Members
Latest Member
Nickobat

Soooo..... How Much Do Ya Dead Lift?

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
336 contest with belt, 345 at Iron Sport.

Wt: 120.

Glad to be part of the big kids club.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
I have deadlifted exactly 8 times in my life. Last Friday I pulled 225x3 for the first time. Sumo style , regular grip, no belt. My forearms are still sore from the whole workout. So I am still in the other 90% of the population category. ;)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Damn ! That is awesome ! I tip my hat to you

I've never done a max anything in my 32 years of weights but I can honestly say that's damn impressive. Would you guys that are this strong mind posting your actual deadlift workout ? Like days per week and sets?

I dead 1-2 times week to begin my back I warm up and do only 4 work sets. Ususlly 3 plates for 15-20. I'm wondering what it takes to really get it strong .
My training typically looks like this.

Week 1
65% of 1rm for 10 to 15 doubles focusing on speed.

Week 2
75% for 5 sets of 5

Week 3
85% for 6 x 3

The next 3 week waves bump those percents by 5%.

Then bump again by 5%.

So in wave 4 week 3 you are shooting for a new PR for a single. Then use that to recalculate and start back at 65%.

For accessories just abuse your back. Lots of rows, pullups, good mornings. Really anything that works the back glutes and hams. Do those is rep ranges up to 7 to 10.

Then do some lighter isolation stuff like ham curls and hyper extensions to keep the joints happy.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
My training typically looks like this.

Week 1
65% of 1rm for 10 to 15 doubles focusing on speed.

Week 2
75% for 5 sets of 5

Week 3
85% for 6 x 3

The next 3 week waves bump those percents by 5%.

Then bump again by 5%.

So in wave 4 week 3 you are shooting for a new PR for a single. Then use that to recalculate and start back at 65%.

For accessories just abuse your back. Lots of rows, pullups, good mornings. Really anything that works the back glutes and hams. Do those is rep ranges up to 7 to 10.

Then do some lighter isolation stuff like ham curls and hyper extensions to keep the joints happy.

I've put 105lbs on my deadlift this year basically just running this method, and it's really probably closer to 130 when I'm at my peak, but I have some back issues and try to save the 1RM's for the platform. I try to avoid injuries during training, but they seem to like me sometimes...

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
George Leeman says go **** yourself.

Hahahaha I think about that every time someone mentions high reps don't work.

I don't like to argue, but I think high reps do work.

BUT, we also need to remember everyone responds differently.

I tried heavy triples, doubles and singles on bench and I just went backwards.

When I started running 5/3/1 and going for rep pr's I noticed a difference.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I've put 105lbs on my deadlift this year basically just running this method, and it's really probably closer to 130 when I'm at my peak, but I have some back issues and try to save the 1RM's for the platform. I try to avoid injuries during training, but they seem to like me sometimes...

Lk like this setup too. It's not mentally draining and you still get in a nice session.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Lk like this setup too. It's not mentally draining and you still get in a nice session.

Ah, it's pretty damn draining if you have your training maxes set right and bust ass on your accessories.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ah, it's pretty damn draining if you have your training maxes set right and bust ass on your accessories.

Couldn't agree more.

I put on 105lbs in a year on my deadlift following POB, BI and PLK.

Between SST and POB's method is what worked most for me. Deloads are built in for proper rest and you can still smash accessories.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012

It might have been because I had just started to dead lift again.

I could definitely tell I had done something.

But I didn't need to lie down after.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic