Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

To Be A Bodybuilder, Eat Like A Bodybuilder

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Thanks bud. I wish I had this information 20+ years ago. My bodybuilding would have gone a lot different. At least I discovered it before it was too late for me to see some serious progress.

Folks new to the forum and the life will see this thread and the conversation it has sparked and maybe, ideally, will make providing the building blocks of growth, nutrition their emphasis rather than thinking gear is the magic bullet. Cutting 20 years off someones learning curve is a freakin' gift!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Folks new to the forum and the life will see this thread and the conversation it has sparked and maybe, ideally, will make providing the building blocks of growth, nutrition their emphasis rather than thinking gear is the magic bullet. Cutting 20 years off someones learning curve is a freakin' gift!

Thanks.

People I know who are in the business, say diet is more than half the game. If you don't have diet right, nothing else will work the way it should -- training, bulking, fatloss, AAS, etc. It amazes me that in this day and age (i.e. internet bringing the world of BBing to your home) there are guys who seem to be serious about BBing, who say things like, I eat everything in sight to get big. Unless you are an exceptional person, that will simply not work and will make most of us fat, period.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
So, if you are new to this, you are asking yourself, what does 5,000 Kcals, broken down into 400g protein, 600g carbs and 100g fats look like? Well here is what mine looks like (more or less).

Meal 1, 6:00 am.

6 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk

Meal 2, 8:30 am
10 oz chicken
10 oz rice

Meal 3, 12:00 noon
10 oz chicken
10 oz rice
1 cup peas (or corn or another fibrous veggie)

Meal 4, 4:00 pm
10 oz chicken
10 oz rice
1 cup corn

Meal 5
8 oz steak
green salad

Meal 6
cottage cheese
1 cup milk

This is what I'm looking for.... An actual breakdown of what foods and how much of it. Thanks again Woodwise, excellent thread brother!!!!!

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Great thread bro thanks for posting. Too many peoplle neglect the specifics of the diet and just eat everything only to end up fat or with no results.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I can't promise that my diet will work for everyone. But with the tools I have outlined, a person can analyze their diet, and try a strategy to see if it works for them. And if it does not, they will be able to make specific changes, to see if something else works better. That is the true benefit of being able to calculate your metabolic rate, and measuring your food so you calculate your macros and Kcals.

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
So, if you are new to this, you are asking yourself, what does 5,000 Kcals, broken down into 400g protein, 600g carbs and 100g fats look like? Well here is what mine looks like (more or less).

Meal 1, 6:00 am.

6 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup whole milk

Meal 2, 8:30 am
10 oz chicken
10 oz rice

Meal 3, 12:00 noon
10 oz chicken
10 oz rice
1 cup peas (or corn or another fibrous veggie)

Meal 4, 4:00 pm
10 oz chicken
10 oz rice
1 cup corn

Meal 5
8 oz steak
green salad

Meal 6
cottage cheese
1 cup milk

I dont think theres 400g of protein there.

I eat 5 meals a day and the protein intake is 16oz(1lb) of meat/chicken/fish per meal.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

I eat 5 meals a day and the protein intake is 16oz(1lb) of meat/chicken/fish per meal.

Ah, you're right, it's about 350g, given the chicken breasts are super lean, like tenderloins. A reg chicken breast will put this lower.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Maybe it is my food calculator. I use Fitday.com. According to that, I am well over 400g protein with this diet.

For me the key to all of this is consistency. It is not so important whether I am getting 360g of protein or 400g of protein or 460g of protein (as Fitday.com tells me I am) so long as I am getting the same amounts day in and day out, and can adjust as needed.

Using the calculators, food logs and scale, I can get a high degree of consistency in my diet and can adjust up or down on my macros or Kcals to meet my goals.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Maybe it is my food calculator. I use Fitday.com. According to that, I am well over 400g protein with this diet.

For me the key to all of this is consistency. It is not so important whether I am getting 360g of protein or 400g of protein or 460g of protein (as Fitday.com tells me I am) so long as I am getting the same amounts day in and day out, and can adjust as needed.

Using the calculators, food logs and scale, I can get a high degree of consistency in my diet and can adjust up or down on my macros or Kcals to meet my goals.

I use fitday too, but its database is highly inaccurate...I mean, HIGHLY inaccurate. I use almost all custom entries. The only foods I don't use custom entries for are either foods I don't have info for, or foods that cannot vary based on weight or volume, like milk, vggies etc. Meats are going to be a crap shoot on there a lot of times.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Holy crap. That's a lot of meat. How much protein are you getting each day? What food log are you using?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Because my weightgain slowed, I increased the amount of meat I am eating from 12 oz every meal to 16 oz and 14 oz. This week (after a three week pause in weight gain) I am gaining again! Woo Hoo!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Outstanding post woodwise! Love it brother, it will help many people out. It definitely has me. People need the breakdowns and the equations, good stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic