What's New?

The Secret to 23" arms revealed.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Whats synthol

I don't know if that's a joke or not but if it's not:

Some bodybuilders, particularly at professional level, inject substances such as "site enhancement oil", commonly known as synthol, to mimic the appearance of developed muscle where it may otherwise be disproportionate or lagging. This is known as "fluffing".[34][35] Synthol is 85% oil, 7.5% lidocaine, and 7.5% alcohol.[34] It is not restricted, as it is ostensibly sold for topical use only, and many brands are available on the internet.[36] The use of injected oil to enhance muscle appearance in the late 19th century was abandoned[citation needed] due to health risks such as sclerosing lipogranuloma. Its use was revived more recently by bodybuilders.[37][38] Use can cause pulmonary embolisms, nerve damage, infections, stroke,[34] and the formation of oil-filled granulomas, cysts or ulcers in the muscle.[38][39][40] Sesame oil is often used, which can cause allergic reactions such as vasculitis.[41] An aesthetic issue is drooping of muscle under gravity.[36]

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Does that really sound like a valid point when a 6x Mr Olympia spent that amount of time in the gym training in one week ? Thats the kind of myth spouted by someone who has never stepped foot in a gym, how many times has a wide eyed kid said to you " man you must train for six hours a day " My point is don't follow the pros , you will get better advice from the guys on this site who have been in the trenches , hold down a job , devoured every BB magazine and DVD known to man and still sweated blood for a quarter of an inch on their biceps .

Good point. When I tell people I'm in and out of the gym in less than an hour they are surprised by that for some reason.

Gloves78

Gloves78

Mar 2, 2013
I don't know if that's a joke or not but if it's not:

Some bodybuilders, particularly at professional level, inject substances such as "site enhancement oil", commonly known as synthol, to mimic the appearance of developed muscle where it may otherwise be disproportionate or lagging. This is known as "fluffing".[34][35] Synthol is 85% oil, 7.5% lidocaine, and 7.5% alcohol.[34] It is not restricted, as it is ostensibly sold for topical use only, and many brands are available on the internet.[36] The use of injected oil to enhance muscle appearance in the late 19th century was abandoned[citation needed] due to health risks such as sclerosing lipogranuloma. Its use was revived more recently by bodybuilders.[37][38] Use can cause pulmonary embolisms, nerve damage, infections, stroke,[34] and the formation of oil-filled granulomas, cysts or ulcers in the muscle.[38][39][40] Sesame oil is often used, which can cause allergic reactions such as vasculitis.[41] An aesthetic issue is drooping of muscle under gravity.[36]

No joke thanks mate. I had no idea people did that

ReadyFW

ReadyFW

Oct 1, 2011
Looks like synthol, anyways he is a ****ing monsta

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic