought for their Freedom and their Families futures. Matter of fact they did it a few times...

:Many of the ''legit mexican companies'' are actually American companies that have been chased off Our own shores. And to your ''landscapers\maids'' comment . Not only is that racist and demeaning DOOOH!!! (liberals are crying reading this ) but it's as wrong as wrong can be! I can tell you with 100% certainty they have displaced MILLIONS of Carpenters, Masons, Electricians, Plumbers, Concrete\Stucco, Painters, Auto body and mechanics...shall I go on?
This immigration mess is about 'Fundamentally Changing America'' and sorry Bigge but old white guys and American 1st people are not in that plan.

Was that country you speak of once the envy of the world, with a statue inviting in "the huddled masses yearning to be free?"

Tear down that statue. Then build your god damn wall

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
And of course the Anti-American Brit pops up..with distorted ''comments''' again.. There IS a fence between Guatemala and Mexico numnuttz. Whether it's that one or not who cares. FACT - THERE IS A FENCE BETWEEN THEM AND WE AMERICANS PAID FOR IT . I found the most liberal source I could for you so you can digest it...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2010/09/22/a-fence-for-the-southern-border-of-mexico/

Please stick to tea and crumpets, your business sense is frightening.
1st off your boii obama is actually on a higher Anti American level than even you and your EU,
Taxing our exports is moronic.
1st off mexico, china, japan and damn near all of our ''friends'' manipulate their currencies and or tax the shit out of our goods. So what do you think will happen if we tax theirs? It will set off a trade war??!!! We have been in one for decades and so far NO ONE has stuck up for our interests. Why do you think a large share of our ''imports'' are from AMERICAN Companies? We force them off shore and then they turn around and sell us their goods.
I wonder what would happen if we made their goods just as expensive as something made here?

The status quo is not working anymore and we are bankrupt have no manufacturing base . Shit, China was manufacturing Military uniforms for awhile til it was made public. So yes, it's about time the worlds largest trading partner did something drastic for it's people, us 'Mericans!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/sen-sherrod-brown-asks-us-military-members-issued/story?id=17503054

Post up a picture of the fence between Mexico and Guatamala.

When we start a tariff on good from Mexico then they will do the same, so we are essentially taxing our exports.

now back to the question of the numbers.
Do you know the numbers of trade between the countries?
Do you really think Mexico is the only one that will be hurt?

Even Ronald Reagan opposed import tariffs.
None of the Presidents since Reagan has supported import tariffs.
Clinton pushed NAFTA with strong support from the republicans.
I know facts arent your strong side so look it up.

Your statements above about American companies being forced to do business here is in strong contrast to what the republicans has said in several decades.

Why dont you share your strong business education with us.
You speak like a liberal union guy so it will be an interesting read I am sure.

The only thing you are good at is the name calling.
Funny a guy like you talks to me about business sense.
I have been self employed since 1998.
How long have you ran your own business?

With all this business education and knowledge you managed to post a picture of the US border and Mexico, but claimed its somewhere else.
Fantastic... Like I said, facts arent exactly your strong suite.

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013

You know what actually displaced those plumbers, electricians, autoworkers, painters etc....the Republican war on Labor and Labor Unions. Who brought that cheap labor here? All that good ole fashion Conseravtive Union bustin'

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Is Walter Mondale still alive?
I hope so I loved that guy..He had the coolest hairdoo for a old guy.. I wish I had hair like that

Was that country you speak of once the envy of the world, with a statue inviting in "the huddled masses yearning to be free?"

Tear down that statue. Then build your god damn wall

Yes!! Right next to Ellis Island where My Grandparents came through and were screened and quarantined, AFTER they had applied for entrance and Citizenship . Many of their fellow travelers were denied for medical, past history issues and sent back. They came from a ONCE Great Empire that fell from within.....very similiar conditions that the Land they came to is experiencing now. It really is uncanny.

EVERY sane civilization protects it's borders. You can not be a country without borders, language and culture.

Wall-of-Hadrian.jpg

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Post up a picture of the fence between Mexico and Guatamala.

When we start a tariff on good from Mexico then they will do the same, so we are essentially taxing our exports.

now back to the question of the numbers.
Do you know the numbers of trade between the countries?
Do you really think Mexico is the only one that will be hurt?

Even Ronald Reagan opposed import tariffs.
None of the Presidents since Reagan has supported import tariffs.
Clinton pushed NAFTA with strong support from the republicans.
I know facts arent your strong side so look it up.

Your statements above about American companies being forced to do business here is in strong contrast to what the republicans has said in several decades.

Why dont you share your strong business education with us.
You speak like a liberal union guy so it will be an interesting read I am sure.

The only thing you are good at is the name calling.
Funny a guy like you talks to me about business sense.
I have been self employed since 1998.
How long have you ran your own business?

With all this business education and knowledge you managed to post a picture of the US border and Mexico, but claimed its somewhere else.
Fantastic... Like I said, facts arent exactly your strong suite.

Where did I say ''force'' American companies to do anything? You been taking your meds MK? I said they're forced OUT of America,

I gave you the link to the wall, I know reading and comprehension isn't your strong suit, try sounding it out..hooked on phonics??!! You got me on the pic!! That sttles it in your mind...there is no wall...there is no wall...there is no wall...

Been in business since Ronald Maximus Reagan was inaugurated and have been on both sides of the bargaining agreement table.

So your answer is the status quo. Great more of the same!! Ross Perot was right about the sucking sound to the southern border.

You know what actually displaced those plumbers, electricians, autoworkers, painters etc....the Republican war on Labor and Labor Unions. Who brought that cheap labor here? All that good ole fashion Conseravtive Union bustin' 

Therein lies the problem, people want to blame Republicans and this war on the middle class. Look up mean wages during Republican Admins and Democrat Admins. It's pretty striking the difference.

Lol, I don't know how you can blame Republicans for this mess, look at the California union\wage mess.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You can't effectively run a social welfare state and have open borders at the same time. Europe and Scandinavia are learning that now, as are we

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
You can't effectively run a social welfare state and have open borders at the same time. Europe and Scandinavia are learning that now, as are we
The Democrats seem to think otherwise.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Yes, that's true. For "some" criminals, but not for other criminals. However, our Constitution provides for a right to bear arms in our Bill of Rights. Nothing in the Bill of Rights give non-citizens a right to stroll into our country. So there is a SLIGHT difference, but I do get your point.

The right to bear arms is not about protection against criminals as much as it's protection against our government. The founding fathers were most concerned with a government that felt empowered to push around its citizens. If everyone has a gun in their house, are we safer from criminals? Maybe, maybe not. Does that serve as a deterrent to cops knocking down doors in the middle of the night and dragging people away because they are irritants to the local mayor, or governor or president? YES!!

The number of guns in our society has gone up dramatically over the past 25 years, but the number of gun crimes has actually gone down during the same time frame. So there isn't a good correlation to availability of guns and incidence of gun crimes. But I'm sure there are times where if some kid didn't have a gun, there would not have been a shoot out. Then again, once guns are outlawed, we may see a steep rise in other violent crimes as those motivated to be bad guys simply select another weapon that is effective and available. Why not a cross bow? Or an aluminum bat, or a samarui sword. Do we outlaw those next? What about kitchen knives or frying pans?

With freedom comes risk. We cannot deny that, but I'm not afraid of freedom. I'm afraid of gov't tyranny.

And you do not see the same thing happening in the context of immigration? The harder you make it to come over the more risk it carried and this will drive the price up for the cartels bringing illegals over. More money for them isn't what we're trying to accomplish. You need to address the actual problems instead of putting bandaids on a severed arm. Getting rid of the cartels, helping improve the Mexican economy (which would also help strengthen ours), etc will do more to slow the flow of illegal immigration than any wall that idiot Trump can dream up of.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
bigun, I don't advocate a trade war with Mexico. I advocate us enforcing our present immigration laws. We need to control our border. While Mexicans risked a lot to cross the border 25 years ago, they don't risk much right now. 25 years ago, they had no access to public social services, and crossing the border was difficult, and therefore dangerous. Now you simply walk across the border, and surrender to the first border guard you see (you actually look for them, as opposed to running away from them). They then take you to a facility where you get food, water, a shower, etc. they schedule a hearing with an immigration judge, and you simply don't bother showing up. No one comes looking for you, and you just blend into the population, where companies are not penalized for hiring you, and you ahve an entire array of social services that allow you to live with a middle class standard of living according to mexico standards. In my view, those mexicans are simply rationaliy responding to the incentives before them. Very little downside and quiet a bit of upside in strolling across the border.

The GOP get cheap labor, hurting non-college educated US citizens, and the Dems get hopefully future voters so that 25 years from now that have a demographic choke hold on political power in perpetuity. Is either party really looking out for Joe six pack? Doesn't look like it to me. But who cares, Joe six pack is just a racist, right?

There you go again Tommy, assuming that because I question the wisdom of an inept solution to a problem that it means I am in favor of the problem. This is the second time in two weeks that you have done it.

I am not in favor of illegal immigration. And if you truthfully believe all the loopholes in the immigration laws are not part of "immigration law" or that the laws creating the loopholes were all passed by democrats you are mistaken about that too. So when you say we need we need to enforce our "immigration laws" I really don't know what you are talking about.

Not how any of this relates to racism, so not really sure why you think I accused you of that. Which makes me think, perhaps, that you may be protesting too much

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic