Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Trump jumps in: The Donald's latest White House run is officially on

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I really am impressed with Carly Fiorina, and with the way the men keep stepping in dogshit on the abortion issue, she may be the only one who can win. The liberal media is going to crucify the "sexist" Republican men, particularly those who say they want constitutional amendments or other laws banning any and ALL abortion 100%, no matter what.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Trump was not authorized to use Neil Youngs song "Rockin in the free world"....Ouch.....On top of that Neil Young is endorsing Bernie Sanders....double ouch.....

I wonder how long it would take Trumps attorneys to sue if someone tried using Trumps image without authorization.....

Bottom line he only cares about himself
Why are you so angry?

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
Ted Cruz and Carly Fiorina were the obvious winners of the debate IMO.

Trump being in the race has brought immigration, economy and veterans issues to the fore front and that is a good thing. He will need to prep more for these debates if he wants to be taken seriously. I really like how he stands up to the media on both sides but that is not enough to win or even get my vote.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
TRUMP PUSHES SINGLE PAYER HEALTHCARE, TAX INCREASE ON WEALTHY

by
JOHN NOLTE
28 Sep 2015

During his “60 Minutes” interview Sunday, Republican presidential front-runner appeared to come out in favor of a form of single payer health insurance for the uninsured (although he does says he’s going to “take care of everybody”) and openly called for raising taxes on the wealthy. [emphasis added]
Donald Trump: Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced. Obamacare is a disaster if you look at what’s going on with premiums where they’re up 40, 50, 55 percent.
Scott Pelley: How do you fix it?
Donald Trump: There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, “No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private. But–”
Scott Pelley: Universal health care.
Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.
Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of. How? How?
Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably–
Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?
Donald Trump: –the government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.
Trump was equally forthcoming about his plans to raise taxes on the wealthy:
Scott Pelley: Revolution is easy, governing is hard and what I’d like to get to is how you intend to govern the country if you are elected president. What’s your tax plan?
Donald Trump: It’s a substantial reduction for the middle-income people. Because our middle class, Scott, is being absolutely decimated. It will be a corporate also reduction, I think it’ll be a great incentive for corporations.
Scott Pelley: Who are you going to raise taxes on?
Donald Trump: If you look at actually raise, some very wealthy are going to be raised. Some people that are getting unfair deductions are going to be raised. But overall it’s going to be a tremendous incentive to grow the economy and we’re going to take in the same or more money. And I think we’re going to have something that’s going to be spectacular.
Scott Pelley: But Republicans don’t raise taxes.
Donald Trump: Well, we’re not raising taxes.
Scott Pelley: What kind of Republican are you?
Donald Trump: I mean the only, well, I’m a pretty good Republican. But, I will tell you this, I do have some differences. I don’t want to have certain people on Wall Street getting away with paying no tax.
As I wrote two weeks ago, Trump is already running a general election campaign. Rather than pander to the GOP base, he is advertising loudly beforehand that on issues such as taxes, health care, and trade he is not your standard conservative.
Monday morning Trump unveiled some of the details of his tax plan. The seven current tax brackets will be cut to just four: zero percent, ten percent, twenty percent, and twenty-five percent. Business taxes across the board will be lowered to just 15%. The immoral Estate Tax will be fully repealed. The wealthy will lose many loopholes.
Single people who earn less than $25, 000 and married couples who earn less than $50,000 will pay no income tax. This is another proposal that defies in the face of a strongly held conservative belief that all income earners should pay some taxes, even if it is just 1%, in order to have skin in the game.
Overall, Trump is lowering taxes and has agreed to repeal ObamaCare.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/28/trump-pushes-single-payer-healthcare-tax-increase-on-wealthy/

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
His ideas on the illegal immigration issue are also whack. There's no way we can deport 11-12+ million under the current deportation rules - too costly and would take too long. And there's no point in going through the time and expense in deporting those "good ones" who you plan to let back in. But I guess it all sounds good to some people who don't know any better.

I actually do kinda like the outline of his tax plan - but of course the devil is often found in the details. The only thing I'd change offhand is to tax the lower earners 5% instead of 0%. If everyone has a little skin in the game, it will be easier to hopefully reduce the size of government someday, and to do away with so much of the fraud, waste, and abuse that goes on.

We'd have far less national debt if every govt hack didn't overpay his contractor cronies for every little thing, for instance. If we only paid $5 per hammer instead of $5k, and $1 million for a $1 mil website instead of $5 billion, we'd probably be in far better fiscal shape.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
His ideas on the illegal immigration issue are also whack. There's no way we can deport 11-12+ million under the current deportation rules - too costly and would take too long. And there's no point in going through the time and expense in deporting those "good ones" who you plan to let back in. But I guess it all sounds good to some people who don't know any better.

I actually do kinda like the outline of his tax plan - but of course the devil is often found in the details. The only thing I'd change offhand is to tax the lower earners 5% instead of 0%. If everyone has a little skin in the game, it will be easier to hopefully reduce the size of government someday, and to do away with so much of the fraud, waste, and abuse that goes on.

We'd have far less national debt if every govt hack didn't overpay his contractor cronies for every little thing, for instance. If we only paid $5 per hammer instead of $5k, and $1 million for a $1 mil website instead of $5 billion, we'd probably be in far better fiscal shape.

I've always wondered why opponents of immigration reform get away with doing nothing because you can't deport 11-12 million people. Of course you can't, but that doesn't mean you can't do a much better job in preventing the next person from entering illegally.

IMO, you build a fence across the vast majority of the border to allow border control agents to better focus their efforts in areas most needed. Further, you start enforcing the rules against hiring illegals by jacking up the civil fines and makes a public spectacle of a few violators by making some executives who've hired illegals do the perp walk. That drives down the demand for hiring the illegals, and then some percentage of the 11-12 million illegals choose to deport themselves. After all, they're not here to assimilate because they want to become Americans, the vast majority instead are here just for the work and they still have their family and owe their allegiance to Mexico. If the work here isn't sufficiently plentiful, they'll go back home.

You also start to pare back public benefits to anyone without a valid SS number. Anyone caught with a fake SS# gets deported. That will discourage them from using the fake papers.

So I don't think we should, or need to, conduct SWAT raids on illegals to deport them. You just enforce the border and enforce our present laws against hiring them, and make the demand for their labor decrease, and a good part of the problem fixes itself.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tommy, I agree with everything you just said. Let me play devils advocate here for a second.

When those illegals start heading back home, who will work the fields, work the car washes, do the landscaping jobs, the low wage labor jobs mainly in construction and manufacturing that no legal citizen is gonna do? That's my concern, because I love my fruits and veggies, my car getting a good wash, a nice looking yard and the lawns of businesses and so on.

I see it as a complex problem that just can't be fixed with one or two sound bites or ideas like Trump says. I want it both ways, I want illegals gone and stop milking our social services, but I also realize they have engrained themselves in to the fabric of our society and see how much they contribute and make things a Lil easier for the rest of us. My 2cc's

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
It will force the wage to rise for those positions which, in turn will force wages up for all other types of work.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
It will force the wage to rise for those positions which, in turn will force wages up for all other types of work.

This isn't going to fix the issue, but it will certainly help..force those who don't work and who are physically able to do so, to work. If their handicapped help them find job placement that could offer accommodation in such cases. Don't give them opportunity to enjoy this lifestyle, force them to be a productive member of society like the rest of us. Zero taxes is a good incentive. Maybe some hugely discount insurance programs to get them off Medicaid.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

It will also force the price of those goods/services up as well. Increase paid for by the comsumer. Back to square one.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I've always wondered why opponents of immigration reform get away with doing nothing because you can't deport 11-12 million people. Of course you can't, but that doesn't mean you can't do a much better job in preventing the next person from entering illegally.

IMO, you build a fence across the vast majority of the border to allow border control agents to better focus their efforts in areas most needed. Further, you start enforcing the rules against hiring illegals by jacking up the civil fines and makes a public spectacle of a few violators by making some executives who've hired illegals do the perp walk. That drives down the demand for hiring the illegals, and then some percentage of the 11-12 million illegals choose to deport themselves. After all, they're not here to assimilate because they want to become Americans, the vast majority instead are here just for the work and they still have their family and owe their allegiance to Mexico. If the work here isn't sufficiently plentiful, they'll go back home.

You also start to pare back public benefits to anyone without a valid SS number. Anyone caught with a fake SS# gets deported. That will discourage them from using the fake papers.

So I don't think we should, or need to, conduct SWAT raids on illegals to deport them. You just enforce the border and enforce our present laws against hiring them, and make the demand for their labor decrease, and a good part of the problem fixes itself.

Not really disagreeing with you but it was a disaster when Alabama started to enforce a bunch of immigration laws.
Farmers just couldnt get qualified help to do the job needed. They ended up "forgetting" the laws.
They even tried to use prison labor but didnt work at all.
I think Vice did a segment on it. Its very interesting.

We need to secure the border for sure. No point in talking about deportation, etc before its fixed.
Need a much better guest worker program too. When this is fixed, then we deal with the ones thats here.

Trump comes across as a drunk college kid.
Got great one line suggestions but not much of real plans.
He is so full of him self that its funny. He really think he can build a fence and have the Mexican government pay for it?
He think he can convince everybody in the world to do what he wants.
The ego is scary big... Cant see he really last in this race.
I think when shit gets into details he will fail.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Unlike Trump who has no details, besides building a wall, this is what president RAIDEN would do. (Please feel free to comment, disagree, or offer suggestions on my proposal)

The number of illegals hover around 11 million, ball park, no one knows exact number. But we will say 15 million for the sake of argument. Out of 15 million, let's say 11 million comply and go along with this proposal.

Step 1. Register for possible citizenship, which then issued a worker ID number, which allows you to be taxed, tracked, and in the system.

Step 2. Find and maintain at least part time employment, minimum 20- 24 hours a week.

Step 3. Enroll in a English class, community college or a acreddited school/program.

Step 4. Pay a 35,000$ fine for each person, or 50,000$ fine for a family of 3 or more. This would be paid over a 4-6 year period. Monthly payments based on a 3 tier income bracket.

If we have 5 million individuals at that price, it brings in 175 billion on the course of 4-6 years
If we have 6 million families at that price, it brings in 300 billion.
Total of 475 billion.
Might not seem like a lot of money, but it's not designed to keep them in debt forever. Also it gets them off of social services like welfare food stamps etc. Now they've become self sufficient.

If you have other numbers, throw them up.

Step 5. Volunteer 1 weekend a month for 16 months to the National Guard.

Step 6. Get your citizenship.

And if at any time you break the law, you forfeit all money paid, and lose potential citizenship.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic