Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ultrasound Machine

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I have been getting ultrasound treatment for my shoulder tendinitis and it has shown improvement. I was thinking it worked well enough to look into buying one. I have found several different models on eBay, does anybody here own one of these? Any special requirements to buy one?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have been getting ultrasound treatment for my shoulder tendinitis and it has shown improvement. I was thinking it worked well enough to look into buying one. I have found several different models on eBay, does anybody here own one of these? Any special requirements to buy one?

Sounds like a cool thing to have... I'm not sure what kind of spec's to look for on something like that, but for me part of what feels good about it is the fact that someone else is doing the work while I relax... I love the ultrasound machine when my tennis elbow gets aggravated.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I would imagine if anyone would know ATW would, regarding any special requirements at least.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
What do they compare to a stim machine?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What do they compare to a stim machine?

It heats the muscle/surrounding area up as opposed to just the electricity into the muscle. I used to have this on my lower back and it gets in deep and really losens everything up.

As to the type of machine, that I don't know. The one at all of the chiros I have been to have been relatively small and I would imagine cheap in comparison to larger machines. As your doc what he is using.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
agreed LK...

I got a TENS machine from my chiro...and insurance payed for it because he wrote me a script... I recommend you try that route Mugzy... you may get to for FREEEE...

If nothing else he can point you in the right direction.

Not sure about the ultra sound machine but I know the TENS machine had very specific settings according to the sight and treatment as far as frequency, voltage, amperage which the dr set for me before I left.. otherwise I could have actually done more harm than good...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I won't lie, I love the feeling of being electrocuted by the tens machine. Put in on my traps so high I get my arms twitching.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I should look into this, never knew you could get a script written for one.....

Right now I don't have the time to get to get the treatments I needs

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I won't lie, I love the feeling of being electrocuted by the tens machine. Put in on my traps so high I get my arms twitching.

LOL... not trying to hijack admin...

but yeah... I shock the shit out of myself just to watch the muscles contract... and it actually feels good once you stop the electrolysis...

simple minds simple pleasures I guess..

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
agreed LK...

I got a TENS machine from my chiro...and insurance payed for it because he wrote me a script... I recommend you try that route Mugzy... you may get to for FREEEE...

If nothing else he can point you in the right direction.

Not sure about the ultra sound machine but I know the TENS machine had very specific settings according to the sight and treatment as far as frequency, voltage, amperage which the dr set for me before I left.. otherwise I could have actually done more harm than good...

Do you find that it helps with recovery? I've been told they help speed up healing from injuries. I'm not sure how it helps though.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
haven't really been injured bad enough to asses properly first hand BI...aside from back pain... and yes it helped with that quite well... even sore muscles...

I have seen one used in rehab for knee injuries. So I am sure there is some sound advice there..

S

sartac

May 12, 2012
In for updates.

I was thinking about getting an ultrasound machine for DOMS and post injection therapy. They're cheap on the bay, but not sure if worth a crap.

Seems like they'd be good for breaking up muscle adhesions/scarring from injections, as well as maybe (ideally) smooth out exercise-inflicted muscle damage and increase hypertrophy. But this is just speculation on my part.

EDIT: I've been around medical equipment a good bit and could measure the output wattage of one of the affordable units if I pick one up. This information doesn't seem to be listed on the ones I'm finding...

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic