Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

The Jungle

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Nice benchwork 4G... I could see you added some arch which is great. You wobble a bit, but I don't think thats because you don't have tightness in the body, I think thats from the narrow grip that you use. If you're comfortable with that I guess I shouldn't push it but watch the grips of these guys and notice the short range of motion because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
wow that is a hellaciously heavy benchpress. yeah i have tried a grip that wide before and it wrecks my left shoulder. it doesnt even matter the weight either. i have used 95 pounds and had it twinge but then used 280 and had nothing go wrong. i am going to take your advice and widen out a little more on the grip. there is too much tricep too soon with the grip i am using now.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
The benching and the rows are looking good G-man!

thanks II. i am liking those high rep heavy rows. i think my plan next week will be 100x25, 125x20, 150x15. that is what i will shoot for anyway. i figure even if i fail to reach all those reps i will have a place to measure progress from.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
5/3/1 Cycle 1
Week 2- 3x3

Day 4- Squat

Squat
135x8
185x8
220x3
250x3
285x5(Rep PR)

Hyperextensions
BWx21
25x15
35x15
45x16
BWx15

Front Squats
135x10
155x8
135x12
95x15

Ab Wheel
BWx25
BWx21
BWx17

NOTES
Squat- hell to the yes :D these went awesome again this week. focusing on breaking at the hips and hip drive in general has these going up smoothly and hitting depth easily. might have been able to get a couple more reps but the bar slammed the safety rails of the squat rack. someone else was using the power rack for deadlifts with resistance bands.
Hyperextensions- love them so far. definitely feel these all in the low back so i am guessing i am doing them right lol.
Front Squats- been a few weeks since i tried these. i am happy with these tonight. they nailed the quads. i am probably going to do these as an assistance exercise once a week. they emphasize quads ALOT and allow me to hit the same depth in the hole(no TWSS) as when i was using high bar squat. keeping my flexibility is important to me mostly because i had to check my ego hard to get it!
Ab Wheel- not sure why but i wanted 60 reps atleast on these tonight and it didnt matter how many sets i had to do to get it. not sure why such a random number popped into my head but i went with it.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
Week 2 Review

Press- Excellent
Deadlift- Good
Benchpress- sucked but will work on tweaking form a little more
Squat- hell yeah!!! getting better and better.

lol my press went better this week as well as deads and squats. wasnt to satisfied with benchpress as i was hoping for ATLEAST 245x5 but missed that by a rep.

but i did meet and beat all the reps needed to go on so looking forward to next week.

i am going to do conditioning atleast twice a week when possible. my work schedule determines alot of that unfortunately. i dont log my cardio in either BTW. i am getting cardio(usually a LISS type session) twice a week. i usually only do 3- 3.5. i am working on getting that 3 miles in under 24 minutes. i am nowhere near that lol.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
you should be able to load up to 50 pics in your gallery. i just go to edit and load and then browse and blah blah blah. if you are having troubles you might shoot admin a pm.

i know i dont know much but i think you are still really narrow on your bench. my bench feels better when my hands are at the far little strips in the bar. that way when my arms come down they stay in a more parallel plane with the floor. if that makes any sense. it is all physics but personally i get less stress on the joints and shoulders going a wider.

when i was 35 people used to guess my age at mid 40s. i looked old and miserable. started changing things around and here i am :) working on getting younger or atleast looking younger by the day :))

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
you should be able to load up to 50 pics in your gallery. i just go to edit and load and then browse and blah blah blah. if you are having troubles you might shoot admin a pm.

i know i dont know much but i think you are still really narrow on your bench. my bench feels better when my hands are at the far little strips in the bar. that way when my arms come down they stay in a more parallel plane with the floor. if that makes any sense. it is all physics but personally i get less stress on the joints and shoulders going a wider.

when i was 35 people used to guess my age at mid 40s. i looked old and miserable. started changing things around and here i am :) working on getting younger or atleast looking younger by the day :))

thanks figured out what i was doing wrong on the pic upload. yeah i am going to widen out my grip and see how it feels.

yeah i know what you are saying on the upper arms being more "parallel" at the bottom of the bench. i am going to try a few different grips. i know i will never be able to use the same kind of grip Tate did in that video POB posted but i think i might be able to go a good bit wider than i am using now with no issues

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
edited since i just found out again that my work schedule has cleared. so not sure what i am going to do but will probably just keep the days the same for now

Last edited:
400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
5/3/1 Cycle 1

Week 3- 5/3/1

Day 1- Press

Press
warm-up
135x5
155x3
170x4(vid)
***last set my left knee kind of gave out(no pain) and ruined the chance for a 5th rep. but i am satisfied with this set. my standing press has definitely improved as far as form and stability goes. i just need to remember that stance is an important factor as well.

DB Press
70x8
75x6
80x4(vid)
75x6
70x5

WG Pullups
BWx8
BWx8
BWx6
BWx6
BWx7

BB Skullcrushers
45x15
65x12
65x12
65x10
45x13

WG Chinups
BWx8
BWx7
BWx5

NOTES
Press- not much more to add to above notes other than to add that i only wear a belt for the last set. i am hoping this will bring up core strength a little quicker.
DB Press- this is going to remain as my main assistance move for Press. i might move it to benchpress day every once in a while but i am loving this exercise lol. BTW i start with the weaker arm on these(my right arm)
Pullups- decided not to take that first set to failure like last week and was rewarded with more reps across all the sets.
Skulls- good shit
Chinups- good shit. lats actually gave up before the biceps did.

Time: 75 minutes
Weight: 203 pounds

Last edited by a moderator:
AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
whats with everybody just standing around? LOL nice presses, you always use such a narrow grip, why?

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
lol honestly i dont know. i have always used a grip just oustside of shoulder width for these. i guess i just feel stronger from that position.

there is ALOT of standing around in that gym.... along with bad advice and quarter squats!! unless i am taking a video i usually have my headphones in to kind of drown everything out. unfortunately i can not take a vid and listen to music since i use my phone for both.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic