Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Trump jumps in: The Donald's latest White House run is officially on

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Trump's recent foreign policy views are also wrong IMO. We cannot simply let Russia "take care of Isis". Russia will restructure the ME for their own benefit, strengthen themselves dramatically on the world stage, and fill the vacuum Obama has created by retreating from that stage.

Putin will also take the oil Bush should have taken for us a decade ago.

I hear sooo many with this point of view... As long as you encourage and raise your Children to enlist and fight you have my respect. Personally I say let him have the middle east. Russia and China already have the oil contracts locked up for the next 20 years and we CAN NOT touch a drop of the oil because of feel good liberals and the pc enviroment. Look what happened to them in Afghanistan. No Infidels will be tolerated for long and a million slices will have them looking for a exit at some point.
Let them fight each other for a while, at least Russia and China will not handcuff or imprison their Soldiers for killing moslem enemies. They will Decorate and Honor them for doing what was asked of them

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
You didn't read my post....It would not cost us 1 cent. As a matter of fact it would save us Billions of tax dollars.
Simple question did we pay them to come here? No, they will leave when the money spigot is cut off.

I now you're a die hard Republican and like the cheap labor but sometimes The Nation has to come 1st. It will probably effect my business but I am willing to take the pain for Future Americans.

Immigration law is not exactly my area of expertise, but how do you suppose simply cutting things off to the illegals will get done in the US in this day and age of excessive political correctness and excessive regulation? I think that's wishful thinking. Even then, many who are here illegally are not getting federal aid. And many or most of those who do get entitlements probably still won't go back to the hell holes they came from if they are cut off - they'll likely stay here in this relative paradise and find ways (good or not so good) to support themselves one way or another.

It would be a long, costly process to get all 11-12 million removed, and difficult at best. It's not something that can just be accomplished in short order - those rules get in the way.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/deportation-removal/deportation.html

I say let's first elect a decent president. Then secure the border and enforce current laws.

Hopefully we can eliminate or at least greatly reduce the size and power of the IRS - taking federal civil servant union employees out of the IRS and sticking them on the border as border agents would be a good idea, as Ted Cruz has said... a pipe dream perhaps, but a very good idea if it could be done.

Let's find the illegals who commit violent crimes here first. Try them and punish them accordingly if we can convict them. If we can't convict them, deport them ASAP.

Then let's find the illegals who may not have done anything wrong here, but who have violent criminal backgrounds - let's get the Tony Montanas out of here who were released from foreign prisons before they too can do much harm. If they come back in, try them as criminals and lock them away for at least a few years.

Finding and deporting the remaining illegals who are not violent criminals - and who likely have done no more than come here illegally, and perhaps evaded taxes and perhaps received some govt aid - is just not as big of a priority as finding and deporting/locking up the others who have or likely will commit violent crimes.

I'm not really a die-hard Republican, believe it or not. The Republican platform makes the most sense to me, and is closer to what I think would be ideal. But the Republican party itself has problems and things about it I don't like. I am very frustrated with the GOP establishment's lack of a spine, and the way they let Obama and the media walk all over them and frighten them into submission on everything.

I'm a fiscal conservative, constitutional-ist, and a social libertarian who believes in a strong foreign policy and national defense to protect our interests. I served 4 years in the military myself many years ago, and I feel that I therefore have the right to lobby for a foreign policy that is strong and not isolationist. If we simply do nothing and let the Putins and others of the world take over more and more, it will bite us in the ass sooner or later.

I don't really care about religion, gay marriage, etc - I'm concerned with fiscal sanity, individual liberties and freedoms, adherence to the Constitution, and a strong military. I am turned off by Republicans who are pro-big govt, who are too hung up on social issues, too weak on foreign policy, and too cozy with the short-sighted national chamber of commerce and especially with the Democrat opposition.

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Eisenhower sent 1 million illegals back after WW2. When word got out about it, roughly 500,000+ self deported. What a mean guy.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Immigration law is not exactly my area of expertise, but how do you suppose simply cutting things off to the illegals will get done in the US in this day and age of excessive political correctness and excessive regulation? I think that's wishful thinking. Even then, many who are here illegally are not getting federal aid. And many or most of those who do get entitlements probably still won't go back to the hell holes they came from if they are cut off - they'll likely stay here in this relative paradise and find ways (good or not so good) to support themselves one way or another.

It would be a long, costly process to get all 11-12 million removed, and difficult at best. It's not something that can just be accomplished in short order - those rules get in the way.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/deportation-removal/deportation.html

I say let's first elect a decent president. Then secure the border and enforce current laws.

Hopefully we can eliminate or at least greatly reduce the size and power of the IRS - taking federal civil servant union employees out of the IRS and sticking them on the border as border agents would be a good idea, as Ted Cruz has said... a pipe dream perhaps, but a very good idea if it could be done.

Let's find the illegals who commit violent crimes here first. Try them and punish them accordingly if we can convict them. If we can't convict them, deport them ASAP.

Then let's find the illegals who may not have done anything wrong here, but who have violent criminal backgrounds - let's get the Tony Montanas out of here who were released from foreign prisons before they too can do much harm. If they come back in, try them as criminals and lock them away for at least a few years.

Finding and deporting the remaining illegals who are not violent criminals - and who likely have done no more than come here illegally, and perhaps evaded taxes and perhaps received some govt aid - is just not as big of a priority as finding and deporting/locking up the others who have or likely will commit violent crimes.

I'm not really a die-hard Republican, believe it or not. The Republican platform makes the most sense to me, and is closer to what I think would be ideal. But the Republican party itself has problems and things about it I don't like. I am very frustrated with the GOP establishment's lack of a spine, and the way they let Obama and the media walk all over them and frighten them into submission on everything.

I'm a fiscal conservative, constitutional-ist, and a social libertarian who believes in a strong foreign policy and national defense to protect our interests. I served 4 years in the military myself many years ago, and I feel that I therefore have the right to lobby for a foreign policy that is strong and not isolationist. If we simply do nothing and let the Putins and others of the world take over more and more, it will bite us in the ass sooner or later.

I don't really care about religion, gay marriage, etc - I'm concerned with fiscal sanity, individual liberties and freedoms, adherence to the Constitution, and a strong military. I am turned off by Republicans who are pro-big govt, who are too hung up on social issues, too weak on foreign policy, and too cozy with the short-sighted national chamber of commerce and especially with the Democrat opposition.

How can you be for a STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE if you believe we can't control our own Country? It is in OUR National Defense interest to know who these 20 million plus are AND to be able to kick them out if we deem so. If not we are finished as a Sovereign Nation. Kinda the whole meaning of a Sovereign Nation...

Eisenhower sent 1 million illegals back after WW2. When word got out about it, roughly 500,000+ self deported. What a mean guy.

Thank You.. This when PC Bullshit did not enter Our Leaders thought process. I had Family directly impacted by WWII Policies. God Bless America and the Men who had the nads to do what had to be done to protect our Sovereignty

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
How can you be for a STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE if you believe we can't control our own Country? It is in OUR National Defense interest to know who these 20 million plus are AND to be able to kick them out if we deem so. If not we are finished as a Sovereign Nation. Kinda the whole meaning of a Sovereign Nation...

Thank You.. This when PC Bullshit did not enter Our Leaders thought process. I had Family directly impacted by WWII Policies. God Bless America and the Men who had the nads to do what had to be done to protect our Sovereignty

I'm not saying I'm against getting illegals out of here and especially keeping new ones out - but I have said repeatedly that we need to prioritize it. We need to get the obvious dangerous ones locked up or kept out permanently first and foremost.

I don't see how Trump would be able to round up 11+ million in short order and get them out of here in his first term. Even if he was able to dismantle the IRS, EPA, Depts of Education and Labor, etc and put them on the illegal immigrant problem, I think there would likely be many challenges from the left, the courts, etc.

And I cannot understand why he wants to first deport ALL illegals, THEN "bring back the good ones". Why not concentrate on getting the dangerous ones out and keeping them out, then working out a system for the "good ones" that doesn't waste time, manpower, and money first kicking them out, THEN bringing them back?

I don't think you'll ever get ALL of them out, but perhaps with many years of concentrated effort the situation could be improved dramatically. But I think it would take several terms of Republicans in the White House who don't cower to the left's and the Chamber's wishes for a completely open border with blanket amnesty. But it will cost lots of money. And the bad thing is that when a Dem or RINO bought off by the Chamber would get in, they'd probably go right back to an open border, amnesty, no enforcement of laws, etc.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm with JR on the practical issues with addressing the problem. But republicans want the illegals here to have lots of cheap labor, and democrats want the illegals here because they're hoping that they can turn those illegals into dem voters, and if not them, at least their offspring. Both parties are looking very short term, and causing us as a society to commit cultural societal suicide.

We need to take the incentives for both parties to accommodate the illegals away from them. Then set priorities for fixing the mess we're in. JR's priorities make sense to me.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010

This model Eisenhower used was successful, I don't see why it can't be done again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic