Thoughts on vegan lifestyle ?

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by Ironbound, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Would you be able to live without chicken, eggs and milk ?

1. No

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Already vegetarian

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Already vegan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Meat is essential fuel for the muscle !

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Ironbound

Ironbound Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Hey,

A friend of mine is trying to push me into watching a new netflix documentary called What the health by Kip Andersen... according to this documentary Eggs, Milk and Chicken are terrible for you. They managed to indoctrinate this friend of mine
    so badly that she is abruptly going to stop drinking milk and keeps telling me now that chicken is uber evil.

Me personally ? I think it sounds like vegan propaganda with sensationalist scare tactics. I cannot imagine a diet without eggs, low fat milk or chicken......

Thoughts ?

2. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Everyone will try to convince to be more like them. Just stick to what you like. Personally, I won't go vegan.

Ironbound likes this.
  3. Mrhat

Mrhat VIP Member

Jan 8, 2014
    I tried it just recently. I was feeling better than I had in a long time. But it takes a Real man to eat like that.

Mrhat

Ironbound likes this.
  4. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Does your friend completely revamp her lifestyle every time she watches a movie?

Rottenrogue and Ironbound like this.
  5. Ironbound

Ironbound Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Not usually but I guess the sensationalism worked and put the fear of God in her lol

6. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I watched the film too. Lot's of hearsay and few Peer Reviewed References. Not convinced by a long shot but would certainly be open to a complete Plant Based Protein diet if the theory presented proved out.

Ironbound likes this.
  7. kid666

kid666 VIP Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I gotta have red meat. Its just not conceivable for me not to have steak, roast beef , lean meats in my diet.
    And if someone tries to pass me a veggie burger at a 4th of July BBQ, today,im prolly gonna slap the shit out of them.

mgid006 and Ironbound like this.
  8. FLEXjs

FLEXjs TID Board Of Directors

Apr 23, 2012
    I honestly don't know how I would even survive being vegan.

I never eat fruit; has no protein in it. Don't like most veggies. If you took meat and eggs and dairy out of my diet the only thing left would be potatoes, rice and pasta. WTF?

Ironbound likes this.
  9. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Protein doesn't fuel the body but it does build the body. Without protein sources from animal meat, you'll find it difficult to get the amounts you'll need for your body to flourish in our lifestyle.

Mrhat and Ironbound like this.
  10. Ironbound

Ironbound Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Meanwhile I'll munch on some boiled eggs before heading to the gym

11. DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I think you can live off of just meat, but I'm not sure how healthy it is. I remember reading that the Lewis and Clark expedition the men ate upwards of 9 pounds of meat a day because all they did was forage and hunt. That comes out to like 16000 calories...

12. sityslicker1

sityslicker1 TID Board Of Directors

Oct 6, 2010
    Anyone else notice these vegans and vegetarians always look malnourished- pale, frail, split end hairs? Occasionally there eill be a chubby one with rosey cheeks, but rare.

I don't buy into these type of diets. Were meant to eat both meats and vegetables.

Littleguy, Go Away and kid666 like this.