Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Strango busted

W

wutang

Aug 30, 2011
Not calling anyone a liar but this idea some are privy to knowledge is silly. if they have seen it online (and that's where they found it) then its public knowledge. When you're arrested its public domain.
But, its always the same people that like to come across as more knowledgeable than the rest of us no bodies....Silly.
If he was busted...and it wouldn't be a surprise...then post it. Simple.

EXACTLY! Strango wasn't some nobody. Many of us have known and used him for many years. Some who claim that the details are irrelevant and we're just being nosy is just not right and insulting.

Some mentioned that in the report anabolics were hardly even mentioned. Was he involved in recs and narcotics? That would make a big difference.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not calling anyone a liar but this idea some are privy to knowledge is silly. if they have seen it online (and that's where they found it) then its public knowledge. When you're arrested its public domain.
But, its always the same people that like to come across as more knowledgeable than the rest of us no bodies....Silly.
If he was busted...and it wouldn't be a surprise...then post it. Simple.

It was not found online Titan and it's not about ego. As I said before, up to you if you choose to believe it.

M

Miker

Jun 11, 2011
Curious if he was the only one busted. And also curious how this came about.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Please tell me, who among you needs to know details, and for what purpose? I'd love to hear how anyone specifically needs to know "the details" other than to satisfy their own curiosity.

Last edited:

basskiller

Friends Remembered
Sep 12, 2010
Hopefully one day soon that the info can be posted or atleast made mention to what it is. Maybe then you can understand why it's not being discussed right this very minute.
As for why .. certain people get it faster than others.. could be the friends that they have.. While you think it all to be silly, your words, not mine... How about these same people just stop trying to look after the community at large and allow you to come up with the info.
HELL, I didn't even wish to post anything in this thread. I WAS ASKED TO.
This thread is searchable on google and other search engines.

I for one have never said that the details are irrelevant.. just the opposite if you ask me. Therein lies the reason it can not be posted.

Last edited:
W

wutang

Aug 30, 2011
Please tell me, who among you needs to know details, and for what purpose? I'd love to hear how anyone specifically needs to know "the details" other than to satisfy their own curiosity.

It really surprises you that people want to know details? If it was your cousin, neighbor, work mate, a celebrity.... would it be enough if you were told "He's busted. That's all you need to know. The rest is irrelevant."

Why is it bad to be curious about someone you know and/or care about? Why is ok for those privy to inside info to satisfy their curiosity but not the rest of us nobodies?

Say you read in the paper that Arnold was just been arrested and is being held without bail.
And you were told that it's 100% confirmed he's being held without bail and that's all you need to know. Everything else is irrelevant? Why should someone else decide for you what you consider important and relevant.

Do you personally know all the details?

W

wutang

Aug 30, 2011
Hopefully one day soon that the info can be posted or atleast made mention to what it is. Maybe then you can understand why it's not being discussed right this very minute.
As for why .. certain people get it faster than others.. could be the friends that they have.. While you think it all to be silly, your words, not mine... How about these same people just stop trying to look after the community at large and allow you to come up with the info.
HELL, I didn't even wish to post anything in this thread. I WAS ASKED TO.
This thread is searchable on google and other search engines.

I for one have never said that the details are irrelevant.. just the opposite if you ask me. Therein lies the reason it can not be posted.

OK, now this is a good post and puts things in the proper perspective and being respectful and not insulting and making us feel like gossipy old yentas that should just mind their own business about someone we've known for years whose life now appears to be over.

This closes the issue for me.

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Yes. I am aware of the situation.

Many people were "close" to S. I know you were close to him as well. And yes, it would be enough for me if someone told me he was busted and that information came from a person or people that were known to have access to information that others do not. Do not assume other people don't care about him personally as well.

Someone provided information to someone else that alerted them to the bust. It was not sought after or wanted. No one asked for details.

You want to pursue this using analogies, that's fine.

Imagine the information passed along was like a stock tip from ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER. However, in this case, the information was meant to be shared to some extent with everyone so they could make the appropriate moves. Quasi-Insider trading if you will. And the person giving the info out in the first place would be exposed if all the details of the situation were to be exposed, and it also might compromise what is already in play.

I would be grateful that information that I shouldn't have yet was "given" to me earlier that it normally would have been "available" to me. I would wait until other information presented itself.

No one "satisfied their curiosity". There was no inquiry to ask more details about what information was provided. Everyone is sick about the whole thing.

Last edited:
GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
What you highlighted has been posted on several boards many times over. People are beating a dead horse at the moment.

For the record, I never insinuated that anyone was a gossiping old yenta, and I've always treated you with respect on any board we share time.

Last edited:
W

wutang

Aug 30, 2011
Yes. I am aware of the situation.

Many people were "close" to S. I know you were close to him as well. And yes, it would be enough for me if someone told me he was busted and that information came from a person or people that were known to have access to information that others do not. Do not assume other people don't care about him personally as well.

Someone provided information to someone else that alerted them to the bust. It was not sought after or wanted. No one asked for details.

You want to pursue this using analogies, that's fine.

Imagine the information passed along was like a stock tip from ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER. However, in this case, the information was meant to be shared to some extent with everyone so they could make the appropriate moves. Quasi-Insider trading if you will. And the person giving the info out in the first place would be exposed if all the details of the situation were to be exposed, and it also might compromise what is already in play.

I would be grateful that information that I shouldn't have yet was "given" to me earlier that it normally would have been "available" to me. I would wait until other information presented itself.

No one "satisfied their curiosity". There was no inquiry to ask more details about what information was provided. Everyone is sick about the whole thing.

Why on earth would you think I would assume people don't care about strng personally. I thought I made it abundantly clear that it was quite the opposite.

Now of course if revealing "insider" information would in any way compromise the case or the individual reporting then that would explain everything. But that's not the impression I got and the fact that it is still being discussed indicates others as well. The fact that you know but the rest of us have to give a compelling reason to make us worthy, while automatically disqualifying "curiosity", as if that is not a good enough reason and one of the prime motives for human discovery and advancement. And though you claim that "he's busted" is all you need to know and the rest is irrelevant as has been said repeatedly (and so preposterous on so many levels) it still did not preclude you from accepting this irrelevant information and not being shy about implying you were one the chosen ones for this privilege and the rest of us are not.

Last edited:
W

wutang

Aug 30, 2011
What you highlighted has been posted on several boards many times over. People are beating a dead horse at the moment.

For the record, I never insinuated that anyone was a gossiping old yenta, and I've always treated you with respect on any board we share time.

It was not posted in that context. It was more like this is what "so and so" said and just leave it at that and the rest is irrelevant. And on one of the other boards some of us "curious" members were specifically called "nosy", which is just a more pejorative term for "curiosity". So the implication was not unfounded.

Nonetheless, no need, as you say, to beat a dead horse. You are a well known and well respected vet that brings much needed knowledge and experience as well as good humor and always elevate the mood of the boards you are on. I meant nothing personal but I'm just so sick, sad and furious at this whole situation. Not only because strango has always been such a good stand up guy, though things did noticeable changed for the worse after his divorce, but that lives are ruined and destroyed for something that harms no one and overwhelming enhances the quality of one's life. Of course there is nothing on this planet, no matter how good for you, that can't be abused and become detrimental. I always say the most abused substance in this country is food. But overwhelming PEDS (Performance Enhancing) make lives better. And sources, at great risk to themselves, allow others to make decisions for their own lives and to see anyone of them have their lives ruined for provided a service that should be legal, if not encourage and promoted.

Anyway, enough of my rant and I meant nothing personal and no hard feelings.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Possible other analogy . . . . wife is in the health care industry. Might be a doctor, a nurse, hospital admin, might be well placed in a medical insurance provider, doesn't matter. As such, she can access medical records for any patient that passes through her corner of the medical world, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, labs, you name it. She accesses it on a computer, but it is not just available online to anyone with good search skills, it is only available to a limited universe of people. If she or one of her peers leaks private info, there will be a relatively short list of suspects. There will be an aggressive invetigation, probably interrogation, maybe lie detectors thrown in. When the leak is identified, he/she will be fired, probably sued, maybe prosecuted.

Not suggesting Strango's case involves health care folks, but the parallels here are obvious to me. When a few people I know (online) who are more deeply embedded in our community than I am politely ask that I accept what little they can tell me, I can understand why.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic