Who is the Strongest man in history?

Discussion in 'Strongman Forum' started by Tony Delk, Mar 5, 2015.

1. TheSpectre

TheSpectre VIP Member

May 4, 2013
    Anyone mention prime Mark Henry yet? He's there with Big-Z for raw power. I think Kaz and Shaw have more functional/athletic power. Though Henry has transitioned amazingly into wrestling. Maybe Big-Z can wrestle after retiring from strongman and make $$$. O.D. Wilson was a beast as well.

Tom Magee was a personal favorite old school strongman for me. So damn athletic and looked better than many bodybuilders. Insane dead lift power for his build and weight.

2. kyle grey

kyle grey VIP Member

May 15, 2012
    For the same reasons Gary Taylor deserves to be on the list . He is a former winner of WSM , Olympic silver medal weightlifter , finished second to Dorian Yates in the British bodybuilding finals , powerlifter and has performed a behind the neck push press of 600 lb .

3. Joliver

Joliver MuscleHead

Jan 19, 2014
    So you're saying there's no 2nd or 3rd attempt on the building collapse? How do you warm up? It isn't a really popular event anyway....apparently the spectators are "part of the show."

4. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Gary Taylor didn't get a silver in the '84 Olympics for Oly lifting. He did well in the snatch but you get a medal for the TOTAL. Mario Martinez got the silver; one of the first Americans to snatch over 400lbs. He totaled 410kg in the '84 Olympics.

5. TheSpectre

TheSpectre VIP Member

May 4, 2013
    Other than Kazmaier and Mark Henry who has successfully lifted the Thomas Inch Dumbbell? I can't find the list, just old info.

6. kyle grey

kyle grey VIP Member

May 15, 2012
    Yes BI you're right my mistake Taylor got second in the snatch but didn't win a medal in '84 Olympics, he did win a silver in the snatch at World Weightlifting champs which were held at the same time . I don't think he competed against Mario Martinez as Taylor was in the Heavyweight II 110 kg class and the American was + 110 .

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  7. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    And for those wondering... Misha K snatched 200+kg and C&J 250kg at one of his Russian National Meets where he took the gold. Dave Rigert is the reason he never lifted in the Olympics. He's the Russian national coach and once Misha started doing SM he was blacklisted from Oly lifting.

8. Go Away

Go Away TID Board Of Directors

Dec 28, 2011
    Chuck Norris.
    End of discussion.