Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The cottage cheese topic

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
First off, the BRAND and STYLE of cottage cheese makes ALL the difference in the world. To those who do not like cottage cheese, you might want to try a different brand I dislike store brand cottage cheese, it tastes like crap... however... Friendship brand 1% whipped style cottage cheese, or 4% california style are DELICIOUS :eat:

What are your favorite brands and styles? Are there any you particularly dislike?

Cottage cheese can be dressed so many ways Some people like to put a splash of milk and some whey powder but I think that tastes gross... personally I like to mix in a spoon full of either sugar free jam or walden farms' 0 cal fudge dip. Sometimes I like to top it off with some walnuts :eat: Otherwise I even like cottage cheese plain!

How do you eat your cottage cheese?

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I like cottage cheese. Hood low fat small curd. I bought the same stuff by Cabot and it was nasty. I like it just plain.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
In my mind the perfect place for all cottage cheese is the trash. I can't stand the stuff. It's not a taste issue for me, it's a texture thing. I don't like feeling like I'm eating chunky barf or shit. It just doesn't work for me, lol.

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
Believe it or not the ONLY one I can stand is Knudsens!!! I've tried so many and I start gagging on them that's why I always seem to go back to knudsens!!

There are a few more stores now that have come to town, but I haven't had a chance to try their brands of CC, but I'm afraid of buying something that I may not like!!

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I like using CC, heated w/ hot sauce, as a dip with some vegs.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
I like using CC, heated w/ hot sauce, as a dip with some vegs.

Yummy stuff right there. I realloy like cottage cheese...but dry cottage cheese is terrible....Well not terrible just not that good!

Nsupps

Nsupps

Sep 29, 2010
I don't really care what kind of cc I have but I usually eat it with some type of cracker.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Lets see, Cottage cheese sucks donkey balls. I've tried them all, with sugar, with pepper, and just plain, and all want to come back up. It doesn't actually, but crap, takes me forever to get that shit down. That stuff is disgusting, Flavor, taste, texture, it's just one thing, white puke. As good as it is protein wise. I'll stick to either greek yogurt or cultured milk, both have high amounts of protein, and none of the nastyness that comes from cottage cheese.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
breakstone 2%. eat the hell out of it. mix it with some yoplait yogurt light everyonce in awhile for a different taste.

P

Phoenix

Nov 14, 2010
Lets see, Cottage cheese sucks donkey balls. I've tried them all, with sugar, with pepper, and just plain, and all want to come back up. It doesn't actually, but crap, takes me forever to get that shit down. That stuff is disgusting, Flavor, taste, texture, it's just one thing, white puke. As good as it is protein wise. I'll stick to either greek yogurt or cultured milk, both have high amounts of protein, and none of the nastyness that comes from cottage cheese.

Have you tried Siggi's Icelandic yogurt? It's got the highest amount of protein I've seen in a yogurt -- 16-17 grams per cup -- plus no junk in it.

Welcome to siggi's, Icelandic style skyr strained non-fat yogurt

siggi's yogurt full product line | siggi's

Last edited by a moderator:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks I'll check that out. Always looking to try new things :)

What I got addicted to was this stuff
Products | FAGE Total Authentic Greek Yogurt

17g protein per cup, plain tastes awesome to me. All the others have to much sugar.

Take care

Have you tried Siggi's Icelandic yogurt? It's got the highest amount of protein I've seen in a yogurt -- 16-17 grams per cup -- plus no junk in it.

Welcome to siggi's, Icelandic style skyr strained non-fat yogurt

siggi's yogurt full product line | siggi's

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic