• Powerlifting - recreational

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongman

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
M

mrhate

Jul 8, 2011
I train to get away from my wife. Just kidding. Im 42 I've been lifting most of my life. It's definately changed as I've matured. When I was in high school I trained because I was on the small side and wanted to be a better athlete. After that I trained to get girls. LoL as I grew up it just became about being the best I can be. I do it for me. I do it because I love the way it makes me feel. I'm 42, 5' 9" tall, and 240 lbs. I'm in better shape than most men half my age. Bodybuilding has been good to me. There are a lot of times when life gets you down. Lifting always makes me feel good about myself. It's for the mind and the body.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I do it to stay sane, I love the way lifting makes me feel regardless of gains. Its my therapy and the one thing that keeps me from going on a mass murdering spree.

I could grab a line from each of you above, pretty much LOL.

My balance and sanity and moments of DRIVEN peace occur under the weight...

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I train to be fit and healthy on top of everything, but my main goal is to be a competitive bodybuilder/fitness model.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I did it because I wasn't comfortable in my own skin. Now I do it because it's fun.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I train to get away from my family! Just kidding - kind of. I train for strongwoman, Highland games and NAHA contests. I dabble in powerlifting and Olympic lifting. It gives me something to focus on, continually challenge myself, and better myself along the way. My adult ADD and nervous energy demand high intensity training, otherwise I just get in trouble doing/saying stupid things.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I started to because I was picked on and beat up alot as a kid. So I discovered weights and martial arts and have fell in love with both. They are my sanctuary my peace my means of leveling my angry and aggressive side. With out them in my life I feel like I am powerless.

chuckzilla

chuckzilla

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
even though i am currently training for my first bench press competition, i consider myself a competitive bodybuilder. i have done shows in the past and will be doing another one after the bench comp.

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
So many reasons... started as a kid for sports. Keep it up now because I feel like I let myself down or didn't do something I was supposed to if I don't. Want to be a healthy role model for my kids and a guy my sons will look up to as a 'hero' or whatever. Can't stand being average and at 5'8" that's exactly what I would be if I didn't train. Love the release. Don't drink or use rec drugs so the weights are my vice. Not exactly big now (205-210lbs) but don't think I can ever be big enough. Can't stand weakness both mentally and physically. Can't be weak, can't be average. Don't have the desire to compete as a BBer and probably never will but I have done two small PL events although my body is just too beat up to be very successful at that. I don't know, I just can't imagine what life would be like if I didn't go to the gym at all.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Its a great way to relieve stress, take out some aggression and promote a healthly lifestyle (maybe). Setting goals and achieving them makes us who we are. I love riding by Mcd's and seeing all the fatty's getting ready to consume 1000;s of cals and knowing that Im not going to fall to that.

Diesel

Diesel

Jun 11, 2011
How come their is no option for "I do it to pull hot ass"? I feel like that should be a choice. Its certainly not the only reason I lift but you have no idea how much tail I've pulled because of my physique.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I train to be as strong as I possibly can and to seek out and try to destroy my limits but I keep my eye on symmetry and do my best to control and keep the bf down. I have no desire to compete but I consider my competition against my own limits fierce. So I'm not sure what category I fit into.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Well, i'll need to get a younger girl as soon as the wife leaves.Plus i'm one of the older fathers in my daughters grade school,but I look the best.Really i'd like to do a few shows in the near future.So I really train for my own vanity,and I like the way I look.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic