Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Thoughts on Nitric oxide

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
There is really no need for an intra-workout protein... I generally avoid soy altogether because Monsanto is a piece of crap and ruined that food pretty much entirely.

Also you state as a fact that people are getting results from NO2. Where do you see this? In the magazines? In your gym? Who is to say that they wouldn't have made gains without it? I remember when I was a stupid noob that fell pray to Muscletech's jive I would take my nano vapor drink and go kick the shit out of myself in the gym. Great pumps, intense workouts. It was great. And if I forgot it I would have a shitty workout. But then when I realized that it was just the caffeine doing all the work, I started having coffee or a caffeine tab pre workout and kept the same intensity.

If you think that's all just broscience... It is. Read my title.
Good post.

Mconniff

Mconniff

Nov 11, 2011
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my questions.

Thank-you

M

ManOfSteel

Oct 19, 2013
I use Powerstrips to boost my NO.... they also speed my recovery time. miraclestrips.com

M

Max B

Jan 13, 2014
NO is great for many reasons, add l arginine pills to your daily regime thank me later.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
NO is great for many reasons, add l arginine pills to your daily regime thank me later.

Supplemental arginine does not raise NO for a few major reasons. If you apply it intravenously, different story.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
arginine / NO products enhance your pump, period.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Supplemental arginine does not raise NO for a few major reasons. If you apply it intravenously, different story.

I do notice / see a better pump using arginine but I've never tried injecting it.

Better pump = stretch muscle fascia / with proper nutrition = gains

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
As far as a pump, that's not how it works. (FST-7 is a joke)

Back to arginine, there are too many studies in relevant populations with relevant parameters showing that it does not elevate nitric oxide.

Not all NO supps are useless. Arginine based NO supps are useless.

So what will give you pumps? Look for products with nitrates, agmatine, norvaline, citrulline, ArA, GMS, or GPLC.

Of those, which ones will give you a functional pump that actually increases performance? Nitrates, agmatine, and citrulline. (muscle endurance, lactate metabolism, etc.)

No effect of short-term arginine supplementation on nitric oxide production
1: J Nutr Biochem. 2008 Aug 15. [Epub ahead of print]Click here to read Links
No effect of short-term arginine supplementation on nitric oxide production, metabolism and performance in intermittent exercise in athletes.
Liu TH, Wu CL, Chiang CW, Lo YW, Tseng HF, Chang CK.

Department of Physical Education, Taiwan Sport University, 404 Taichung, Taiwan.

Arginine supplementation has been shown to alleviate endothelial dysfunction and improve exercise performance through increasing nitric oxide production in patients with cardiopulmonary diseases. In addition, arginine supplementation could decrease accumulations of lactate and ammonia, metabolites involved in development of muscular fatigue. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of short-term arginine supplementation on performance in intermittent anaerobic exercise and the underlying mechanism in well-trained male athletes. Ten elite male college judo athletes participated with a randomized crossover, placebo-controlled design. The subjects consumed 6 g/day arginine (ARG trial) or placebo (CON trial) for 3 days then performed an intermittent anaerobic exercise test on a cycle ergometer. Blood samples were collected before supplementation, before and during exercise and 0, 3, 6, 10, 30 and 60 min after exercise. ARG trial had significantly higher arginine concentrations than CON trial at the same time point before, during and after exercise. In both trials, nitrate and nitrite concentration was significantly higher during and 6 min after exercise comparing to the basal concentration. The increase in nitrate and nitrite concentration during exercise in both trials was parallel to the increase in plasma citrulline concentrations. There was no significant difference between the 2 trials in plasma nitrate and nitrite, lactate and ammonia concentrations and peak and average power in the exercise. The results of this study suggested that arginine supplementation had no effect on nitric oxide production, lactate and ammonia metabolism and performance in intermittent anaerobic exercise in well-trained male athletes.

Last edited:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I agree with pretty much everything that everyone has said. But if you are going to get a product for pump and energy no matter what, check out agmatine sulfate. There are a handful of pre workouts using it now wit creatine and caffeine. Great stuff!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic