arcticranger
What's New?

The Jungle

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
lol thanks POB

on the front squats i was actually looking to emphasize the quads more but thanks i didnt notice the heels leaving the ground. i need to watch that a little closer. the only thing i am really trying to improve..... is everything :D i am actually looking forward to my squat workout tomorrow. i am going in with the goal of 300x6+....

Edit: i use the same reminder when doing back squats lol.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
5/3/1 Cycle 1

Week 3- 5/3/1

Day 4- Skwatzzzz
135x10
185x8 <---- this is where i knew it was going to be a hell of a workout
235x5
270x3
300x4 Belted
225x5
*** while i didnt reach my goal of 300x6 this was the first time in a looooonnnngggg time that 300 pounds went up so easily for this many reps. i also need to remember that just because it is heavy weight does not mean i need to slow down my descent!

Hyperextensions
BWx15
25x15
25x14
25x14
25x14

Walking DB Lunges
25x8 each leg

DB Lunges
25x10 each leg

Trap Bar Farmer's Walk(weight x steps)
165x30
215x40
265x30
315x22
365x12
415x16 Belted

Ab Wheel
BWx20
BWx12

NOTES
YEEEAAAAHHHH BUUDDDY!!! lol
Squats- as i mentioned above i need to speed up the descent a little but other than that this was an extremely great session.
Hyperextensions- Tore down low back very nicely
Lunges- got tired of walking around with little DBs so i did the second set in place. then i just got tired of doing DB lunges lol. i will probably be switching these up to the BB and then doing a last set of walking lunges with BW only.
TB Farmer's Walk- each set ofcourse required a TB deadlift to start it out. i felt these ALOT in the traps, forearms, and calves. i dont know if i was doing them right but i just picked it up and walked like normal.
Ab Wheel- hit abs hard. reps sucked but i wasnt really that concerned with it since i am pretty sure the rest of the workout hit abs pretty good as well.

sorry no vids again. the same guy that spotted me yesterday on bench was using the squat rack i was in today so i worked in with him and the 2 dudes he was working with. He is a powerlifter(dont know if he has competed) and he recognized what program i was using. he said he is currently using a Westside template. him and the 2 guys that he is training are probably the only 3 people i have seen hit a real squat depth consistently in this gym.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
just though i would offer my first cycle review since i will be hitting deload this week and dont see anything interesting coming out of that.

i think i am going to love this program. these were pretty lightweights i was using this cycle and i have already narrowed down form on benchpress, set or met a couple of squat PRs, and this last week destroyed the legs between the front squats, tire work, and back squats, and even those trap bar farmer's walks. this week i will probably not do anything with the tires but for conditioning run sprints and try to learn to jump rope. the tire flipping just seems like it would go against the whole "deload" in general.

also i have pretty much narrowed down my list of assistance exercises, atleast until i find a weakspot that needs addressing.

DELOADS SUCK!!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
just though i would offer my first cycle review since i will be hitting deload this week and dont see anything interesting coming out of that.

i think i am going to love this program. these were pretty lightweights i was using this cycle and i have already narrowed down form on benchpress, set or met a couple of squat PRs, and this last week destroyed the legs between the front squats, tire work, and back squats, and even those trap bar farmer's walks. this week i will probably not do anything with the tires but for conditioning run sprints and try to learn to jump rope. the tire flipping just seems like it would go against the whole "deload" in general.

also i have pretty much narrowed down my list of assistance exercises, atleast until i find a weakspot that needs addressing.

DELOADS SUCK!!!

They suck, but they are necessary... And you've earned it. Thats some hard work you put in there bro. Excellent man, you must be proud as hell.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
They suck, but they are necessary... And you've earned it. Thats some hard work you put in there bro. Excellent man, you must be proud as hell.

thanks POB. yeah they are definitely boring but they make up for it in the shortness of time they take lol. just finished first deload workout in 20 minutes

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
5/3/1 Cycle 1

Week 4- Deload 3x5

Day 1- Press
no warmup required
70x5
90x5
100x5
55x10
55x10
55x10

Chin-ups
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Close-grip Benchpress
95x10
95x10
95x10

NOTES
Boring but i got in there and got it done. the program says use 40%, 50%, and 60% of your working max. i added 3 sets of 10 at 30% to just do it. the bar looked funny as hell with the nickel on each side :D Chin-ups i probably should have cut to 8 reps a set but it being a bodyweight exercise i am not too worried about it. CGBP actually got a nice pump to the triceps and chest but that was probably due to the fact that there was almost no rest between any of the sets.

Time: 20 minutes
Weight: 206 pounds <---- slowly but surely coming back :D

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
lol will know if i got stronger by this next cycle. i now have numbers an reps to provide a starting point to beat. alot of the weight in the next cycle will be around the same weight in this one since alot of these last weights were rounded up to get to the nearest increment of 5. this is especially true with the benchpress and press since they only go up 5 pounds.

i will have to work out what exactly the numbers will be. Wendler says he has ALL of his big lifts planned for the year using Excel.... that doesnt really work for me so i have to do the math at the beginning of each week.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
well i will be skipping deadlift deload workout. in fact i will be pretty much skipping the rest of the deload workouts this week in favor of starting the cycle on Wednesday. got a few busy days popping up in the next couple of weeks so according to our schedule Wed, Thu, Sat, and Sun would be the best days.

this shouldnt be much of a problem though since i have always made time to get my workouts in...... even if i have to sleep on my boat for a few hours :D

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Wait so you're cutting your deload short???

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
by a day or 2 yes. i am not certain yet as to which day will start it out. looking at our schedule it looks as if most of our "customers" the next month are using the beginning of the week as their stay times.

BTW when i say i am working out Wednesday then it is usually so late at night because of my schedule that technically it is Thursday lol. most of my workouts start at 2 or 3 in the morning.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
well it seems my journal lost alot of posts when that fucktard hacked DG's password.... i fucking hate people like that (the hacker not DG lol) ah well here are the big highlights from this week.

Press-
45x10
95x8
120x5
140x5
155x7(PR)
***this is a PR for standing press. for seated i have done much better lol. getting up there slowly but surely though!

Deadlift
135x12
245x10(yes i have 100 pound plates lol)
295x5
340x5
385x6
***No PRs yet but i am getting deads back on track from the long layoff! plus tweaked form a little. i stood between each rep(a recommendation from Dave Tate)

Benchpress
95x12
135x10
185x5
205x5
235x8
***bench is getting stronger and stronger thanks to the new form and being more stable on the bench in general because of it! thanks again POB! hopefully will repeat 8 reps with next weeks last work set

Other miscellaneous stuff:
got a dead competition with a few of the serious lifters at my gym on the 1st which actually coincides with my deadlift day. i will probably keep it lower around 450-470. depends really on what they look like they are going to do. this is just for pride BTW lol. no real prizes but the winner doesnt buy a round for himself that night :D

Squat pwnage day next post :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic