Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

When you see it...

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I think you're all getting worked up over nothing. This looks like a 'Biggest Loser' (weight) or Big Mama comp or something. Look at the age and shape of some of the ladies in the background. I agree with TG tho, if you're on in prime time why would you be worried or worse be a dick to someone who's not up to par?
Maybe they're retarded or blind or somethin:p

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I was on stage with a fat girl and really fit girls and all I said was.... yes one less person I have to worry about lol

Exactly. Every competitor in every sport checks out the competition and see's who is and isn't competition. It's part of being ''Competitive'' by definition

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Exactly. Every competitor in every sport checks out the competition and see's who is and isn't competition. It's part of being ''Competitive'' by definition

I think if my grandma ever entered a fitness competition and didn't finish last, something is wrong with the competition.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I am very impressed by most of the comments here. It shows the class of people at this forum. It is great to see people losing weight, reaching healthier goals and doing something that they love, but one thing we can agree is that they are obviously not what we consider contest ready. For them, this was the best they could do and shouldn't that be what fitness is all about, the general population doing the best they can do to become healthier?

The last show I did in May 2013 there was a girl there that had lost over 120 pounds to get on stage. To be honest that was extremely motivational. The desire to get on stage was so strong that she did it even though she was a little out of shape. Realistically she did not look that bad. And one more year she was going to be extremely competitive, especially with that kind of drive and desire.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I see this a lot and it makes m e sick when people post their pic and poke fun. Not saying you are doing that
it's their life and if they wanted to step on stage good for them. They all have a smile on their face and look like they are having fun. Like what GS said win and go to nationals. And for the people that say" it makes me look bad by being on stage with them" need to check themselves. They will be in the middle and the others at the end so they will still have time to shine. Put yourself in their shoes. What if you ****ed up your water and looked bloated. How would you feel if people were poking fun. I'm sorry I'm ranting this bothers me always had. We should empower each other not put them down. :)

I agree with tg. Don't make fun, it's not nice. It takes A LOT of courage to get up in front of a room of people.

When I did my first powerlifting competition my bench press was pathetic. I weighed 230 and I had a single ply shirt on and I only managed a 303 bench.

I was so embarrassed and felt like I didn't belong there. But no one made fun of me, everyone applauded after the lift and was more than nice. Everyone was supportive. It takes so much to do your hobby in a room full of people.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
There is a back story to every competitor. In this case it could be as simple as she dropped from 500# to 250# .I dont think this lady showed up and said "I'm taking this thing". There are not rules stopping her from competing because she is "not in shape". If that were the case IMO alot of money would be lost by the promotors. She purchased her NPC card and paid her entry fee. Done and done. Does she have no business being up on that stage?
not really. Does she have every right to be? Yep. Always more to the story then meets the eye.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I think if my grandma ever entered a fitness competition and didn't finish last, something is wrong with the competition.

Send me some pics of Granny. You never know, there are some pretty hot gilf's out there

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
i agree shortz. her bikini was the wrong size and color. someone should have told her that. other then that shes bangin

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic