Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

squat fail

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i would say a wider stance with your toes point outward a bit...It will give u more blance and put more hip into the squat...hip power goes a long way...the wider the stance the more hip is involed.Also,to mention,u build a bigger leg...so u get the best of both worlds...But if u have weak hastrings u can pull them due to a wider stance.However,ive seen many power houses with a narrow stance and squat big numbers too...The only problem i see is that u went way to heavy ....U just need to build yourself that amont of weight....One thing i learned as a weightlifter...We all have our own foot prints....Not everyone has the same way to lift....lift with your own blue print...become the best master at it...Your a master now...just keep climeing the stakes...dw

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
i would say a wider stance with your toes point outward a bit...It will give u more blance and put more hip into the squat...hip power goes a long way...the wider the stance the more hip is involed.Also,to mention,u build a bigger leg...so u get the best of both worlds...But if u have weak hastrings u can pull them due to a wider stance.However,ive seen many power houses with a narrow stance and squat big numbers too...The only problem i see is that u went way to heavy ....U just need to build yourself that amont of weight....One thing i learned as a weightlifter...We all have our own foot prints....Not everyone has the same way to lift....lift with your own blue print...become the best master at it...Your a master now...just keep climeing the stakes...dw

thanks dw!! what blows is when they reconstructed my acl, they used part( 3 strips of muscle)from my ham to repair and 5 years later i still get very rough pulls in my left leg...i shall carry on bro, 500 was just too much, i lightened up as it a new way of squatting for me, top set of 375 for 5 semi-easy reps. again, thanks for the truth bro dw!!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
thanks dw!! what blows is when they reconstructed my acl, they used part( 3 strips of muscle)from my ham to repair and 5 years later i still get very rough pulls in my left leg...i shall carry on bro, 500 was just too much, i lightened up as it a new way of squatting for me, top set of 375 for 5 semi-easy reps. again, thanks for the truth bro dw!!

someone mention above that was a main key to all of us that we should work on more often..atleast for me anyway...but with all the disk problems i have my super heavy days are over because i lacked CORE WORK...So make sure u work that core bro...hyper extentions i feel are the best ...If your core is weak then your body will not withhold the weight....So keep that core work in yout routine bro....

I know from experiance if u can work your way up to 455 for 3 reps /5 sets...No douth u can max at 500 just like u are training mostly in the raw....knee wraps and a belt i feel is still training raw style....dw

Last edited:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
someone mention above that was a main key to all of us that we should work on more often..atleast for me anyway...but with all the disk problems i have my super heavy days are over because i lacked CORE WORK...So make sure u work that core bro...hyper extentions i feel are the best ...If your core is weak then your body will not withhold the weight....So keep that core work in yout routine bro....

I know from experiance if u can work your way up to 455 for 3 reps /5 sets...No douth u can max at 500 just like u are training mostly in the raw....knee wraps and a belt i feel is still training raw style....dw

i am integrating more core work dw, the 5x5 really didn't allow much play for this, but 5-3-1 is allowing my more time to do so, feeling better bro, thanks much dw!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic