Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Speciliazed Strength Training (SST)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nice work brother. Love all those exercises.

You did great!!!

Thanks Bull. You're always extremely supportive.

some impressive weights being moved around in here....consider me sub'd...hope everything on a personal level is ok man...hopefully nothing a little pain and gain can't help with...

This is just a light week but thanks.

Praying for you BI.
Way to get it done despite shit, you know yourself and what you need to stay mentally clear. Don't lose that focus.

Thanks TA. You know what they say... when it rains, it pours. It's been raining on me for the better part of this year but I know the rainbow will shine through soon and thing will begin to turn for the better.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Dec 24, 15 - Deadlift/ OHP

Not a bad day, if I do say myself. I decided to add fatigue drop sets in (I used a 15% drop)... Thanks #PoB . I liked that. As you can see, I'm already putting RDLs back in. I was supposed to do push press but there were a lot of people in the gym today and no rack or cage was available so I made up a lift using the comp bench. It worked well... I could have gone heavier but by the time I realized that I was ready to be done.

WAVE 3 WEEK 2
DEADLIFT/ OHP DAY
Deadlift (conventional)~ 135x5, x5, 225x5, 315x3, 375x5, 430x5, 480x5 fatigue drop 405x5, x5
Seated Military Press (no back support)~ 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x4, 175x3
RDL~ 315x5, 335x5, 355x5, 375x3, 395x3​

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
I talked to PoB a lot and he helped me. I base everything on percentages b/c it's a gun to the head or else type.... and PoB has more of a hippy, how do you feel type. I kept my percentages on my comp lifts and used RPE on my assisting lifts. I also adopted his fatigue drops and rep drops on my assisting lifts.

I'm also going back to a 4 day a week set up. My 4th day isn't as intense as PoB's and it's not just machines. My 4th day is GM, Shoulder Press, Rows, DB Curl.

I've also dropped my Mon/Wed/Fri days to 3 lifts and they'll look like this:

MONDAY
Bench (comp lift)
Squat Assistance
Bench Assistance

WEDNESDAY
Deadlift (comp lift)
OHP
Deadlift Assistance

FRIDAY

Squat (comp lift)
Bench Assistance
Squat Assistance

SATURDAY
Fluff...

That looks fairly simple and easy to go with. That is similar to how my SST is going to look towards the end lol except I will have no 4th day. SST getting brutal the further it goes :D I am surprised you are going to do goodmornings the day after your comp squat though.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
That looks fairly simple and easy to go with. That is similar to how my SST is going to look towards the end lol except I will have no 4th day. SST getting brutal the further it goes :D I am surprised you are going to do goodmornings the day after your comp squat though.

I'm going to go lighter on my gm's. They'll be sets of 7 reps so I'll still push heavy weight but not as heavy.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
You ever go into higher rep ranges? such as 10 to 15 reps? Just curious cause even on your isolation assistance work you always seem to be around 7 reps

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You ever go into higher rep ranges? such as 10 to 15 reps? Just curious cause even on your isolation assistance work you always seem to be around 7 reps

For bigger lifts, I'm keeping it at 7 reps for rows, gm's, and shoulder pressing. For the smaller movements, it'll be sets of 10 reps. The 4th day isn't as harsh as PoB suggested. I made it a bit easier.. it'll be fast but I'm glad SS is in a better place. That allows me to go in for a 4th day.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Dec 27, 15 - Squat/ Bench Day

Had a Great Day!!! Finally... I get to be the Hammer. I broke out the sleeves on the 470 set and then added a belt for the 530 sets. I felt pitched forward on the 530 set. I'm thinking I would actually squat better with flatter soled shoes. I'm thinking of trying out my chucks during my very light week. It'll be interesting to see how this experiment goes...now, I'm not going to use chucks during my heavy squats b/c it would throw me off but I'll give it a try for my light work.

It felt good to be front squatting again. 315 felt good and I'm excited to put more weight on the bar.

WAVE 3 WEEK 2
SQUAT/ BENCH DAY
Squat~ 145x5, x5, 235x5, 325x5, 405x5, 470x5, 530x5
Speed Bench + 80lbs chain~ bar x a lot, 95x15, 135x7, 175+C x3, x3, x3, x3, x3, x3, x3,x 3
Oly Front Squat~ 135x5, 225x5, 255x5, 285x3, 315x3​

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Nice work. I just got my sbd sleeves in yesterday. Cant wait to try them out tomorrow.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Your workouts are awesome BI. You always kill yourself in the gym. Great work man, I know that felt great.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nice work. I just got my sbd sleeves in yesterday. Cant wait to try them out tomorrow.

I haven't had the chance to use SBD sleeves but I hear nothing but great things. I'm still using EliteFTS sleeves. I have to buy a new pair b/c my old ones are finally coming apart (I think I've had them for 4+ years). They were XL but the new XL's are way to big so I gotta order Larges.

Your workouts are awesome BI. You always kill yourself in the gym. Great work man, I know that felt great.

It did. Since my Oly front's are so light, I'm not wearing a belt or sleeves. I won't break out anything until I get the weight back up to at least 405... hopefully that won't take to long.

Nice Squat Work!

Thanks Bull. Today was definitely a good day.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Didn't get to train today... SS's mom was having chest pains so she went to the hospital. For those that don't know, SS's mom had open heart surgery last year. So needless to say I'm home today making sure things are alright.

I'll train tomorrow morning....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic