Who is worse, Sanders or Clinton?

Which of these people would make you want to move out of America MORE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
For those people who oppose enforcing our present immigration laws, I understand that some people think we're better off economically with all the mexican labor here. That's fine. I disagree with it, but it has some level or rationale basis. But don't argue that we simply can't build a wall. That simply not true. We sent men to the moon within 10 years at a time that no one had calculators or computers on their desk, but instead used slide rules. Don't tell me that we don't have the capability of building a long chain link fence 45 years later. That is simply ludicrous.

We presently don't have the political will to build a wall. But we can absolutely build one. Will it stop illegal immigration? No. Will it reduce illegal immigration? yes. Those who want the illegals here are counting on the system simply being overwhelmed. if the illegal migration is reduced to a more reasonable level, the system is not overwhelmed and those here illegally who are able to get through are easier to find and remove. Those opposed to enforcing our present laws are trying to make everyone feel that enforcing our present laws is simply impossible.

Build that wall, get a handle on the new ones coming in, and you'll see things change. The majority of Americans (Dems and Repubs) are against illegal immigration.

Do you also believe that stricter gun laws will make it harder for some criminals to get weapons making the system less overwhelmed and thus easier to root out more bad guys with guns?

lets build a long chain link fence along the border so the smugglers can bring bolt cutters with them to get by the fence. We have now slowed them down all of 16 seconds and some change.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Do you also believe that stricter gun laws will make it harder for some criminals to get weapons making the system less overwhelmed and thus easier to root out more bad guys with guns?

lets build a long chain link fence along the border so the smugglers can bring bolt cutters with them to get by the fence. We have now slowed them down all of 16 seconds and some change.

Typical liberal thinking AND misconception and spreading of lies ...^^^^^

Mexicos-Wall-copy.jpg

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
How about this, to be more accurate:

"If you are 40 and not a conservative, you are probably a woman, or a man who is hispanic or black or otherwise not white, or not Christian, or not heterosexual, or contain more than one of these situations, which although are 100% out of your control, make you an enemy to the American republican party"

i love how you're SO racist that you only argue with an imaginary black person that you've created, rather than the person you're actually talking to.

i'm successful. i went to one of the best universities in this country. so stfu until you know what you're talking about.

Read yourself...

C

Chris Stidd

Oct 20, 2015
Hillary is a joke. She will think she owns this country if she wins, and she will want everybody to bow to her.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Typical liberal thinking AND misconception and spreading of lies ...^^^^^

Mexicos-Wall-copy.jpg

It seems that Americans For Common Sense does not have much common sense.

That image is NOT from the Mexico- Guatemala border but the between the border of US and Mexico.
There are no wall between Mex/Guat.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
You guys need to understand business to see what Trump means when he says
''Mexico will pay for the wall''. VERY SIMPLE... Start taxing all $$ transfers to Mexico, start taxing all mexican goods into America. In a few months you hav ethe $$$ to pay for the wall...all funded by mejico. I would bet they would ask to build it as it would be cheaper for them rather than face these punitive measures?

So you are for tariffs?
How do you feel about Obama taxing oil exports.
That must be fine in your book too.

What do you think will happen when we institute tariffs on trade from Mexico?
You dont think they will do the same?
Do you know the trade numbers between the 2 countries?
Who will be mostly hurt if this tariff war starts?

B

bobguerra

Feb 27, 2016
12346431_756709074435864_5743059687176881406_n.jpg Bill Clinton Liberated the internet from just being for military use only to the www I dont know if that was a good thing or bad thing so to think that Hillary lied should be an embarrassment along side allowing her husband recieve blowjobs from his secretary why would we want to continue to have dirty hippies that have become nothing more then polished turds in office I could care less about this race... they are all psychopaths! mankind will never catch up to technology.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

Yes, that's true. For "some" criminals, but not for other criminals. However, our Constitution provides for a right to bear arms in our Bill of Rights. Nothing in the Bill of Rights give non-citizens a right to stroll into our country. So there is a SLIGHT difference, but I do get your point.

The right to bear arms is not about protection against criminals as much as it's protection against our government. The founding fathers were most concerned with a government that felt empowered to push around its citizens. If everyone has a gun in their house, are we safer from criminals? Maybe, maybe not. Does that serve as a deterrent to cops knocking down doors in the middle of the night and dragging people away because they are irritants to the local mayor, or governor or president? YES!!

The number of guns in our society has gone up dramatically over the past 25 years, but the number of gun crimes has actually gone down during the same time frame. So there isn't a good correlation to availability of guns and incidence of gun crimes. But I'm sure there are times where if some kid didn't have a gun, there would not have been a shoot out. Then again, once guns are outlawed, we may see a steep rise in other violent crimes as those motivated to be bad guys simply select another weapon that is effective and available. Why not a cross bow? Or an aluminum bat, or a samarui sword. Do we outlaw those next? What about kitchen knives or frying pans?

With freedom comes risk. We cannot deny that, but I'm not afraid of freedom. I'm afraid of gov't tyranny.

B

bobguerra

Feb 27, 2016
codeath.jpg there are no walls between italy and france but they dont like eachother much but at least there isnt a cartel well sorta I guess ISIS is trying to take over

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
For those people who oppose enforcing our present immigration laws, I understand that some people think we're better off economically with all the mexican labor here. That's fine. I disagree with it, but it has some level or rationale basis. But don't argue that we simply can't build a wall. That simply not true. We sent men to the moon within 10 years at a time that no one had calculators or computers on their desk, but instead used slide rules. Don't tell me that we don't have the capability of building a long chain link fence 45 years later. That is simply ludicrous.

We presently don't have the political will to build a wall. But we can absolutely build one. Will it stop illegal immigration? No. Will it reduce illegal immigration? yes. Those who want the illegals here are counting on the system simply being overwhelmed. if the illegal migration is reduced to a more reasonable level, the system is not overwhelmed and those here illegally who are able to get through are easier to find and remove. Those opposed to enforcing our present laws are trying to make everyone feel that enforcing our present laws is simply impossible.

Build that wall, get a handle on the new ones coming in, and you'll see things change. The majority of Americans (Dems and Repubs) are against illegal immigration.

Taxing legitate Mexican business to stop illegal immigration is like throwing gasoline on a fire to put out the flame. Not only is the idea very poorly thought out; but it will have exactly the opposite effect of what was intended.

Mexicans risk everything, including their lives, to come to the US illegally because their country is a shithole. Few jobs, bad economy, and much of the country controlled by illegal drug cartels. The cartels smuggle in high profit drugs (tax and tariff free, lol) through among other things, a vast system of underground tunnels which span for miles and miles, traveling under houses and buildings and fences and anything else resting on the surface. They recently tunneled into a Mexican prison to help a drug kingpin to escape.

The people live in poverty and fear. The cartels have often proven more powerful than the Mexican government and its corrupt officers and officials. Legitimate businesses are sorely needed to help stabilize the economy and create jobs for the people. If we really care about curbing immigration we should be doing everything we can to help the Mexican economy.

Raising taxes and tariffs on legitimate businesses in Mexico will quite obviously give them a competitive disadvantage in the world wide market. It will costs jobs, curb demand, and be bad for the economic growth of those businesses and the Mexican economy. Raising taxes, however, will have no effect on the under ground economy of Mexico, its drug cartels and their illegal drug exports. It will create more incentive, not less, for illegal immigration. And a fence won't stop the people any more than it stops the illegal drugs.

What bothers me about Trump is not that he doesnt understand these basic economic principles. Hell, the taxation thing being bad for business has been the mantra of the Republican Party for many years. No what bothers me is not that he is ignorant of these principles but that he has discovered a new principle applicable to American politics. He has discovered that playing to the passions and prejudices of the American public with sound bite solutions to complex problems is an easier sell to the American public than rationality and common sense.

And his discovery in this regard is much more frightening to me than some Mexicans crossing the Rio Grand to get jobs as maids or landscapers.

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
bigun, I don't advocate a trade war with Mexico. I advocate us enforcing our present immigration laws. We need to control our border. While Mexicans risked a lot to cross the border 25 years ago, they don't risk much right now. 25 years ago, they had no access to public social services, and crossing the border was difficult, and therefore dangerous. Now you simply walk across the border, and surrender to the first border guard you see (you actually look for them, as opposed to running away from them). They then take you to a facility where you get food, water, a shower, etc. they schedule a hearing with an immigration judge, and you simply don't bother showing up. No one comes looking for you, and you just blend into the population, where companies are not penalized for hiring you, and you ahve an entire array of social services that allow you to live with a middle class standard of living according to mexico standards. In my view, those mexicans are simply rationaliy responding to the incentives before them. Very little downside and quiet a bit of upside in strolling across the border.

The GOP get cheap labor, hurting non-college educated US citizens, and the Dems get hopefully future voters so that 25 years from now that have a demographic choke hold on political power in perpetuity. Is either party really looking out for Joe six pack? Doesn't look like it to me. But who cares, Joe six pack is just a racist, right?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It seems that Americans For Common Sense does not have much common sense.

That image is NOT from the Mexico- Guatemala border but the between the border of US and Mexico.
There are no wall between Mex/Guat.

And of course the Anti-American Brit pops up..with distorted ''comments''' again.. There IS a fence between Guatemala and Mexico numnuttz. Whether it's that one or not who cares. FACT - THERE IS A FENCE BETWEEN THEM AND WE AMERICANS PAID FOR IT . I found the most liberal source I could for you so you can digest it...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2010/09/22/a-fence-for-the-southern-border-of-mexico/

So you are for tariffs?
How do you feel about Obama taxing oil exports.
That must be fine in your book too.

What do you think will happen when we institute tariffs on trade from Mexico?
You dont think they will do the same?
Do you know the trade numbers between the 2 countries?
Who will be mostly hurt if this tariff war starts?

Please stick to tea and crumpets, your business sense is frightening.
1st off your boii obama is actually on a higher Anti American level than even you and your EU,
Taxing our exports is moronic.
1st off mexico, china, japan and damn near all of our ''friends'' manipulate their currencies and or tax the shit out of our goods. So what do you think will happen if we tax theirs? It will set off a trade war??!!! We have been in one for decades and so far NO ONE has stuck up for our interests. Why do you think a large share of our ''imports'' are from AMERICAN Companies? We force them off shore and then they turn around and sell us their goods.
I wonder what would happen if we made their goods just as expensive as something made here?

The status quo is not working anymore and we are bankrupt have no manufacturing base . Shit, China was manufacturing Military uniforms for awhile til it was made public. So yes, it's about time the worlds largest trading partner did something drastic for it's people, us 'Mericans!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/sen-sherrod-brown-asks-us-military-members-issued/story?id=17503054

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic