Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Stress fracture in my ribcage

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
What about the fact that my training and lifestyles provide repetitive traiuma over time just takes it's toll??

It certainly compromises the surfaces of cartilagenous joints sure, but lifting and exercise in general not only prevent the development of osteoporosis, they often reverse it.

Bottom line there are a multitude of reasons for focal chest pain, the least likely however is a "stress rib fracture" from "coughing", IME.

(Fact is in 20 years I've never diagnosed this entity and that's in spite of the innumerable CXRs ordered searching for significant pathology which could effect treatment or outcome)

Best
Jim

Last edited:
JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
Like I said earlier...initial trama was from a bike accident where I fell on my chest....

I wasn't in any pain until the pollen hit in the south and started coughing......I was in a meeting one day and the coughing tore or injured or aggravated something....I know this for a fact...

cause I fn experienced it...now it still hurts when coughing....the doctors that I have talked to say that this is common and I have an aunt that had the exact same thing happen....

just saying..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic