Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What supplements work?

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
My list of supplements that I have taken steady in the past year.

My regular day supplement protocol
Magnum vita pack am
Omega 900mg am
D3 1,000iu am
B complex am
C 500mg am
Creatine monohydrate 5gD Intra or am
L-Arginine HCI 5g pre-workout
Taurine 3g pre-workout
1 scoop hydrolyzed whey post-workout
EAA's Intra
Pre-workout formulas on and off. Different strengths and brands.
Karbolyn Intra 25g scoop
Omega's 900mg pm
Magnesium 200mg pm
Zinc 25mg pm
C 500mg pm

The last few weeks I have been running out of these supplements and or choosing to cut specific ones out. I'm trying to be cost affective and see what I truly need to build muscle and stay healthy.

My current supplement protocol starting mid Aug/23
Omega's 900mg am
D3 1,000iu am
K2 100mcg
Zinc 25mg am
B complex am
C 500mg am
Creatine monohydrate 5gD Intra or am
Taurine 3gD Intra
EAA's Intra
Omega's 900mg pm
Magnesium 200mg pm
C 500g pm

I'd like some options and thoughts please. If you have personal experience with supplements that you have found do truly work vs being a waist of money.

I have been focusing on relying on food vs supplements. High carbs easily digestible protiens zero fat pre and post meals.
I will likely add back in the karbolyn on AAS cycles if I feel it's needed. From what I have read Intra carbs are controversial? Due to blood flow going to your gut to digest when you want maximum blood flow to muscle tissue. Thoughts on that topic are encouraged aswell.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Damn Anita that list is as long as my prescription drugs I take everyday lol

Protein, creatine. Q10, fish oil, MCT oil, bcaa

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Since you are getting most of your nutrients from food I would evaluate blood work and or diet before taking any vitamins especially A, D, E, K vitamins since they are fat soluble. I understand being up north may not get as much sun due to weather and alot people have low D anyway and you are very well below toxic level per day I think it is 50,000 . I plan on investigating which amino would be best injected.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Since you are getting most of your nutrients from food I would evaluate blood work and or diet before taking any vitamins especially A, D, E, K vitamins since they are fat soluble. I understand being up north may not get as much sun due to weather and alot people have low D anyway and you are very well below toxic level per day I think it is 50,000 . I plan on investigating which amino would be best injected.
I don't eat much fruit but I do get a good amount of assorted veg both colored and green. Not daily always but every other day typically I eat a few salads and add some colored veg to a few meals each day.
I should check what's coming from food yes. I have an app for that just haven't checked in a while.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
You should see my list it's on here somewhere.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
Drop all supplements. Invest more in diet. Maybe a multi and protein. If you eat meat creatine is kinda pointless. I used to have b complex injections, swore they made me more vascular if taken near a workout but not enough for me to continue to use them. I'd consider joint ones if you have joint concerns...other than that...a better diet tends to fill most gaps.

I dont know your medical history, so not sure if some of them are recommended by a GP but ya that's a lot.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I think it looks good. Those are moderate doses. i do 3 grams of fish oil daily, 1.5 grams of magnesium glycinate before bed. Helps me sleep.

But even with a great diet like I have I still supp with many of those. D3 and K2 especially. I am not in the sun a lot and I do not eat enough fermented foods to get the K2.

I also do Astaxanthin which is a very strong anti oxidant. NAC and Glycine first thing in the morning. These have reduced my inflammation significantly.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Without having read all of the comments, I would check my vitamins first before taking supplements.
I would suggest you do labs and see if you even need vitamin/mineral supplements at all.
Too much vitamin D or calcium and such is really not good for you.
My dietician threw a fit on me for taking too many supplements.
She asked my why I do all that stuff if I’m already healthy.
She’s told me that if I have a healthy balanced diet that supplements are unnecessary and even harmful.
You can get kidney and gall stones from too much calcium and vitamin D.
I’ve learned over the years that when it comes to supplements, less is usually better than more.
We all already consume too much protein as it is, which is taxing to our livers, too.
Long term use of protein supplements can cause kidney disease/failure.
I’ve seen it happen to who guys who drank protein shakes all day long.
They’re irritating to your digestive tract too.
I stopped taking so many supplements two years ago and I feel much better as a result.
Also, I’m not a fan of creatine because part of its mechanism causes water retention.
Bad for your bp.
Also, keep in mind that although daily consumption levels may not be unsafe, long term use at such levels may be.
Most of the effects of vitamin/mineral overdose appear gradually.

Last edited:
Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
I think it looks good. Those are moderate doses. i do 3 grams of fish oil daily, 1.5 grams of magnesium glycinate before bed. Helps me sleep.

But even with a great diet like I have I still supp with many of those. D3 and K2 especially. I am not in the sun a lot and I do not eat enough fermented foods to get the K2.

I also do Astaxanthin which is a very strong anti oxidant. NAC and Glycine first thing in the morning. These have reduced my inflammation significantly.
Ya I take k2 aswell especially on days I don't eat at much green veg. Broccoli is high in k2. I do eat kraut and kimchi but on rotation. It's not a daily thing.

Anita Blumpkin

Anita Blumpkin

TID Lady Member
Jul 19, 2023
Without having read all of the comments, I would check my vitamins first before taking supplements.
I would suggest you do labs and see if you even need vitamin/mineral supplements at all.
Too much vitamin D or calcium and such is really not good for you.
My dietician threw a fit on me for taking too many supplements.
She asked my why I do all that stuff if I’m already healthy.
She’s told me that if I have a healthy balanced diet that supplements are unnecessary and even harmful.
You can get kidney and gall stones from too much calcium and vitamin D.
I’ve learned over the years that when it comes to supplements, less is usually better than more.
We all already consume too much protein as it is, which is taxing to our livers, too.
Long term use of protein supplements can cause kidney disease/failure.
I’ve seen it happen to who guys who drank protein shakes all day long.
They’re irritating to your digestive tract too.
I stopped taking so many supplements two years ago and I feel much better as a result.
Also, I’m not a fan of creatine because part of its mechanism causes water retention.
Bad for your bp.
Also, keep in mind that although daily consumption levels may not be unsafe, long term use at such levels may be.
Most of the effects of vitamin/mineral overdose appear gradually.
Yup this is why I'm narrowing it down. I do feel certain ones are very important but I'm aware of diet and what food are contained what so I may skip the few supplements on days I eat food containing them.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Ya I take k2 aswell especially on days I don't eat at much green veg. Broccoli is high in k2. I do eat kraut and kimchi but on rotation. It's not a daily thing.
Yeah I like all that too, but natto is what really has a bunch of K2 but I am not eating snotty soybeans

natto-910x1024.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic