Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Who here has done botox?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I had Botox done for brow by a local office. Was like $12/unit, and they used like 60 units. Good results, but too much money. I then picked up some Innotox and did it myself for the equivalent of like $70 total, versus $720. I actually did a better job. Beginner's luck probably, but I did research a lot on technique.

I want to say the Innotox doesn't seem to be lasting nearly as long as the Botox, though. For the price, not a big deal.

Last edited:
BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I"m a female and did do botox for forehead. I am 53yrs young right now and did it 3yrs ago. Did not enjoy the results and felt like my eyelids drooped a bit. Had this done by a very popular spa type place too. Perhaps it was the technique not sure.
Would like to try out an actual derm doc to see if results would be different.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I"m a female and did do botox for forehead. I am 53yrs young right now and did it 3yrs ago. Did not enjoy the results and felt like my eyelids drooped a bit. Had this done by a very popular spa type place too. Perhaps it was the technique not sure.
Would like to try out an actual derm doc to see if results would be different.

They used too much if your eyelids were drooping, but everyone is different. Individual dosing has to be determined over time. I am the exact same way. I will not be doing below my forehead at all next time, because I just don't need it... meaning I will not be doing any spots right above eyebrows. I don't have an "angry 11," either. I hate that feeling of the drooping eyebrows and eyelids. My problem is very deep, horizontal, and long wrinkles in my forehead, and the 'tox smoothes them out very well.

Our resident aesthetician, @myosin, will be along eventually.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Glad you like the innotox... interesting about how long it lasts, I wonder if PART of that is also technique dependent? First time I used it, worked well, but it did seem a little "short" than what I expected, but second time, worked great and is still holding really well a few months later, dunno.

Droopy eyelids- Beef is right. I did above my brows each time BUT, made sure to go one inch above and only SQ, the spots RIGHT above the beginning of the brow can be IM... if you only do the spots at the beginning of the brows you might be prone to "spocking" (which actually looks kinda cool if only subtle, but that's a crap shoot).

I'm doing PRP on my scalp now and the injector told me that some will switch around their products as supposedly one can develop resistance to botox... so one session with Dysport, the next botox, etc.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
You can do Dysport which is similar to Botox but around $3 a unit. Plus you get rewards and $20-$40 off a visit every 4 months. I’ve been doing it for the last 7 years. It works so well I really only need to get it every 6 months.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You can actually just inject saline into your ballsack if you want to plump it up and smooth it out. It's really a thing. Some things I wish I didn't know. The technical term is: scrotal inflation.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I get botox, hyaluraunic acid, and stem cell injections every 3-5 months. Going tomorrow to get some done; not sure what I am getting done tomorrow. I tend to need filler (H-A) more often than anything....but stem cell injections (plasma) sound more appealing and does something that makes the skin look younger. I think they mix your plasma with vitamins and inject it either into your face or scalp, depending on where you want it.

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
I get mine as needed from a dermatologist here in Athens. Botox and fillers are his whole practice, so he's got plenty of experience getting it right.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I haven't ever tried Botox...but...a friend is hooked up with a company that puts together training seminars for doctors learning about the latest. They needed a guinea pig to show the docs how things turn out, One of the best guys in the business worked on me, and I liked the result. I asked how much it would have cost (fillers, etc) if I had paid, and it was like $7,500. The results were gone within a year, apparently with fillers if you workout a lot they go away quicker. Honestly, while I could see the difference the first couple of days, after that I really didn't notice even though the changes were there. I'm not very focused on my face I suppose. I'm also cheap. Never say never, but at some point I would like to try Botox I think, but fillers really don't hold much attraction. They have asked me to be a model again but I said no, just because I had other stuff going on. I may volunteer again at some point, I don't know.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic