Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Smoked pulled chicken sandwiches with a white Alabama BBQ sauce.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Made pulled chicken again last night. I usually just season the bird with no binder, but I wanted to experiment and try using this generic Chick-Fil-A knock off chicken sauce from walmart in place of mustard a try, and see how it went. I couldn't tell a real difference outside of the skin getting a little less crispy, so i'm just gonna stick to rub only from now on, lol.

The first 2 pics below are pre-cooking after seasoning them up, and while waiting for the smoker to get heated. The one on the left I used Lawry's seasoning salt instead of Killer Hogs AP seasoning because I thought I was gonna run out of AP....which I didn't, oh well, lol. The one on the right was also smaller and cooked faster by about a 5 degree difference.

These third and fourth pics are about an hour and 50 minutes into the cook where I opened up the smoker for the first time to add in the thermo probes. The one on the left was already at 154F, and the one on the left was high 140's.

Attachments

• precook chicken 1.jpg
    precook chicken 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 77
  • precook chicken 2.jpg
    precook chicken 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 78
  • chicken 2hr 1.jpg
    chicken 2hr 1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 78
  • chicken 2hr 2.jpg
    chicken 2hr 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 77
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The next 4 pics are all done with the final product. On one sammich I used the chicken dipping sauce, and the other one I used the 50/50 mix of Killer Hogs vinegar based bbq sauce, and their regular bbq sauce. Also had some homemade guacamole added to both!

The bird on the right, the smaller one, I lost track of the temps with the kids buggin' the shiat out of me, and it got up to 169:(
frown.gif
...so hence the slight burn/doneness. It was still super good, but slightly drier breast than the one on the left, which was pulled at 164F.

Attachments

• chicken done 2.jpg
    chicken done 2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 76
  • chicken done 3.jpg
    chicken done 3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 81
  • chicken done 4.jpg
    chicken done 4.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 78
  • chicken done 1.jpg
    chicken done 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 77
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
...and of course, I had to add desert....a lemon cake with cream cheese frosting:cool:

Attachments

• lemon cake.jpg
    lemon cake.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 77
Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn the sandwiches look amazing I am HUNGRY!
The cake I can pass on but will take another sandwich please;)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
The next 4 pics are all done with the final product. On one sammich I used the chicken dipping sauce, and the other one I used the 50/50 mix of Killer Hogs vinegar based bbq sauce, and their regular bbq sauce. Also had some homemade guacamole added to both!

The bird on the right, the smaller one, I lost track of the temps with the kids buggin' the shiat out of me, and it got up to 169:(
frown.gif
...so hence the slight burn/doneness. It was still super good, but slightly drier breast than the one on the left, which was pulled at 164F.

yum, yum yum!!!!...All I can say!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic