Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Ventrogluteal Injection site

irishiron

irishiron

Jun 22, 2012
Wow, Thanks for all the info. No problem finding the right spot but, I absolutely can't dart!!! I just can't get my mind to commit, I have to go slow and just let the pin glide in. Never any pain and I've never hit a vessel of any sort but going in two inches also plays on my mind. I'm pretty lean there and my mind is convinced I'll dig into bone!

But Thanks for the very detailed info!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
You can bury a 1.5" needle in there and not worry at all unless you look like a POW. Even then you'd probably be OK. ;)

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
There's no need for a 2" pin on this muscle. Imo 1.5" is even overkill. I use 1" and have for years. Thats plenty

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

Oct 28, 2013
Geez, yes, I think you ALWAYS need to aspirate, if you accidentally inject into a vein or artery, it can go to your brain or lungs and cause a stroke or pulmonary embolism. When I hear about bodybuilders dying in their 30s or 40s, I always wonder if they did this.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

Oct 28, 2013
One of my friends is in nursing and in their nursing
literature it says NOT to massage after an
IM injection due to the possibility of causing minor
tissue damage. It says only to apply pressure to
the site. For sub-q injections, lightly massaging the
site is recommended.

Any thoughts?

You know, that makes sense. But many times when a nurse has injected me she rubbed the area pretty hard. So now I'm confused!

misterB

misterB

Jul 28, 2015
easiest way to do this since none of you can turn your hands upside down is to stand sideways to the mirror, raise your leg to the side, see the muscle bugle out on the side by the hip, that's it , mark it with a finger nail first time swab it and pin it. be sure to lean against something to take all the weight off the side you're pinning , its a great spot, you will have some virgin muscle pain depending on the gear and quantity, i do 3 mls and its nothing out of the ordinary .
enjoy

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Did my second ventro injection yesterday.Had a little tenderness hardly noticeable.Using a 1" 23g just doing 1ml now,probably go up .5 mls every injection until I hit 2.5 mls.Real easy to hit,wasn't that nervous because I pounded a few beers first.Lats are next,my ass is getting worn out from injections not dicks.lol

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection

1. Find the trochanter. It is the knobby top portion of the long bone in your upper leg (femur). It is about the size of a golf ball.

2. Find the anterior iliac crest. The nurse will help you find the bone landmarks.

3. Place the palm of your hand over the trochanter. Point the first or index finger toward the anterior iliac crest. Spread the second or middle finger toward the back, making a 'V'. The thumb should always be pointed toward the front of the leg. Always use the index finger and middle finger to make the 'V'.

4. Give the injection between the knuckles on your index and middle fingers.

5. Stretch the skin tight.

6. Hold the syringe like a pencil or dart. Insert the needle at a right angle to the skin (90
degree).

7. You may give up to 3 ml. (cc) of fluid in this site.

Very easy site to fine, very few nerves, almost zero pain. Great spot for short esters.

Ventrogluteal Injection

are you sure about this? ............That is the posterior illiac crest and the sacrum not the trochanter.???? Im an x ray tech.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Greater trochanter is on the femur. this is a f'd up diagram. the last one is right as far as injection site.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Im kinda shocked at how many guys here didn’t know about the ventro glute. Umm im no Dr.. but when I started, my research led me to the understanding that that was the #1 site to inj. into. Also the safest as there is not a very good chance at hitting a nerve.

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
i showed this to a nurse who lives next door and she said no way, never that far forward.....? im still confused as i dont have this "bulging" muscle everyone is talking about....but again i was lead to believe this vent glute was more far forward towards the front instead of the side where the pic shows....so im mor informed now....

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic