What's New?

Turbolag's Back Surgery And Recovery Log

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Meals For 08/12/2013

Fast until 12pm

12pm: 8 egg whites with Pace Picante Salsa. 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1 flat bread with 1/4 sprinkle cheese and 1 tbsp lite sour cream, 2 scoops Whey protein with 8oz Fat Free milk with Omega - 3

4pm: 8.5 oz extra lean ground turkey, 1 slice homemade pizza

7pm: 1 slice homemade pizza, 2 cups Greek yogurt and 1 scoop Whey protein

8:30pm: 1 scoop Whey protein

Fat - 49g

Carbohydrate - 196

Protein - 263

Total calories - 2,202

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
What's the brand of whey protein you use? I'm pretty happy with mine (Optimum Extreme Milk Chocolate), but I'm open to try new kinds if it mixes easily and the taste is good.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
What's the brand of whey protein you use? I'm pretty happy with mine (Optimum Extreme Milk Chocolate), but I'm open to try new kinds if it mixes easily and the taste is good.

Optimum Nutrition. I really like all their products.

How is the milk chocolate ? I was curious to try that one.

The Graham Cracker is pretty good.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I think sometimes we take whatever our doctor's advice and take it hook, line and sinker. Doc's play the percentages and always play it safe. Why not, right? Obviously due to liability reasons, and based on the average person, we are told the game is over, BUT you are NOT normal. You are a frickin meathead freak. You defy logic on a lot of things. Now that doesn't mean go out do something crazy, but I had a trauma surgeon who trained under Dr. James Andrews, world renown sports surgeon. When I tore my pec and my labrum, I thought for sure either I was done training or was due for a major surgery. Neither happened. This doc sat down with me and explained how resilient the body is. He said, "Sure I can cut on you and probably do my best, but in all honesty, you have trained your body to recover at such a ridiculous rate and etc, your ability to heal is likely better than most surgeries. The body does amazing things and can heal itself better than an average person. Now I am not saying this may be your case, but something to think about. You might be surprised what your body can accomplish. Keep the faith my friend.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks Hawkeye.

Appreciate it man. :)

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Optimum Nutrition. I really like all their products.

How is the milk chocolate ? I was curious to try that one.

The Graham Cracker is pretty good.

I've tried about 4-5 different protein powder chocolate flavors, and ON's is the best I've tasted by far. I use to sing the praises of Gaspari Myofusion's chocolate powsder, but the ON is much better.

I would like to try a couple other flavors, but I'm nervous about paying a lot for something if I end up not liking it. I wish they offered variety packs with smaller sizes, like they do with snack chips for kids' lunches. Heh.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I've tried about 4-5 different protein powder chocolate flavors, and ON's is the best I've tasted by far. I use to sing the praises of Gaspari Myofusion's chocolate powsder, but the ON is much better.

I would like to try a couple other flavors, but I'm nervous about paying a lot for something if I end up not liking it. I wish they offered variety packs with smaller sizes, like they do with snack chips for kids' lunches. Heh.

They do. They have samples. The owner of the nutrition store gave me about 8 different samples to try out.

I have the same feeling. I don't wanna pay $25 for a tub I can't stomach.

Try asking your nutrition store if they have samples. The samples are equivalent to one scoop.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Yet another personal experience.

Injured my knee pretty bad patallar & meniscus tears, the fibers under the knee cap were a mess. The Dr told me I would never squat heavy again.
Months after the surgery when I started to walk again the knee would clunk(there was so much slop in the joint). At this point questioned if I would ever be able to run again let alone squat heavy. Tried to weight train too soon several times should of just ridden a bike for a few months. Lesson there; take small steps in recovery, leave the ego at the door and make the small 5lb increases as your training allows.
Can squat much deeper now, my squats have never looked better and the weights continue to go up.

As Hawkeye mentioned, we're not average in our determination or recovery abilities, the only limits are the one's we impose.
I hope you hear the best case scenario, but if otherwise put your head down and methodically work your way to better than you were before.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks E.

I'm really excited and motivated to get back under the bar. But I'm gonna take my time and ease into it. But I will do my best.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
08/17/2013 Update

Back muscle feels much better.

Been sitting in a chair off and on a lot more lately. Up to over an hour at a time. Really nice to be able to do that again comfortably.

Diet is going alright. Can't drink milk. Makes me hold way too much fluid in my stomach.

Haven't weighed in a while, no clue what I weigh.

Going to try to make some whole wheat chocolate chip muffins soon to fit into my macros.

That's about it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic