jacobss
What's New?

Warm Mayonnaise

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Sorry for the gap….
No training Sunday; just landscaping work in the yard.
Super busy at work so only got my BJJ session in yesterday.
We had a world champ female No Gi professor come in and do a 2.5hr clinic last night on side control maintenance and submissions. Didn’t feel like that intense of a session, but my body sure is bitching about it today.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Damn bro. I have a little mat experience focused on take downs and quickly wrecking someone. Not on your level but, your engagement times are impressive. You are a bad motherfucker fo sho!
I appreciate the compliment @CFM Sometimes I feel like I’m just trying to stay relevant in some way, lol.

Reactions: CFM
MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I remember an old PLUSA article mentioning "some guy" named Ed Coan finishing up with a set of pullups with 100lbs x 10 and I was impressed. And here you were doing a few reps less with 35lbs more!

:D
lol, I might have Ol’ Ed bested on pull-ups, but I promise it ends there!

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Still alive…no training. Work had a fatality recently in a routine operation (not mine). I’ve had every well intentioned manager, consultant, assessor, inspector etc up my ass this week. Training has been shit. Good news is my team is on point and has impressed at every turn. Hopefully some sort of normalcy returns tomorrow.

M

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
congrsts on team stuff, so important

fwiw in my experience and observation, 35 ish age, nagging injury journey then early 40's like ur say, she is what she is, don't do shit that injures muah anymore, lol

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Yesterday
Got 1.5hr BJJ sesh in. Did an hour or so of basic guard work: triangle left, triangle right, arm bar left, arm bar right…then finished out w/ 3, 5min rounds. Hips are pretty sore this morning.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Got to train with a Brazilian professor yesterday. Pretty cool. Did a bunch of De La Riva guard work. No weights or running yesterday. Flying out to Houston today for a week. Found some BJJ gyms there and will hopefully be posting up!

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Still rolling….
Spent last week out of town for work. Caught some bullshit hotel workouts in the morning and managed to get to BJJ sessions in at a local gym.

Today
AM: Ran 2 miles this morning at 9:50 pace.
PM: BJJ; bunch of closed guard work followed by 3, 5 minute rounds. 70 minutes total.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Week in review…
I’ve been assigned a complex fishing job on a well at work so sleep has been non- existent.
Still managed to get 4 sessions of BJJ in and one day of running and a press day.
Hoping that this week is better on sleep; I can feel my body breaking down.
On a positive…my daughter did her first BJJ comp today. She was pushed into older girls bracket and still took 2nd. Pretty stoked for her.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic