jacobss
What's New?

Speciliazed Strength Training (SST)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 11, 11 ~ Cardio

I had to see a new client today so I wasn't able to train. I also have to take the wife to the airport so she can compete in the NY Open on Sat. So b/c of all of that I'm going to be training Tue/Thur/Sat and doing my cardio Mon/Wed/Sun.

I did 42min of cardio today. Tomorrow I'll train legs.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 12, 11 ~ Legs

Had me best leg day in a very long time. I hit PR's in the Olympic Back and Front Squat. I warmed up outside (dynamic warm up) and drank my 1/2 strength powerade throughout the workout. I was also able to perform 3 of the 4 rehab movements I needed to do. I'll do sea turtles later this evening.

WAVE 24 WEEK 3
LEGS:

Back Squat (oly)~ 172kgX5, 191kgX3, 212kgX2 PR

Front Squat (oly)~ 143kgX5, 159kgX3, 175kgX2 PR

Old School Hacks~ 90kgX7, 100kgX5, 110kgX5, 120kgX4, 130kgX3

Bottom Up Back Squat~ 65kgX6, 75kgX6, 85kgX6

Next week is a deload week for me and than I'll be recalc'ing my numbers. Normally, I wouldn't recalc numbers till I stall but I'm about to up the intensity of my cardio and that will have an impact on my strength. I am already starting to feel it so I'll reset the numbers and work back up. This will also allow my shoulder to get more rest which is crucial since I want to get back to 100%.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 13, 11 ~ Cardio

Did my 42min of cardio today. I didn't do any shoulder rehab but that's b/c I'm just getting in and it's 2:30am. I'll train chest tomorrow and do my rehab at the gym. Like I said I make sure I perform my rehab movements 5x week at least.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 14, 11 ~ Chest/Triceps

Had a good day. I hit 280lbs for an easy single and without any shoulder pain whatsoever. I'm still 100lbs+ lighter than what I was before my shoulder got hurt but I'm happy I'm able to train a lil heavier. I was pressed for time so I did kickbacks instead of skullcrushers.

WAVE 24 WEEK 3
CHEST:

Flat Bench~ 220lbsX5, 250lbsX3, 280lbsX1

Close Grip Floor Press~ 165lbsX7, 175lbsX7, 185lbsX5, 195lbsX5

TRICEPS:
Straight Bar Pressdown~ 90lbsX7, 100lbsX7, 110lbsX7, 120lbsX5

DB Kickbacks~ 25lbsX7, 27.5lbsX7, 30lbsX7

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
SHOULDER REHAB Part II

Went and saw the PT and he gave me the green light to start training shoulders light so I'll put my 4th day back in starting after next week. Also he gave me 2 new exercises to perform. I don't remember the names but they work on also balance and coordination.

First one: Scapular Hangs Hanging in the straps, you let yourself sink (lowered) and than using your shoulder stabilizers you lift yourself up. While lifting yourself up, keep your chest high and out and back arched. Hold yourself in that position for as long as you can, than slowly lower yourself back down and than lift yourself back up.

Second one: Plank Jacks Get in a plank position w/ legs together. Make sure you don't let your abs slouch. Keep the back tight and arched. Also, don't slouch on your shoulders either. Keep them tight. Than do a jumping jacks in that position. Bring your arms out while keeping them bent and open you legs. Than bring them back to the starting position.

Second one Part II: Plank Walks Walk to the left and than back in the plank position. Than walk to the right and than back.

I tried these tonight and holy shit they were hard. This will test your coordination as well as work your shoulder region as well.

He showed me another movement but it involves a cab crossover and we don't have one at my gym so that one will have to wait. He's coming to train with me next week so I can ask him how I could make a variation of it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 16, 11 ~ Back/Biceps

Had a good day. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 13-14lbs in the past 7-8 weeks which is just about right (the rate of dropping). I could def feel the difference when I pulled today. I hit what I needed to but I doubt I had anymore in the tank. I'm going to recalc my numbers now and use the new (lower) numbers starting Wave 25. I'm also going to put a 4th day back in starting on Wave 25. My shoulder day is going to be light and limited but it'll get better as time goes on. I'm just glad to be able to train shoulders again period.

WAVE 24 WEEK 3
BACK:

Deadlift (conventional)~ 207kgX5, 230kgX3, 255kgX1 (562lbs)
Remember I pull using a hook grip and not a mixed one. 562lbs felt much heavier than it should which is why I know that dropping weight has taken a toll on me.

Standing Good Morning~ 70kgX7, 80kgX7, 90kgX5, 100kgX3
I was fried at 100kg.

Kroc Rows~ 85lbsX20 X12
I don't use any body swinging or anything like that. It's still very much a controlled movement but I just go w/ high reps.

Face Pulls~ Green BandX 3(15)

BICEPS:
Hammer Curls~ 35lbsX7, 40lbsX7, 45lbsX7, 50lbsX7

I also did some of my rehab there; stick stretch, wall angels, and scap motions.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 17, 11 ~ Cardio

Did stadiums today. It was exhausting to say the least. I ran 4 sets of stadiums and walked the track 4 times to make a total of 27min of conditioning time.

After next week, I'll add 1 more set of stadiums and 1 more set of track walks which should add 33-34min total time.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 18, 11 ~ Legs

DELOAD WEEK
WAVE 24 WEEK 4

LEGS:

Back Squats (oly style)~ 105kgx5, 124kgx5, 143kgx5

Front Squat (oly style)~ 89kgx5, 105kgx5, 120kgx5

Old School Hacks~ 90kgx3(5)

I did my shoulder rehab: Scap Motions, Wall Angels, Stick Stretch, and Scap Hangs (depression/elevation). Scap Hangs are new. I still have Sea Turtles and Plank Walks left today.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 19, 11 ~ Cardio

Did my 45min of LISS Cardio today. Got Chest tomorrow.

I'll do Scap Motions, Stick Stretch, Wall Angels, Sea Turtles, and Plank Walks today.

And next week I get to finally put Shoulders back in. I haven't trained Shoulders since Jan. It'll be light but it'll be nice to be back to 4x week in my training regimen.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Explanation for Carb Rotation

I've had a lot of people asking me why I do my rotation like I do and why I train on certain days. Well, here's my explanation for what I do:

The "High days," is giving your body all the carbs it can handle, refilling your glycogen stores and promoting an anabolic environment. Let's say you're doing a body-part split, your legs are your weakest body part, and thus your toughest workout of the week is leg day. So you choose that as your high day for carbs. You don't need as much protein, since the extra carbs generate more insulin, which helps you get more protein into your muscles.

The "Medium days" allow you to maintain your glycogen levels with fewer total calories. You'll have enough carbs to fuel your workout and prevent tissue breakdown, but not enough to be highly anabolic.

The "Low days" are ideal for the days you do cardio only, or don't train at all. Your body, with its low insulin levels, will be primed for burning fat. With fewer carbs, you'll be eating more fat, which benefits hormone production and helps keep your body sensitive to insulin on the medium and high days.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 20, 11 ~ Chest/Triceps

Performed my dynamic warm up and drank my 1/2 strength powerade during my workout. I also performed almost all my shoulder rehab work when I was done.

DELOAD WEEK
WAVE 24 WEEK 4

CHEST:

Flat Bench~ 120lbsX5, 150lbsX5, 180lbsX5

TRICEPS:
DB Kickbacks~ 17.5lbsX 3(7)

Straight Bar Pressdown~ 80lbsX 3(7)

Than did my shoulder rehab. I did: Scap Motions, Scap Hangs, Wall Angels, and Stick Stretch. I'll do Sea Turtles later on.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
April 21, 11 ~ Cardio

Did only 42min of LISS Cardio today. I had to go to the airport and pick up the wife. I'll do a few of the shoulder rehab exercises tonight. I'll hit them all tomorrow, Sat, and Sun.

Tomorrow I train Back and than on Sat it's off to run Stadiums.

Sunday I'll rest, than go to church for Easter and have my last cheat meal of the week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic