Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

When Diid You Decide?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Just curious, how long had you been training seriously before you starting using gear? What was the deciding factor for you?

I have been training serously for 2 1/2 years and am just getting to that point. I am trying to approach smartly though. I consulted with someone very knowledgable and have done tons of reading over the past 2-3 months. I still know next to nothing and am proceeding cautiously.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I had been training seriously for about 2 1/2 or 3 years. Spent another year learning and thinking about it... The deciding factor was after learning enough about them, I know I can do it as safely as possible, with a full understanding of the possible risks and side effects and make great gains.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I have a tiny pee pee and I heard that gear shrinks ur balls so I thought that maybe if my balls were small my pee pee would look bigger. Seriously tho...broke 200 lbs natty at 5'8" and knew that it was the right time for me.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Trained seriously as a bodybuilder/powerlifter? Or trained seriously? The reason I make the distinction is because I wrestled as a child, in high school, and three years of college, along with playing baseball and football at the high school level with scholarship offers in all three. So I trained my ass off all year for the better part of 10 years, then seriously missed the competition and turned to MMA. The training for MMA was actually less intense for MMA than it was for college wrestling, so to push myself a little harder, I started hitting the weights pretty hard when I wasn't doing BJJ or muay-thai. After a short but intense foray into the world of MMA, I enlisted in the military and really started hitting the weights before PT (PT was more about pushup/situp/running endurance). After I got out, I was 6'2" 210 at about 10%bf and could run 3 miles in less than 19 minutes. At this point, I concentrated solely on building mass, and after a year, had put on only 10 pounds, including 2 or 3lbs of fat. Meanwhile, during that year, I started researching AAS and proper cycling. I may not have been at my genetic potential, or even within 15 pounds of my genetic potential, but with the years I had been training for a specific sport rather than for size, I felt it was my time to run my first cycle. After another 6 months of research, I ran my first cycle. Went from 223lbs at about 12%bf to 255lbs at about 16-17%bf in 12 weeks. 255lbs was a full 100lbs heavier than the weight I wrestled at in high school, lol. There were some things that I would have changed, undoubtedly, but overall I'm happy with my decision to start when I did.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Round 5 years, in the 80's.... there was less info available, ironman magazine, a buncha broscience at the gym...

We can be much more safe and responsible now because we can readily access information both medical and anecdotal.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I had been training seriously for about 2 1/2 or 3 years. Spent another year learning and thinking about it... The deciding factor was after learning enough about them, I know I can do it as safely as possible, with a full understanding of the possible risks and side effects and make great gains.
I think you and I are on the same path
19 years oldddddd smoky.
Why'd you wait so long?

I have a tiny pee pee and I heard that gear shrinks ur balls so I thought that maybe if my balls were small my pee pee would look bigger. Seriously tho...broke 200 lbs natty at 5'8" and knew that it was the right time for me.
Best answer I can think of
Trained seriously as a bodybuilder/powerlifter? Or trained seriously?
Bodybuilding, including the diet. Trained 4 years earlier in life and came back to it late in 2008.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
hhhhmm doing mma and boxing in the 80's while a wee teen....first use was when i was 15-16(cant rem) but i walked right in the store and got Sten off the shelf...aas was legal then...a boxing partner got me started ....been using for over 20yrs ...at least a cycle a year and Hrt

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Bodybuilding, including the diet. Trained 4 years earlier in life and came back to it late in 2008.

The thing is, I feel like training for a while and then taking a break for years and then coming back definitely resets the clock. However, if a guy trains day in and day out year after year for a physically demanding sport, like football or wrestling or even track and field, without taking a break, and starts to hit the weights seriously, he will sooner reach that "time when it just feels right".

That opinion notwithstanding though, I trained like a bodybuilder/powerlifter including diet, for 2 years. NOT including diet (MREs make it difficult to eat like a bodybuilder) I trained like a bodybuilder/powerlifter for 5 years.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
10 years of religiously hitting the gym, diet always as good as can be ( lots of tuna and eggs back in college)

first training as a bodybuilder, then as a powerlifter....

squatted a grand in the gym and 900 in contest before going on

I definitely hit pretty close to my genetic potential and wanted to get on before 30 so I can compete in my prime. I have no regrets and feel that I picked a great time to play my ACE card ( or AAS card)...

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011

similar story here. trained for boxing, football, etc.. as a teenager, went to prison and lifted a little there. got out and did a couple stupid uneducated cycles of Dbol only and lost everything i gained (of course) with no proper PCT. didnt get serious about bodybuilding and start learning about proper diet and supplementation until about 5 years ago. at which point i started looking into AAS and asking questions. still waited about 3 years before running my first proper cycle and its been a lifestyle obsession ever since...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Here is the plan:

1-12 Testosterone enanthate 400 mg/w
1-12 Adex 0.5 mg EOD
1-12 hCG 250 iu EOD

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic