Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongman

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
habit i picked up in prison. just kinda stuck with me when i got out.
finally learned how to do it right about 10 years later. lol

His Grizzness

His Grizzness

May 18, 2011
Well, the iron is not my main focus anymore, but I still lift/do resistance training. The lady who owned the Gold's I got my first real bite from the muscle bug at said that she only lifted anymore because she likes to eat a lot and the muscles made it possible for her to do that. LOL Similarly, I don't know what I would do if I wasn't big. It's been my identity for so long that I wouldn't know what to do if I was suddenly human-sized.

Spectrum

Spectrum

Dec 16, 2010
Vanity, sanity, self-esteem & confidence, health, anger management. I just feel better, and look better when I'm training regularly. I like the challenge and the fact that, unlike a lot of other things in my life, the results I get are something I have some control over.

I started in one of my stints in drug treatment.... and later got more serious/consistent when I spent a couple of years as a guest of the Fla. D.O.C.

Got "clean" finally a year or so after that and working out has been a big part of my "recovery" and what's helped me stay clean since.

I've been less than consistent the past 2-3 years but @50+ I'm back on a mission to reclaim what my girlfriend refers to (or used to anyway-lol) as my "hot rockin bod" while it's still possible.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Vanity, sanity, self-esteem & confidence, health, anger management. I just feel better, and look better when I'm training regularly. I like the challenge and the fact that, unlike a lot of other things in my life, the results I get are something I have some control over.

I started in one of my stints in drug treatment.... and later got more serious/consistent when I spent a couple of years as a guest of the Fla. D.O.C.

Got "clean" finally a year or so after that and working out has been a big part of my "recovery" and what's helped me stay clean since.

I've been less than consistent the past 2-3 years but @50+ I'm back on a mission to reclaim what my girlfriend refers to (or used to anyway-lol) as my "hot rockin bod" while it's still possible.

I hear ya spec, I have a similar story, just in another state, anger management for sure, but for me theres also the fact that its one thing I know I can work damn hard at and see my results and get a sense of self gratification without lube.
I mean shit you look in the mirror at what you have created and you realize there are very few people who can sustain the ethic and pain management to keep doing this.
Its a lifestyle, but its also something that jobs, relationships, and other important things in life sometimes and often times fail to do.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I train to be stronger and beat my last PR's at meets (Powerlifter)

I have cleaned diet up a bit but without weight lose but fat lose because I was feeling so shitting training felt like shit to do so for me at 42 there is a fine line of training and Health.

B

BikerTrash

Rottens cookie dealer
Mar 19, 2011
I dont know why I lift and train so hard, I cannot pin point one reason or the other, I do know for sure that I have no desire to ever do a competetive show or power lifting contest .However some day I would like to be show prep ready at 230lbs to just say I could have done a show if I had wanted to .
I guess I just like the punishment and aches and pains ,oh yeh ,and the looks I get with no shirt on at the beach .

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
i enjoy it. it relaxes me and i also feel like im getting not only a physical workout but a mental one

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic