Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Speciliazed Strength Training (SST)

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Didn't get to train today... SS's mom was having chest pains so she went to the hospital. For those that don't know, SS's mom had open heart surgery last year. So needless to say I'm home today making sure things are alright.

I'll train tomorrow morning....
I hope everything is alright with SS mom. Will be praying for her

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I hope everything is alright with SS mom. Will be praying for her

Thanks. They tested her heart and thankfully that was ok but she was running a fever and having chest pains. They put her on anti biotics and we're keeping a close eye on her. If she doesn't get better, she'll have to go back in.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Dec 30, 15 - Bench/ Squat Day

Had a great day benching. I cut my workout short but that's b/c we need to keep an eye on SS's mom and SS didn't want to be away long. I got done everything I needed to and had a good day.

This rain needs to stop b/c I was extremely close to saying... fvck it and skip training this week. Thankfully, I didn't.

WAVE 3 WEEK 3

BENCH/ SQUAT DAY
Bench~ bar x alot, 95x15, 135x10, 185x3 w/p, 225x3 w/p, 260x3 w/p, 295x3 w/p, 330x1, 340x1, 350x1, 365x1 w/p slingshot
Pause Squat (3 sec)~ 145x3, 235x2, 325x3, 395x2, x2, 415x2, x2
Floor Press~ 135x10, 185x7, 195x7, 205x7
DB Curl~ 35x14​

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Nice work!!! Good paused squats and all.

No skipping because of rain.

:D

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Nice work man.

Hows everything now?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nice work man.

Hows everything now?

She was still running a fever so I wasn't able to train again this week. It's not her heart but we want her to go back in b/c she shouldn't be running a fever, having chest pains, etc...

Beast!!!! Nice work man!

Thanks. You aint seen nothing yet. I'm going to really push it this new year.

Nice work!!! Good paused squats and all.

No skipping because of rain.

:D

Thanks. I would have liked to have gotten in more then 1x this week but shit happens. Shouldn't have that happen again though.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Update.....

Wasn't able to train this past week beyond the one day. I'll be changing my training days to Wed/ Friday/ Sunday. This schedule works better for SS and she's wanting to train with me and I'm all for that. She's a great training partner. Don't know if I'll also train with the other person I was lifting with from time to time since I think his schedule is different then mine.

Also, I'll be switching to my new program this week. I just want to start fresh this year and really push myself. This new program is a collaboration of PoB and myself. You'll see many of his ideas in it as well as many of mine. I can't take credit for it... it's a joint effort and I'm very thankful that PoB would help me.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Update.....

Wasn't able to train this past week beyond the one day. I'll be changing my training days to Wed/ Friday/ Sunday. This schedule works better for SS and she's wanting to train with me and I'm all for that. She's a great training partner. Don't know if I'll also train with the other person I was lifting with from time to time since I think his schedule is different then mine.

Also, I'll be switching to my new program this week. I just want to start fresh this year and really push myself. This new program is a collaboration of PoB and myself. You'll see many of his ideas in it as well as many of mine. I can't take credit for it... it's a joint effort and I'm very thankful that PoB would help me.

BFq29BN.jpg

You're one of the few that I trust outside of here so hopefully this made you chuckle....it seemed fitting for the occasion.

Haha, I'm happy that you're able to train with SS now that she's home full time. I'm really curious of what the two of you came up with.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Sounds like a great plan BI!!!

Looking forward to seeing it unfold!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BFq29BN.jpg

You're one of the few that I trust outside of here so hopefully this made you chuckle....it seemed fitting for the occasion.

Haha, I'm happy that you're able to train with SS now that she's home full time. I'm really curious of what the two of you came up with.

LOL.... That is an awesome meme. SS and I both got a good laugh. Well, I took what PoB gave me and made some changes to it. It's a hodgepodge. A melding of SST's layout and PoB's RPE and fatigue so I'm excited to start it and see where it goes. I even worked out a way to have a 4th day like PoB wanted. My 4th day will be at my apt gym. It has quite a few machines, KB's, and DB's up to 50lbs, smith machine, and some other stuff.

Sounds like a great plan BI!!!

Looking forward to seeing it unfold!

I'm excited to see how it goes as well. The only thing I didn't like is that I dropped GM's from my training b/c I'm unable to do them on my 4th day but I put Front Squats and RDL's back in which I think trump GM's.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic