MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
oldschool how old are you? just keep at it--good job

BTW, i benched that last night

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
QUOTE=PillarofBalance;118180]He has a monolift at his gym, but he needs the safety chains for the lift and someone to operate it for him, which he can just grab a guy. He lifts at a pretty damn decent gym...

And I agree with this PoB character who recommended widening your stance up. Some goodmornings and glute ham raises may help you too. I think that shaking like you have parkinsons thing is from a weakness in the glutes and/or hams. Lookin like michael j. fox and shit :p

But anyway, you're a beast oldschool and I'm still chasin ya down... If that weight is beyond you right now, at least we both know its only temporary![/QUOTE]

DUDE this is the funniest shit every!!!!!!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
oldschool how old are you? just keep at it--good job

BTW, i benched that last night

i am going to be 45 in a couple months ozzy, i just watched a vid by louie simmons, widening my stance is not an option anymore!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
QUOTE=PillarofBalance;118180]He has a monolift at his gym, but he needs the safety chains for the lift and someone to operate it for him, which he can just grab a guy. He lifts at a pretty damn decent gym...

And I agree with this PoB character who recommended widening your stance up. Some goodmornings and glute ham raises may help you too. I think that shaking like you have parkinsons thing is from a weakness in the glutes and/or hams. Lookin like michael j. fox and shit :p

But anyway, you're a beast oldschool and I'm still chasin ya down... If that weight is beyond you right now, at least we both know its only temporary!

DUDE this is the funniest shit every!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

thanks bro!! much appreciated!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Core is more than just sit ups. Back ext,leg raises, glute ham raises, any type of core stabilizing excerses. Core consists of lower back, hams, quads,abs and hip. All these things will allow you to stabilize and lose the shakes.

I am healing quick and I will be back to squats before you know it. Put 500 on the bar lift and hold for 20 sec. This will allow you to feel the heavier weights

thanks jandj!! platz used to do what you recommended, with a grand on the bar!!

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i would pretty much have to agree with PoB, RR, and Halo. wider stance would definitely help.... well atleast it did my squat anyway :D

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
i am going to be 45 in a couple months ozzy, i just watched a vid by louie simmons, widening my stance is not an option anymore!!

ill tell you what at 45 and you even trying that weight says something about your conviction to the sport

just take time and work at it it will come again

405 is a hell of a load at any age--i bet you can only find a handful of guys here that actually do it

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
ill tell you what at 45 and you even trying that weight says something about your conviction to the sport

405 is a hell of a load at any age--i bet you can only find a handful of guys here that actually do it

^^^ that too. i am 27 and cant squat 405 :( although i am not too far from it

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011

thanks ozzy69!! really do appreciate your motivational words bro! btw, thats 505.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
my new camera, for some reason, squishes the image tight together and elongates... and 2 skinny plates may look like 1 , as was seen in my squat on the monolift, it looks like i am missing a plate...just saying bros!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic