jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
WelterweightLeon Edwards (c)vs.Colby Covington[a]
FlyweightAlexandre Pantoja (c)vs.Brandon Royval

Welterweight - Shavkat Rakhmonov vs Stephen Thompson
Lightweight - Tony Ferguson vs Paddy Pimblett
Welterweight - Vicente Luque vs. Ian Machado Garry

No time to break down the card but a good one. I missed the last UFC all together but Khalil Roundtree made a statement!

Last edited by a moderator:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, this is a pretty good card. The preliminary card has a lot of good fights too. I'll post those up later when i get home if somebody doesn't do it by then.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Sorry for the damned messed up format. Been a helluva a couple days with my father in law in the hospital almost 3 hours away. Damn lots of driving and lack of sleep.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Sorry for the damned messed up format. Been a helluva a couple days with my father in law in the hospital almost 3 hours away. Damn lots of driving and lack of sleep.
Hope everything goes well, JG and he recovers fully and fast brother.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
WelterweightLeon Edwards (c)vs.Colby Covington
FlyweightAlexandre Pantoja (c)vs.Brandon Royval
WelterweightShavkat Rakhmonovvs.Stephen Thompson
LightweightTony Fergusonvs.Paddy Pimblett

FeatherweightJosh Emmettvs.Bryce Mitchell
Women's BantamweightIrene Aldanavs.Karol Rosa
BantamweightCody Garbrandtvs.Brian Kelleher
Women's FlyweightCasey O'Neillvs.Ariane Lipski

No doubt bro the prelims are awesome.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Hoping Colby and Tony can pull out wins.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Hoping Colby and Tony can pull out wins.
Yeah, I would like that too. Colby is a hilarious guy. Tony is a legend but past his prime. He was the guy to beat Khabib in his prime but they never got to fight.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
WelterweightLeon Edwards (c)def.Colby CovingtonDecision (unanimous) (49–46, 49–46, 49–46)55:00
FlyweightAlexandre Pantoja (c)def.Brandon RoyvalDecision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 49–46)55:00
WelterweightShavkat Rakhmonovdef.Stephen ThompsonSubmission (rear-naked choke)24:56
LightweightPaddy Pimblettdef.Tony FergusonDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)35:00
FeatherweightJosh Emmettdef.Bryce MitchellKO (punch)11:57
Light HeavyweightAlonzo Menifielddef.Dustin JacobyDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
Women's BantamweightIrene Aldanadef.Karol RosaDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
BantamweightCody Garbrandtdef.Brian KelleherKO (punch)13:42
Women's FlyweightAriane Lipskidef.Casey O'NeillSubmission (armbar)21:18
  • Fight of the Night: Irene Aldana vs. Karol Rosa
  • Performance of the Night: Josh Emmett, Ariane Lipski and Shamil Gaziev
The main card was not all that good to be honest. Josh Emmett send Bryce to a different dimension, might be KO of the year.
Paddy beat up old man Ferguson. The MMA Gods did not shine upon him. He is just a step behind even Paddy who is not a top 10 guy.,
Shavkat is a problem, Wonderboy landed some good stuff but once on the ground it was all Shavkat
Pantoja used enough energy in the first round to power a small city for 3 days. He slowed and allowed Royval to make it a fight in the 5th but Pantoja dug deep and got the TD, Royval had not plan to get up.
Leon vs Colby. I fell asleep around the 3rd. Dana said Colby looked slow and old, easy win for Leon.

Now the prelims on the other hand.
Jacoby was tuning up Menifield in the first but he would taste that Alonzo power and it took him a while to recover. The second and 3rd no diff. But he lost them from getting tagged and not being able to recover as well and Menifield won a good fight.
Aldana vs Rosa was FOTN! What a battle. Never seen a girl fight this good that I can recall. Rock-em Sock-em robots. Rosa was doing massive damage with the low kicks. Aldana just ate them and countered with the hands. Rosa's face was straight busted up but neither gal gave up and fought their best fight. Talk about heart from both, those leg kicks HURT! Every step and then when another tags you feels like hell and Aldana kept fighting. Rosa, like I said her face was busted up, but she kept fighting with all her heart. Aldana really pulled away when she started throwing to the body. It is horrible to be on the edge of being winded and you take a good shot and cannot breathe for 2-3 seconds. Feels like an eternity. What a fight!
Cody looked really good, like the old Cody back in the day. Brian is no joke but he got out matched. Right hook to the jaw. I would not doubt Brian has a broken jaw if he was not biting on his mouthpiece.
Lipski vs O'Neil was good too. That armbar was NASTY! Lipski turned that arm to the absolute correct angle to finish. If it was off, O'Neil could have survived. Wrist/hand placement and angle are the diff between a sub finish and a person rotating out. BJJ guys should watch that over and over. I have for sure.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
like the outcome

watched all the old PPV's, and caught previews twice

covington, kind of dickish, imho, funny though

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic