Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Stress fracture in my ribcage

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
Anyone had any rib issues?

I have a stress fracture in my ribcage in the center of my chest, but more on the right side. Pain is terrible, any movement is felt including breathing. Im taking pain meds with muscle relaxers, about 4 steroids and inflammation meds....been on my third week and I reinjured it twice coughing...

Really nothing to do but take meds and let them do their job...

jdub

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Ouch! Sorry, doesn't sound like much you can do.
i thought this thread was going to be about delicious BBQ though. =((

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
You changed the title, now everyone will think I'm weird.

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
no I didn't.......mod did I guess...needed clarification....and your a prime example..lol

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Mods, always trying to discredit me. I don't know why I even visit
this board

C

callmerio

Jun 5, 2014
Oh no I have the worst issue with my ribs

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've popped floating ribs before. Never fractured a rib though. With popping a rib I just rub some topical lidocane on it and suck it up.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
In the absence of direct chest wall trauma rib fractures is literally unheard of!
How was this diagnosis made?
Jim

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
Its from a older bike accident...stress fracture, aggravated from coughing up Crud when the pollen hit us this spring..

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Get a vest , to hold you may be able to do light maintenance routine . Injuries is when I resort to machines so I don't lose all I've worked for . You can even use one if those torso girdles . I broke many bones in combat but never stop lifting . Experiment - also when I broke ribs and spine I took mega dosing calcium- like jarrow formula bone up. I don't care about studies but fir 2 years I had to get MRI every 3 months to see how both my ribs and spine were healing - my doc thinks it's a combo of the supps and just being in condition . You are a bodybuilder your body is above most

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic