Ethan7400
What's New?

When you see it...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I was all primed to be critical of the poster, and instead say we should be encouraging, until I saw the pic. Holy crap!! The chick has got to weigh a solid 250! I hope prepping for the show has put her on a positive trajectory, but she shouldn't get anywhere near a bikini for at least another 100 pounds.

I'm thinking of that little kids song we used to sing... "one of these things is not like the other..."

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
She must've been asking her BF for advice. "Honey do I look fat?" " no baby you look contest ready..."

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I totally missed 78 & 88 the first look...

For those two it is obvious from this skin folds they lost a lot of weight... I hope 2 things... they dont get discouraged by the contest results... and they keep up the hard work and actually do get into contest shape...

as for free willy... I have nothing to say except for... REALLY????

Many of them look like they had been morbidly obese in the past. I understand the skin issues, and I think they look fantastic. You can tell they lost at least 100 or more lbs to get where they are and are def within a reasonable range for bikini

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Anyone can compete in an amateur open or novice contest. If you don't want to stand by people like this, then win and go to nationals. There will never be this problem anywhere but the very bottom level. Let them have their moment. It's much smarter for the organizations to just let them go on stage and take their money rather than having a potential law suit on their hands for not letting them on stage.

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
that was great LOL thanks for making my day with that--if I was still a training I would have been handing out business cards with pizza coupons for some of them

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
78 and 88 definitely I can see why they competed , obviously having lost a lot of weight ..

153 though just doesn't make sense to be honest...

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It's great they lost weight. But thinking they are contest ready ? It's no less offensive to a competitor than a crossfit person coming into a strongman contest thinking they are ready.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Anyone can compete in an amateur open or novice contest. If you don't want to stand by people like this, then win and go to nationals. There will never be this problem anywhere but the very bottom level. Let them have their moment. It's much smarter for the organizations to just let them go on stage and take their money rather than having a potential law suit on their hands for not letting them on stage.

It's great they lost weight. But thinking they are contest ready ? It's no less offensive to a competitor than a crossfit person coming into a strongman contest thinking they are ready.

I can see both of these points. Again, I applaud people for losing weight, it's not anything easy to do for someone that has been over weight for a while, but, this isn't a show case of "Look how much weight I lost!", it's a contest to be in the best shape possible. It kind of makes a joke of the sport, because these people are under false pretenses that they have what it takes to stand on stage next to people that have dedicated so much and sacrificed so much to be there.

At least the show is making money, drawing attention, and they will never place.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I am curious if this is actually a ploy with the whole "fat shaming" bogdy image movement crowd?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
NO. people feeling fat shame shouldnt be onstage.

I think she meant the people that are trying to say thin is ugly and fat is beautiful and this is their way of putting on a show for their agenda.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic