Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

squat fail

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011

whaddya think people, pob recommends a wider stance.

Last edited by a moderator:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
by the way, i have completed my squat routine by this time, the most weight i have tried to squat in 5 years.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I agree with the wider stance and toes out a bit .

X2 I'm with RR, wider stance and toes out. I'd also find a PL gym in your area and use a monolift, I did and it's one of the smartest things I've ever done. JB can attest to how things can turn south pretty quick walking heavy weights out. I bet with your drive and attitude a team would take you in for sure. I found my local team on line and shot them an email and it's been great since then. They will get your wraps the right way and with spotters in the back on the sides and someone calling your height on the way down you just can't go wrong. I bet you would excel and have a blast!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
He has a monolift at his gym, but he needs the safety chains for the lift and someone to operate it for him, which he can just grab a guy. He lifts at a pretty damn decent gym...

And I agree with this PoB character who recommended widening your stance up. Some goodmornings and glute ham raises may help you too. I think that shaking like you have parkinsons thing is from a weakness in the glutes and/or hams. Lookin like michael j. fox and shit :p

But anyway, you're a beast oldschool and I'm still chasin ya down... If that weight is beyond you right now, at least we both know its only temporary!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
He has a monolift at his gym, but he needs the safety chains for the lift and someone to operate it for him, which he can just grab a guy. He lifts at a pretty damn decent gym...

And I agree with this PoB character who recommended widening your stance up. Some goodmornings and glute ham raises may help you too. I think that shaking like you have parkinsons thing is from a weakness in the glutes and/or hams. Lookin like michael j. fox and shit :p

But anyway, you're a beast oldschool and I'm still chasin ya down... If that weight is beyond you right now, at least we both know its only temporary!
=))
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Doesnt seem like u have your wraps on tight. I'm always jumping to get mine off they are so tight. My toes start to tingle. Walkin weight is a bitch. The reason you shake is u need to get your core stronger. Also a monolift is key. U can also do static holds with a higher weight and also bottom up squats will help. Good luck bro. Be safe.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
X2 I'm with RR, wider stance and toes out. I'd also find a PL gym in your area and use a monolift, I did and it's one of the smartest things I've ever done. JB can attest to how things can turn south pretty quick walking heavy weights out. I bet with your drive and attitude a team would take you in for sure. I found my local team on line and shot them an email and it's been great since then. They will get your wraps the right way and with spotters in the back on the sides and someone calling your height on the way down you just can't go wrong. I bet you would excel and have a blast!

thank you brother halo!! the shamefull part of my gym is sadly for most members, they hang around the machines and treads, i had to round up that fella to spot me in the bench!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Doesnt seem like u have your wraps on tight. I'm always jumping to get mine off they are so tight. My toes start to tingle. Walkin weight is a bitch. The reason you shake is u need to get your core stronger. Also a monolift is key. U can also do static holds with a higher weight and also bottom up squats will help. Good luck bro. Be safe.

hey jandj!! always a pleasure to hear from you bro! that would make sense, i only do 5 sets weighted sit up 2xs a week, i will have to kick it up. thanks again, for all your help!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011

i shoulda been a brain surgeon with my shaking, don't ya think? imagine the look on someones face when they found out i was going to be operating on them...priceless!! you are a very efficient lifter pob! our neck and neck status will only drive us harder and further bro!! can always count on you for your brutal honesty pob! thanks!!!

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Core is more than just sit ups. Back ext,leg raises, glute ham raises, any type of core stabilizing excerses. Core consists of lower back, hams, quads,abs and hip. All these things will allow you to stabilize and lose the shakes.

I am healing quick and I will be back to squats before you know it. Put 500 on the bar lift and hold for 20 sec. This will allow you to feel the heavier weights

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Core is more than just sit ups. Back ext,leg raises, glute ham raises, any type of core stabilizing excerses. Core consists of lower back, hams, quads,abs and hip. All these things will allow you to stabilize and lose the shakes.

I am healing quick and I will be back to squats before you know it. Put 500 on the bar lift and hold for 20 sec. This will allow you to feel the heavier weights

thanks...again!! i do do glute/ham raises, dumbbell side bends, and sld's...when im not running out the gym door for work, which sadly, is more often than not.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic