Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Isolation Exercise or Other

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Never the same thing...I change it up every week.

I do the same thing, I never hit TG same first workout for chest two weeks in a row. I alternate from flat, decline, incline barbell and also dumbbells at all positions. No matter what thought. I always do a good warm up set before my working sets. And I'll hit partials and full ROM in my warm up, as well as a few static holds at the bottom just above touching my chest. I know this sounds complex, but its really not when you're doing it.

Murica

Murica

Aug 2, 2013
The correct answer is low intensity high rep shoulder external rotation to warm up your rotator cuffs ;)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
V-grip pulldowns.

Gets the shoulders warmed up and lats pumped.

Then barbell press.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I usually alternate between barbell flat and bb incline as the first and 2nd exercises.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was doing DB pullovers for pre exaust but it helps my shoulders more if I do slow controlled machine flies.

I do rotator cuffs before every upper body workout but consider them to be part of warming up.

HDH

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
What exercise do you use to start your chest workout? I've always started with flat bench but I'm wondering what kind of success people have with other exercises. I want to be sure I get maximum benefit from my chest workouts and I'm interested in what others are doing and why.
There is no correct answer, each has to find his own wAy, depending on what your goals and proportions. However after warm up start light to moderate then pyramid to your workout weight. For example I prefer a certain aesthetic therefore I do inclines heavy , dips light. I don't like how flat benches feel and have not done flats since 1979 lol. That is only my way and not how I would advise another. Know thyself is the golden rule

T

Torres

MuscleHead
Sep 16, 2013
I try to either do incline dumbell press or incline barbell press !!! Get that incline out the way ! I feel like if by doin that my strength increases !!!

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I actually start with push ups nowadays I find it gives me a great pump to jump into the next exercise

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I was doing DB pullovers for pre exhaust but it helps my shoulders more if I do slow controlled machine flies.

I do rotator cuffs before every upper body workout but consider them to be part of warming up.

HDH

I can't believe that was a year ago.

Still hitting machine flies to start for warm up and pre-exhaust. Now I go 2sec on the concentric, 4sec hold and squeeze then 6 to 8sec eccentric. No count for 4 sets.

Dropped the cuff work as it was giving me some trouble even at a very light weight.

I like to feel the lactic acid fill the pecs. Great f'n feeling :eek:

H

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic