Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

To Be A Bodybuilder, Eat Like A Bodybuilder

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Outstanding post woodwise! Love it brother, it will help many people out. It definitely has me. People need the breakdowns and the equations, good stuff.

Thanks Bro, I would give you a thank you but I am out of thanks atm.

Quick update:

During bulking, I got up to nearly 6,000 Kcals per day, very clean eating, and continued to gain nicely, but started to get too fat, so I cut it back quite a bit. Also the holiday parties are too much temptation and I am getting an occasional piece of pie or cake and eggnog. So I am trying to finish the month without gaining or losing.

Starting January 1, I am going to cut. I'll try to post what I am doing then, so folks can see what I am actually eating and doing each day.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

Quick update:

During bulking, I got up to nearly 6,000 Kcals per day, very clean eating, and continued to gain nicely, but started to get too fat, so I cut it back quite a bit. Also the holiday parties are too much temptation and I am getting an occasional piece of pie or cake and eggnog. So I am trying to finish the month without gaining or losing.

Starting January 1, I am going to cut. I'll try to post what I am doing then, so folks can see what I am actually eating and doing each day.

Can't wait to see the log bro. Curious to see your food type split. Good luck with the maintenance until jan, I'm sure we are all going to struggle a bit these next few weeks.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wood wise, another program to track your macros is my fitness pal.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

Quick update:

I have been thinking of starting a log as well when I start cutting. I Was thinking I might get down to 8-9% again this year like I did the first year, but still not sure. Will be out of town right in the middle of it all, which doesn't help much, but I will do the best I can.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have been thinking of starting a log as well when I start cutting. I Was thinking I might get down to 8-9% again this year like I did the first year, but still not sure. Will be out of town right in the middle of it all, which doesn't help much, but I will do the best I can.

I think a log will help quite a bit, because it will both hold you accountable (at least it does for me), and will give you a roadmap to see what is working and what is not. I hope you have much success with your weight loss bro.

Stinky Tofu

Stinky Tofu

Aug 3, 2013
Wood wise, another program to track your macros is my fitness pal.

this.

I just got that app and its great. This will be the first time since college that I will be logging and measuring my food. Myfitnesspal makes it so much easier

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Duplicate Post.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
So I bulked from September 1 to December 31. My cut starts today. As my previous two cuts, it will be low (almost zero) carbs, with quite a bit of fats in there for energy.

My trainer measured me at 23%bf on Thursday, when I weighed 255# (250 on my bathroom scale). This means I have approximately 196lbs Lean Body Mass (LBM).* According to my trainer's formula, I should start my diet at 2,800 Kcals per day. If I am losing more than 2lbs weight per week, we'll adjust that up somewhat, and if I am losing less, then we'll adjust that down.

Using the formula I came up with, BMR = 500 + (10 x 196 LBM) I calculate my BMR to be 2,460. When we figure in my moderately active lifestyle with a factor of 1.4, my maintenance Kcals should be 2460 x 1.4 = 3,444. To start this cut, I should be about 500Kcals below maintenance, or 2,944 according to my formula. Not very far from my trainer's estimate of 2,800Kcals.

* Before any of you calls me out on losing LBM during this bulk (see my sept 22 post -- post #6 above) I have to disclaim that the 17% bf measurement was a guess and not measurement. I had started the bulk at 18% bf and thought I might have gained more muscle and water than fat, so my percentage might have gone down. In hindsight, I realize this was wrong. This just emphasizes how wrong we all are likely to be when we guestimate about our %bf. The only way to know for sure is to measure. Calipers are better than no measurement, but are not the most accurate. They are the easiest way to do it, though and that is what my trainer uses.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
So what does a 2,800Kcal ketogenic diet menu look like? Here's what I'll be trying to eat today:

Breakfast
6 whole eggs
2 sausage links (I'll be switching to all bacon next week, as recommended by my trainer)

Snack
1 oz English Walnuts (17 halves)
1 scoop whey protein
(on workout days I will add 12 oz gatorade with my protein shake to take advantage of the anabolic window if it exists)

Lunch
16 oz Haddock
1 oz peas

Second Meal
10 oz chicken breast (no skin, no bones)
1 oz peas

Supper
10 oz chicken breast
1 oz peas

Bedtime
1 cup whole milk cottage cheese (for casein absorption overnight)

This comes out (on fitday.com) to 2,850 Kcals; 124.9g fats; 24.7g carbs; 389.3g protein

Last edited:
sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
So what does a 2,800Kcal ketogenic diet menu look like? Here's what I'll be trying to eat today:

Breakfast
6 whole eggs
2 sausage links (I'll be switching to all bacon next week, as recommended by my trainer)

Snack
1 oz English Walnuts (17 halves)
1 scoop whey protein
(on workout days I will add 12 oz gatorade with my protein shake to take advantage of the anabolic window if it exists)

Lunch
16 oz Haddock
1 oz peas

Second Meal
10 oz chicken breast (no skin, no bones)
1 oz peas

Supper
10 oz chicken breast
1 oz peas

Bedtime
1 cup whole milk cottage cheese (for casein absorption overnight)

This comes out (on fitday.com) to 2,850 Kcals; 124.9g fats; 24.7g carbs; 389.3g protein

Good Luck! with the cutting Woodswise, that is about what i consume except about 80 grams of carbs but good ones, i worked it out roughly when heavy i consumed about 500 grams of carbs.

I knew not much about the nutrition till i come on here, but i still miss some of them like rice pudding and things like that.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic