jacobss
What's New?

Thoughts on Nitric oxide

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
NO = Bullshit

If you want a "gainer" shake - just buy a whey isolate and add however many oats you want to it for carbs. Can even add olive oil or peanut butter for fats... Or flax for that matter.

As for the creatine... Lolsoz how many times have we told you to stop "cycling" that stuff? Just stay on it. No reason to come off. Its not steroids and at 10g per day or less its not hurting your kidneys.
I agree with pretty much everything in that post. NO is often marketed alongside slogans such as 'experience skin ripping pumps' and other OTT claims. Yeah sure, pumps are pretty cool when they happen, but they are pretty meaningless in the big picture of gaining muscle mass. If your diet is good and you're able to focus on developing a mind-to-muscle connection, this is all you need. Save your money and spend it on some quality food ~ or if you're going to use it on supplements buy a decent protein and creatine. You'll get much better results on that and maybe even save some $$ in the process.

Not a lot of people know that beetroot and beetroot juice is fantastic IMO and a great, natural source of nitrates.

Mconniff

Mconniff

Nov 11, 2011
Okay, so it would appear I kicked over an ant hill. I like the activity And the wonderful replies. Now lets take it up a notch.

With there being two major types of Protien (Soy & Whey). One is good after a workout and the other during, which type in your opinion would be best to use with Micronized Creatine?

Also why are so many folks using NO2, and getting results? Placebo... Or are they mixing it with something else in their pre-workout mix that boosts theirs gains?

Ty

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
NO = Bullshit

If you want a "gainer" shake - just buy a whey isolate and add however many oats you want to it for carbs. Can even add olive oil or peanut butter for fats... Or flax for that matter.

As for the creatine... Lolsoz how many times have we told you to stop "cycling" that stuff? Just stay on it. No reason to come off. Its not steroids and at 10g per day or less its not hurting your kidneys.

That is exactly how I roll and what I tell people that want a good gainer shake. Make your own. Your in control of what your taking without having to deal with crap carbs and fillers. I actually bought a coffee grinder to grind my oats. I'll go something like 1 scoop of isolate, 1 cup liquid egg whites (eggwhies international) 2 cups of ground oats a couple table spoons of peanut or almond butter and a little milk on top of that. Sometimes I'll add blue berries. Sometimes 1 cup of oats then add a banana etc. way cheaper and better for you.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Okay, so it would appear I kicked over an ant hill. I like the activity And the wonderful replies. Now lets take it up a notch.

With there being two major types of Protien (Soy & Whey). One is good after a workout and the other during, which type in your opinion would be best to use with Micronized Creatine?

Also why are so many folks using NO2, and getting results? Placebo... Or are they mixing it with something else in their pre-workout mix that boosts theirs gains?

Ty

I would stay away from soy but that's just me. As far as NO2 what are you exactly wanting? Pump? Energy? If pump I'm a firm believer that if your diet is right say with carbs the pump will be there. If energy I would just use caffeine. And save your money. In all reality I'm an old school guy and don't rely on a pre work out in my arsenal for the most part. They didn't have that stuff back in the day and training was fantastic. Creatine can give you great pumps!!! Anyway try not to get overwhelmed with all the hype products out there and keep it simple.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Using Cem's NO Product mainly because I got it for free with points and the pump is pretty cool and I feel like I have some Increased endurance ... I would stick to Karbolyn , creatine and aminos pwo tho

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Using Cem's NO Product mainly because I got it for free with points and the pump is pretty cool and I feel like I have some Increased endurance ... I would stick to Karbolyn , creatine and aminos pwo tho

If its working for you and you are happy with the results then that's all that really maters. Keep doing what work!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Ty

There is really no need for an intra-workout protein... I generally avoid soy altogether because Monsanto is a piece of crap and ruined that food pretty much entirely.

Also you state as a fact that people are getting results from NO2. Where do you see this? In the magazines? In your gym? Who is to say that they wouldn't have made gains without it? I remember when I was a stupid noob that fell pray to Muscletech's jive I would take my nano vapor drink and go kick the shit out of myself in the gym. Great pumps, intense workouts. It was great. And if I forgot it I would have a shitty workout. But then when I realized that it was just the caffeine doing all the work, I started having coffee or a caffeine tab pre workout and kept the same intensity.

If you think that's all just broscience... It is. Read my title.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013

Ty

I would recommend whey over soy any time. Could be supplement co. science but I once read that soy increases estrogen so that does it for me.

I would venture to say that people are getting results from NO products because they are usually full of stimulants. There is no debate that stimulants can make you work harder in the gym. There is also a study that says 7 grams of arginine can increase GH, but that is probably BS and you never get 7 grams in a serving of an NO product.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I think some of it is time released molecules of l argenine ... Theoretically you could build up a pretty hefty bioavailability dose if the half life were long enough ..

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Argenine alpha keyoglutirate I think at 3 grams daily

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Just drink a good, strong coffee pre-wo if you want to have something. It won't break the bank and it's been extensively studied and is a legitimate ergogenic aid.

Mconniff

Mconniff

Nov 11, 2011
There is really no need for an intra-workout protein... I generally avoid soy altogether because Monsanto is a piece of crap and ruined that food pretty much entirely.

Also you state as a fact that people are getting results from NO2. Where do you see this? In the magazines? In your gym? Who is to say that they wouldn't have made gains without it? I remember when I was a stupid noob that fell pray to Muscletech's jive I would take my nano vapor drink and go kick the shit out of myself in the gym. Great pumps, intense workouts. It was great. And if I forgot it I would have a shitty workout. But then when I realized that it was just the caffeine doing all the work, I started having coffee or a caffeine tab pre workout and kept the same intensity.

If you think that's all just broscience... It is. Read my title.

This was good, because "they" was close friends at the gym (things that worked for them), or publications that I would come across.

One of the reasons I ask is because I am on a budget and would like real people answers that are not like "look what it did to me" ( when I don't have the workout intensity or time he/she does ) or the deep pockets that a lot of folks seem to have. I am retired US Army and enjoy going to the gym and maintaining what I have but still wish to tone up a bit. Energy seems to be an issue now more because of my age than it was when I was just younger and staying up late for various reasons.

Thank-you

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic